I guess my form entry was received before the system problem, because I received a shipping label and confirmation label and no other emails like the one above.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Crackberry Tapatalk Forum app
    01-07-13 04:03 PM
    I guess my form entry was received before the system problem, because I received a shipping label and confirmation label and no other emails like the one above.

yea same happening with me I hope we are in the clear
    01-07-13 04:40 PM
    Why do you mean UPS Drop-off? Im in UK so im not sure what it means. Was there an address to send it to or is a different option available in other countries. Sorry if it sounds like a stupid question lol
    Im in the UK too, i had to redo my order as others have said, went for the pickup option, looks like they are sending them to somewhere in blackburn lol
    01-07-13 05:09 PM
    Got my shipping label here after resubmitting the information.
    It's too bad there wasn't an option for "drop off unit at RIM".
    I live in Waterloo and the shipping address is about 5 min from my house.
    Sith_Apprentice likes this.
    01-07-13 05:29 PM
    I got two shipping label emails with different shipping labels And I guess I also short shifted myself by arranging for 1-th of Jan pick up date when we'll get the LE after the 30th..
    01-07-13 05:38 PM
    Thats weird. I submitted the form with my information, my appid and my PIN to https://developer.blackberry.com/limitededition/ about 3 weeks ago right after I ported my app onto BB10.
    Today since I didn't get the Trade-in email like everyone else, I went to the page to try it again and it went through....as if I didn't fill in the form last time.

I tried it a second time to make sure and on the second try it said "This app has already been submitted for the device with PIN".

So I'm wondering if it is because they had some errors on their end, or maybe my app was not approved when they reviewed it for BB10 and thus just removed me from the system.

Either way, just letting anyone else know that if you haven't gotten an email, maybe go and try to submit your information at https://developer.blackberry.com/limitededition/
    01-07-13 06:46 PM
    I got the email today. so excited. but, my app isn't approved yet, thinking I will hold on a few days until it is approved, in case I need to do any testing. thoughts?
    01-07-13 08:43 PM
    You guys need to relax about app approval because almost the entire staff of RIM was on holiday. They have huge a backlog to go through and thus it will take time for them to process and get back to you. KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

Source: BlackberryDev on Twitter (official RIM dev support)
    01-07-13 08:48 PM
    Yeah its worth noting that not everyone who qualified will get their email today. Some apps are still going through BlackBerry app world approval but according to a post Alex Kinsella made, you can still sumbit an app for the trade up even if its pending approval
    Yeah, I submitted my trade up request right after I submitted my app. I submitted my app on December 22, 2012...hopefully they'll get to it soon.
    01-08-13 02:02 AM
    I might have missed it but I have an app pending approval, how do I get the app id to submit for trade up, or do I just wait for it to be approved?
    01-08-13 04:19 AM
    you will have to go to your vendor account page> then the manage my apps page> then on that page click on the pencil like icon next to the name of your app> then on the next page you will see your app id

i hope this helped

You do not need to wait for it to be approved just submit the app for the trade up and they will give you approval when your app is tested and approved
    cheers
    01-08-13 04:24 AM
    You need to go to your blackberry app vendor account. Then sign in and click manage products. Then choose your application and click the pencil icon on the right hand side. Then scroll down and the first heading will be id with a number next to it. That is the app id it is above the product name. hope that helps
    01-08-13 04:26 AM
    you will have to go to your vendor account page> then the manage my apps page> then on that page click on the pencil like icon next to the name of your app> then on the next page you will see your app id

i hope this helped

You do not need to wait for it to be approved just submit the app for the trade up and they will give you approval when your app is tested and approved
    cheers
    You need to go to your blackberry app vendor account. Then sign in and click manage products. Then choose your application and click the pencil icon on the right hand side. Then scroll down and the first heading will be id with a number next to it. That is the app id it is above the product name. hope that helps
    Thank you very much. I didnt realize that was there for pending apps too!
    01-08-13 06:59 AM
    anyone know if we have to ship the charger with it? and we do have to reset the device correct?
    01-08-13 10:56 AM
    anyone know if we have to ship the charger with it? and we do have to reset the device correct?
    I've been wondering the same thing. I emailed and asked them. I haven't got an answer back yet. At first I was going to send it all back, but I've came to the conclusion that the way I see it, if they had wanted the chargers back, they would have told us they wanted them back. They only said to send back the Dev Alpha, so that's all I'm going to send back.

