Looks like this is happening to more people. I just made a post in the limited edition trade-up forum on the official BlackBerry Developer support forums. I think they're finally going to get ready and start sending out emails hopefully soon. I got that message as well and my first message matched yours and the OP's so I'm sure it's not just us getting this new message.
    floydsaj and jerryeight like this.
    12-24-12 04:30 PM
    Has anyone checked theirs with another app they have approved in app world. When I try to submit a new app I get the following message: A submission for the Limited Edition Trade-up program has already occurred for pin ********. For further inquiries on this issue, please contact us at [email protected].

However when I try and resubmit my old app which I did originally I get the following message:
    A submission for the Limited Edition Trade-up program has already occurred for pin ********. For further inquiries on this issue, please contact us at [email protected].

But when I did try submitting it for the same app on the 19th december I got the message:
    A limited edition device has already been allocated for the device with PIN: ********

So im confused? does that mean I dont get the limited edition or theyve change they mind?
    i think theyve just editing the message with the contact email as they realise now not sending confirmation of submission emails wasnt their best moment.
    goku_vegeta and floydsaj like this.
    12-24-12 05:51 PM
    So when people start getting emails or seeing follow-up from RIM, ***please*** keep us updated here on this thread.

I want to make sure if I don't get an email (while everyone else has) that I still have enough time to re-register some newer apps or inquire as to what I may still need to do to qualify.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Crackberry Tapatalk Forum app
    floydsaj and goku_vegeta like this.
    12-26-12 11:35 AM
    I am still awaiting approval for 4 of my new apps. It's been 2 weeks.
    12-26-12 04:21 PM
    Hopefully RIM will start cranking through the app approval process after the christmas holidays...
    12-27-12 02:04 AM
    Hey Everyone, I just posted this in the developer.blackberry.com forums for the Trade up, didn't feel like rewriting so I'm plagiarizing my own work
    ------------------------------
    Okay Everyone,

Quick little update, I went back in to the trade up page. Now, I got thinking, what would happen if I submit another app. A different one from the one I submitted.

Interestingly enough I get that same message that "A submission for the Limited Edition Trade-up program has already occurred for pin ********. For further inquiries on this issue, please contact us at [email protected]."

Now what's interesting here is that I cannot actually submit any more apps. Unique apps as well. Obviously resubmitting the same app will bring that message up as well because it's already in the system.

So that leads me to believe that the "device allocation" message meant that yes that some app you submitted was eligible for the offer but as mentioned in the CrackBerry forums, it wasn't the best idea not to send out confirmation emails or not to provide any support email.

Long story short, I'd say if you have another app, check and see if it goes through the system. If it does from my logic, it means that you have yet to qualify or they might still be processing one of your apps. If you're locked out of the system and it won't even let you submit a new app, you probably have already qualifed and they're locking it down so you don't submit 50 apps for that one Dev Alpha PIN. Makes sense when you think about it too, Dev Alpha qualifies, RIM confirms, they say "Okay that's enough you've qualifed and now we can check you off the list and keep moving through the other requests"

Anyways, keep this thread updated everyone with any other findings or interesting messages
    floydsaj likes this.
    12-27-12 06:38 PM
    Same over here. Tried submitting application with two more different apps and get the message:

A submission for the Limited Edition Trade-up program has already occurred for pin ********. For further inquiries on this issue, please contact us at [email protected].
    12-28-12 12:51 PM
    UPDATE:

I just received this email after emailing them about whether or not my app was approved:

Hello Zeshan,

I have confirmed that your registration is in the system. Further communications on whether you are qualified for the Limited Edition device will be sent within the next week.

Thanks,
    Melanie.

