Has anyone got theirs yet, or have any idea when we can expect to get one? Seriously excited and its like torture waiting for mine!
    12-18-12 01:25 AM
    I have not yet received mine, are you talking about the Dev C trade in? Or the trade in for the BB10 device?
    12-18-12 06:16 AM
    I was under the impression that those emails will go out around the time of the announcement or shortly after.
    12-18-12 06:19 AM
    There are people who are still waiting for their Dev Alpha to arrive...
    12-18-12 07:50 AM
    Yep, still no word if I qualify for a Dev Alpha C or the LEBB10DOD. The worst part of it all, is RIM isn't even thoughtfull enough to give you a confirmation email once you've registered. I'd appreciate knowing for sure that they got my info. Instead of just hitting the submit button and hoping everything worked out like it should have. I'm not very happy with how RIM is handling either one of these offers so far.
    12-18-12 08:37 AM
    I think you can check by submitting an application again. It should tell you they've already received your info.

The deadline for applying for a Dev Alpha C is early February. Since it's based on a point system, I doubt anyone would get a Dev Alpha C before then.
    12-18-12 09:28 AM
    I also haven't received a confirmation email yet...and today i tried to re-submit my application for the TradeUp.

Interesting response, see link for screenshot : imgur: the simple image sharer

Does that mean my App qualified?!
    Attached Thumbnails Dev Alpha Trade-in email-bb10.jpg  
    12-19-12 04:19 AM
    I also haven't received a confirmation email yet...and today i tried to re-submit my application for the TradeUp.

All I can say is, "Interesting!"
    12-19-12 06:12 AM

Mine shows the same exact thing! I hope it means we qualify and they have a LEBB10DOD sitting back for us right now.
    12-19-12 11:54 AM
    Mine Says The Same. Soo Excited. Cant Wait Till Feb

12-19-12 11:59 AM

I had tweet to @BlackBerryDev about it already and this is their reply.
    @BlackBerryDev: @brandondely I don't think allocated proves qualification... ^RW

Hoping that it does mean that.
    jerryeight likes this.
    12-19-12 01:09 PM
    I had tweet to @BlackBerryDev about it already and this is their reply.
    @BlackBerryDev: @brandondely I don't think allocated proves qualification... ^RW

Hoping that it does mean that.
    I seen your Tweets. I sure hope it means we qualify considering that we are no longer able to submit more apps for the offer. I have apps saved back in case my first submission doesn't qualify. I went a head and tried submitting another app, and that's when I got that message. In the rules, it said we could submit multiple apps for consideration. How can that be the case if our PINs get allocated to a device even if our apps don't qualify?
    12-19-12 02:00 PM
    when you all get these notifications. is that for an app you`ve already submitted? as im imagining thats what its flagging up, as you can submit more than one app for the offer (but obv just get one device).
    12-19-12 05:01 PM
    Yes that is for a previously submitted app.

I've submitted one app for this offer. I have several approved and in BlackBerry World for BlackBerry 10, but I only turned one in for the trade up offer. If I try to submit any of my other apps, using the same information I used the first time it no worky because they have LEBB10DOD allocated for my Dev Alpha pin. So while they say you can keep submitting apps, I sure can't.

That's why I'm saying I hope my first app qualified, because if not I don't see how to submit my other ones currently.
    12-19-12 05:25 PM
    I wouldn't worry too much about having multiple apps in the offer. The terms are basically the same as the free PlayBook offer where they gave devices for everything but the worst apps. Dice rollers, fortune cookie apps, etc all qualified for free devices.
    12-20-12 04:42 AM
    According to reports, 7500 dev alphas have been seeded (or will have been seeded). Does RIM have so much free time to go through every app again for each of these 7000+ dev alphas? They still have 5000+ apps to approve before launch.

My guess is if your app is not the same as the PlayBook release (if one exists) and it's approved for the All Touch Device, it probably won't get another second look. I hope I'm not wrong on this.
    12-20-12 06:24 AM
    Also if we read through the Agreement, it says 12 000 Limited Edition BlackBerry 10 devices will be made as well. I believe Alec Saunders also mentioned this as well at BlackBerry World 2012. 12 000, that's quite a number. I know 5000 Dev Alphas have been given out. As well as another 7500 Dev Alpha B devices? Err... Or is it the other way around? Anyways, I think that means RIM is giving away a total of 12500 Dev Alpha Devices. Now the Dev Alpha C is for those who already have a Dev Alpha or Dev Alpha B if I'm not mistaken so they already have one and if RIM say seeds 500 for instance, it could mean they have a ratio of 1 Dev device to 1 Limited Edition device but it would be on the Developer to get their application submitted by January 21st.
    12-23-12 01:48 AM
    Got the same message when I tried to fill in the form again with another one of my app info. Either it means we got a BB10 waiting for us, or it is a way for the system to make sure multiple entries aren't registered to same pin.