PlayBook chargers are one of the greatest technological achievements of this decade, and the more I have around my house and office the better.

EDIT

I just got a response to my email. They only want the device itself.
    Last edited by Saiga; 01-08-13 at 11:33 AM.
    kgill7 likes this.
    01-08-13 11:18 AM
    I've been wondering the same thing. I emailed and asked them. I haven't got an answer back yet. At first I was going to send it all back, but I've came to the conclusion that the way I see it, if they had wanted the chargers back, they would have told us they wanted them back. They only said to send back the Dev Alpha, so that's all I'm going to send back.

PlayBook chargers are one of the greatest technological achievements of this decade, and the more I have around my house and office the better.

EDIT

I just got a response to my email. They only want the device itself.
    thanks
    01-08-13 12:30 PM
    My dev alpha got collected by UPS a few hours ago. I just sent the device in tons of bubblewrap. Im just hoping we will get the device in February. I also have a playbook coming from the portathons so its like christmas all over again.

Thanks Blackberry
    01-08-13 12:50 PM
    Q: How much you're paying to ship/return Dev Alpha to RIM ? Or it's covered by RIM ?
    01-08-13 01:20 PM
    Q: How much you're paying to ship/return Dev Alpha to RIM ? Or it's covered by RIM ?
    covered by RIM, they send a shipping label to your email.
    borceg likes this.
    01-08-13 01:33 PM
    Wow, I almost messed up the registration -_-

Clicked on their link, filled in the shipping info and clicked submit. A message popped up and asked if I wanted to send the shipping stuff to another email, to type it in the box and click submit. Since they had a correct email, I quickly went to check my email and got nothing....Went back to the page and skeptically clicked on submit with the textbox blank (I hoped they wouldn't send the email to no one instead of my correct email) and got more questions about UPS drop ship or pick up.
    I selected drop off and finally got the email with the shipping labels.

Boy, that was so simple, yet confusing. lol
    01-08-13 02:55 PM
    Launch Codes for BlackBerry 10 is approved for the trade in. So excited cant wait to see what this BB10 is going to look like.
    01-08-13 03:37 PM
    Bit worried now that I read the rules carefully and said I have to return the Dev Alpha A by Jan 21...also disappointed that that the devices won't be available until 6-8 weeks post-launch....

Edit: Just read forum entry and it says the App needs to be in App World by Jan 21 (I don't think that's what the rules say though)...
    01-08-13 09:01 PM
    Bit worried now that I read the rules carefully and said I have to return the Dev Alpha A by Jan 21...also disappointed that that the devices won't be available until 6-8 weeks post-launch....

Edit: Just read forum entry and it says the App needs to be in App World by Jan 21 (I don't think that's what the rules say though)...
    Jan 21 is about the app submission date. The phone return doesn't have a deadline, though I'd assume they'll give a deadline in a few weeks once they actually start shipping them.
    01-08-13 09:29 PM
    I am sending mine in today. Thanks RIM for the wonderful Dev Alpha memories!

Looking forward to getting my hands on the new phone so I can continue development and testing on hardware again. The Dev Alpha was definitely a life-saver and helped figure out a lot of glitches that never could be tested on VMWare or Ripple.

01-10-13 08:17 AM
    Did you guys send anything else along with the Dev Alpha? Any confirmation sheet? Or identification information?

Or is it just shipping label on the outside of a brown box with just the dev alpha in it.
    01-16-13 07:23 PM
112 ... 2345