I guess we will find out next week whether our app has been approved or not? I emailed them at [email protected].
    01-02-13 09:17 AM
    Has anyone else sent an email to [email protected].
    or am I the only one?
    01-02-13 09:21 AM
    Has anyone else sent an email to [email protected].
    or am I the only one?
    Here's my email I got from them,

Hello,
    The wording of the message was recently changed to add more clarity, as there was some confusion around the original wording. The messages are indicating the same thing that the PIN entered has already been registered in our system for the trade up.
    As for whether a developer qualifies or not further communication on this will be sent out within the next week.
    I hope that helps.
    Thanks,
    Melanie
    Sith_Apprentice likes this.
    01-02-13 09:31 AM
    Guess we all find out next week then
    01-02-13 09:52 AM
    Site Map: Maintenance

Our website is currently undergoing a scheduled maintenance to upgrade our systems in order to better serve you.
    We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Thats all i get when logging in now. Start the conspiracy theories!
    01-03-13 11:30 AM
    False alarm, its working again lol
    01-03-13 11:34 AM
    Hey all,
    I submitted an app to AppWorld today. The submission process was normal. There was no mention of the Limited Edition device. Is that normal or should I have received something to say it qualifies for the device? Or maybe that comes once it's been approved?

Previously with the PlayBook, if memory serves, they let us know right away that it's on time and that we'll get the device once it's approved etc...

Thanks in advance.
    01-04-13 01:31 PM
    First of all you need a dev alpha. Then you need to have it approved in app world. Once approved fill the limited edition blackberry 10 form https://developer.blackberry.com/limitededition/

Thats it and just wait. They dont give out a confirmation email but apparently they will contact eligible apps next week for limited edition trade up.

Hey all,
    I submitted an app to AppWorld today. The submission process was normal. There was no mention of the Limited Edition device. Is that normal or should I have received something to say it qualifies for the device? Or maybe that comes once it's been approved?

Previously with the PlayBook, if memory serves, they let us know right away that it's on time and that we'll get the device once it's approved etc...

Thanks in advance.
    01-04-13 01:41 PM
    Great thanks. I do have the Dev Alpha.
    01-04-13 04:40 PM
    I submitted my app a couple of weeks ago and approval still hasn't gone through. Hopefully RIM'll start mass approving app's soon in anticipation for launch. Can't wait to see what these dev special editions look like!
    01-05-13 12:20 AM
    Well, RIM's got a lot of things to deal with right now. Dev's are important, but lots of other things to deal with too.....
    Last edited by Shao128; 01-05-13 at 05:05 PM.
    01-05-13 01:35 AM
    I submitted my app a couple of weeks ago and approval still hasn't gone through. Hopefully RIM'll start mass approving app's soon in anticipation for launch. Can't wait to see what these dev special editions look like!
    They're a little backlogged due to the large number of apps being submitted from the portathon as well as the holidays last week. Be patient and they'll review and approve your app in due time.

Research In Motion @BlackBerryDev
    @Andy4Life There has been a bit of a backlog due to the volume from portathons. Most of RIM was closed for the holidays as well. ^PB
    I'm just wondering how I can possibly check to make sure that my app was eligible for the Limited Edition BB10 trade in.
    01-05-13 01:25 PM
    I submitted an app as well, just a basic version currently, to get the feel of the SDK. I will be adding features and sending in an upgrade as soon as it is finished. It was submitted Wednesday night and no approval as of yet. I will let you know if there is any change, so we can at least have a feel of approval times. Perhaps others can do the same.
    01-07-13 06:19 AM
    I submitted an app as well, just a basic version currently, to get the feel of the SDK. I will be adding features and sending in an upgrade as soon as it is finished. It was submitted Wednesday night and no approval as of yet. I will let you know if there is any change, so we can at least have a feel of approval times. Perhaps others can do the same.
    When I submitted the BB10 version of White Noise in early December, it took 2 days and 3 hours for them to give the basic approval. I have not yet submitted it for the BFB certification though.
    01-07-13 07:25 AM
    When I submitted the BB10 version of White Noise in early December, it took 2 days and 3 hours for them to give the basic approval. I have not yet submitted it for the BFB certification though.
    That is very quick, faster than my BBOS apps have been approved in the past lol. BFB has a dedicated team, so it should be relatively quick.
    01-07-13 07:40 AM
    I just got my email telling me congratulations. My app qualified!
    01-07-13 10:22 AM
    I just got my email telling me congratulations. My app qualified!
    Same. Excited!
    01-07-13 10:29 AM
    same here filled in form, got confirmation of ltd edition order too

that btw is how you do belated xmas presents
    01-07-13 10:41 AM
112 1234 ...