Anyway... I think giving devs who already have dev Alphas a limited editon BB10 is pretty much a no brainer. Reasons (like a David Letterman Top 10 list):

10. if they are going to ask for our dev alphas back at some point, it only makes sense to give us replacement hardware to test on

9. devs who have submitted apps have demonstrated they are serious and have contributed real stuff and not just empty promises, so they are likely to use their new limited edition to the max to develop more apps

8. this is an incentive to any remaining devs with dev alpha devices to get their **** in gear and submit an app already

7. the number of dev alpha's is known and RIM knows the pool available and cost for the exchange is minimal compared to the benefit to them (excitement, reward to early devs, future goodwill and further app encouragement)

6. having final hardware to test apps on would allow devs to see real world user experience and optimize for the newer hardware on their apps which dev alpha isn't really best suited for

5. maybe the returned dev alphas will be "recycled" into hands of other devs around the world who weren't seeded as part of initial groups

4. Developers will be some of the strongest "ambassadors" or "evangelists" in a sense when they show off their new BB10 to colleagues, friends and family, helping to promote it even more (I would be the first one to be flaunting my Blackberry to everyone I know)

3. The dev alphas probably have a limitation in the hardware such as battery capacity which will cause them to stop taking a charge at some point, and since can't remove the battery will make them all bricks which is not a good thing to developers... My dev alpha A is already having issues (see my post on "red battery exclamation mark")

2. giving devs a final phone that will work fully on a carrier of choice (not sure if dev alpha will work as a fully-functional phone even with a SIM installed and updated OS) will allow us to make it our primary cell device which can be used all the time and therefore may get other app ideas in the process, find bugs, and so on... more full-time use by devs who are building for it is a good thing

1. because the new RIM keeps it's promises and has shown developers a lot of love with jams, port-a-thons, dev rewards, offers and so on... the web site proves they are giving out limited edition BB10... the question is when and to whom but I believe all you needed was a BB10 app submission and to have an existing dev alpha, nothing more (unlike the built for blackberry $10k program). There is NO reason why RIM, after being very generous to devs up to now, would suddenly feel the need to get uptight with the limited edition trade-up

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Crackberry Tapatalk Forum app
    12-23-12 11:49 PM
    ok, so iv been in contact with some people ar RIM. from what i gather, you can submit as many as you want, but when one you submit has been approved then it comes up with the message we`ve all been seeing on the 2nd app submission.

so basically from what i can get, if your seeing that message you`ve been approved and all is golden
    jerryeight likes this.
    12-24-12 11:03 AM
    ok, so iv been in contact with some people ar RIM. from what i gather, you can submit as many as you want, but when one you submit has been approved then it comes up with the message we`ve all been seeing on the 2nd app submission.

so basically from what i can get, if your seeing that message you`ve been approved and all is golden
    So basically let's see if I get what you mean. Lets say we all submit 5 apps, Hypothetical scenario and they are all approved for BlackBerry App World. Then if we decide to go back and say "Hmm, Let me resubmit because I haven't gotten any email or to make sure etc." Then when we go to resubmit any of the 5 approved apps and we get that same "BlackBerry 10 Limited Device has been reserved for this PIN:--------" This actually means that an app was qualified for the Trade up and RIM has put aside a device for the Dev Alpha PIN we registered and we are guaranteed the Limited Edition Device?

Just making sure we're all on the same page here
    12-24-12 11:46 AM
    I don't like how RIM handles these things. If they took the time to check on our registration information and see if we qualify why not take an additional 10 seconds to send us a carbon copied email that let's us know we qualified?

But of course they never even sent us a email to let us know they got our registration. So I guess its foolish to expect them to email us after approval. I understand that we won't be getting the device until after they are commercially available in our country. But I would still like to know for certain that I've done what is required and that I have nothing to worry about. I don't get why there is such a lack of communication from them.
    goku_vegeta likes this.
    12-24-12 01:50 PM
    I don't like how RIM handles these things. If they took the time to check on our registration information and see if we qualify why not take an additional 10 seconds to send us a carbon copied email that let's us know we qualified?

But of course they never even sent us a email to let us know they got our registration. So I guess its foolish to expect them to email us after approval. I understand that we won't be getting the device until after they are commercially available in our country. But I would still like to know for certain that I've done what is required and that I have nothing to worry about. I don't get why there is such a lack of communication from them.
    Couldn't agree more
    12-24-12 02:20 PM
    So basically let's see if I get what you mean. Lets say we all submit 5 apps, Hypothetical scenario and they are all approved for BlackBerry App World. Then if we decide to go back and say "Hmm, Let me resubmit because I haven't gotten any email or to make sure etc." Then when we go to resubmit any of the 5 approved apps and we get that same "BlackBerry 10 Limited Device has been reserved for this PIN:--------" This actually means that an app was qualified for the Trade up and RIM has put aside a device for the Dev Alpha PIN we registered and we are guaranteed the Limited Edition Device?

pretty much yes thats how i understood what i was told
    jerryeight likes this.
    12-24-12 02:28 PM
    Has anyone checked theirs with another app they have approved in app world. When I try to submit a new app I get the following message: A submission for the Limited Edition Trade-up program has already occurred for pin ********. For further inquiries on this issue, please contact us at [email protected].

However when I try and resubmit my old app which I did originally I get the following message:
    A submission for the Limited Edition Trade-up program has already occurred for pin ********. For further inquiries on this issue, please contact us at [email protected].

But when I did try submitting it for the same app on the 19th december I got the message:
    A limited edition device has already been allocated for the device with PIN: ********

So im confused? does that mean I dont get the limited edition or theyve change they mind?

12-24-12 03:26 PM
    Here's proof of message:
    Dev Alpha Trade-in email-screen-shot-2012-12-24-21.26.37-copy.png
    12-24-12 03:28 PM
112 123 ...