Got Mine!
    Cant wait !
    02-28-13 12:21 PM
    Ya, I got mine this morning as well...and this actually scares me! I made an awesome app but i did not qualify for B4BB10...So they must be really hurting for developers if I'm one of the qualified 1500

I had the same feeling sorda. I never thought for a moment I would have enough points to qualify. I simply didn't think it was possible. The fact that I am one of the top 1500 BB10 developers is sorda scary. Lol
    02-28-13 12:23 PM
    Just got mine. Didn't think I had enough points to qualify.

Posted via CB10
    Same here... I totally wasn't expecting to make the list... but got my email this morning too!
    02-28-13 12:34 PM
    Same here... I totally wasn't expecting to make the list... but got my email this morning too!
    Me too.. ported one app, and applied for fun. Definitely got me more enagaged for the cause at least.
    02-28-13 01:00 PM
    Got mine, just wondering if the Z10 LE or DevAlpha C will ship first.
    02-28-13 01:14 PM
    Anyone know if we can exchange these for a limited edition device??
    02-28-13 01:25 PM
    Anyone know if we can exchange these for a limited edition device??
    Nothing announced yet. But I doubt we will be able to. That seems like it was more of a promo for the launch of BB10.
    02-28-13 01:26 PM
    Congratulations, developers !! It has been a hard work, but we got it
    02-28-13 03:16 PM
    I got my code, entered the info (green checkmark) and also agreed to rules/conditions (green checkmark), but when I pressed SUBMIT the form showed a red area at the top and said "Oops" problem or something and to contact the email. So I tried it again, and again, after about the 3rd time entering the same info.... It accepted it, and just changed to a new home page for developers but never had any confirmation message or confirmation email.

Anyone else notice that?

I wonder if I don't get an email in the next 2 days (with shipping info) that I should try to submit it again.
    jerryeight likes this.
    02-28-13 03:21 PM
    I also did not get a confirmation email for redeeming the code but I also did not get one when I submitted info for the LEBB10 but I was still contacted soon for trade up
    02-28-13 03:49 PM
    I got my code, entered the info (green checkmark) and also agreed to rules/conditions (green checkmark), but when I pressed SUBMIT the form showed a red area at the top and said "Oops" problem or something and to contact the email. So I tried it again, and again, after about the 3rd time entering the same info.... It accepted it, and just changed to a new home page for developers but never had any confirmation message or confirmation email.

Anyone else notice that?

I wonder if I don't get an email in the next 2 days (with shipping info) that I should try to submit it again.
    You probably should have contacted the email address, but I'm sure you can still get your device since it is tied to the BBID you applied with.

And I got mine too. No problems going through the site.

As far as expecting to be selected, I'm in the same boat as all the other surprised devs. I almost didn't bother applying. In retrospect though, if you look at the numbers of DA A&Bs, the number of LEs I think there is more to this program than meets the eye. I have no hard facts to base any of this on, but it may make sense. I don't think any of the big software houses or game developers had to apply for DA C hardware. In the old days there were programs that allowed large companies and strategic partners to get early access to new hardware. I would be surprised if they didn't bring those ideas over to the BB10 world as well. DA A&Bs were seeded in very large numbers, and perhaps in larger numbers than the dev comunity warranted. But that would have allowed BlackBerry to identify high value developers and ensure they had what they needed to get marque apps out for launch of the Z10 and the Q10. But I also think they realize the value of seeding hardware among the smaller developers. Venture capital if you will. So I don't think I'm one of the worlds top 1500 BlackBerry developers. But being in the top 1500 small, independent or boutique BlackBerry devs still rocks!
    Saiga likes this.
    02-28-13 03:56 PM
    Nothing announced yet. But I doubt we will be able to. That seems like it was more of a promo for the launch of BB10.
    I hope they do come up with the Q's limited edition! White Leather or something unexpected like that!
    02-28-13 06:52 PM
    I hope they do come up with the Q's limited edition! White Leather or something unexpected like that!
    I don't think you're getting anything when eventually sending the Dev Alpha C back. At least there's not been any mention of that.
    02-28-13 06:55 PM
    I don't think you're getting anything when eventually sending the Dev Alpha C back. At least there's not been any mention of that.
    I don't think they need to give us a Q10 limited edition, and I also do not think that the Dev C's need to be sent back. The point of these devices are to test out apps and as long as they continue to function so, there is no need for a trade in. The Z10 limited edition trade in allows developers to continue to develop and update their apps, which may not be that possible with the Dev Alpha A since it does not have the same specs as the Z10 and, I am guessing, may not function as well in future OS updates. I also assume that the Dev C's are going to have the same internal hardware as the Q10.
    02-28-13 07:17 PM
    does anyone know when the Dev C will be sent out ? Would it be immediately after they have our shipping info ?
    02-28-13 07:32 PM
    Maybe someone can help me out here. When I try to claim the dev C device, after hitting the "submit" button, I get the

Opps..An error occured while trying to process your data. Please contact [email protected] for support.
    I've emailed them this morning and have not yet received a response. Does anyone else have this issue? I've tried to claim the device at multiple times throughout the day today but same error message.
    02-28-13 08:17 PM
    I got mail too, anxious to know which come first! LE or DevAlpha C

Posted via CB10
    02-28-13 08:26 PM
    Yes, I got the "Opps" message too.... (I think they misspelled Oops).

Anyways, I think I figured out the problem. I have ended up with multiple Blackberry ID's... and 2 of them have made it over to JamZone so I also have a few JamZone accounts.

I have BB ID's for my regular phone, one that I use on my originally bought Playbook, one that I use on my second Playbook that I won from my Webworks app submission, one that I use on Playbook that I won from Marmalade SDK promo app submission, and one that I created for Dev Alpha A.

I had to make all these ID's because otherwise the devices would interfere with each other (from what I was understanding).

So even though I got the email to my gmail account, I tried using my gmail email address BB ID and got the error... But that was not the same one I used when I must have signed in for the Dev Alpha program. I tried to login again using my Dev Alpha BB ID that I had used for JamZone and it didn't complain.

Still no confirmation message, but went through first time without "Opps" error.

So I think your redemption code is linked somehow to your specific BB ID account, so even the ones that are posted in this forum can't be used by anyone else. If they try to login using their JamZone info and then use your redemption code it shouldn't work.

Anyways, that is my interpretation of the situation. BTW - I still emailed the JamZone support email just in case.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Crackberry Tapatalk Forum app
    02-28-13 09:20 PM
    Updating Jam-Profile resolves "Opps error"
    03-01-13 03:54 AM
    Got mine too!
    I wonder if they will ship before the LE Devices.
    Also wondering what kind of build the OS will be. Fingers crossed it is a FULL version of 10.1
    The dev c simulator is running a beta of 10.1 I believe, so it's reasonable to think that the actual device will come with a similar build.
    03-01-13 08:27 AM
    I just got the second email about the Dev alpha C. They have you click on a link and fill out your shipping info. You submit it and then they tell you that the device will ship in 6 to 8 weeks. And you get a email for you to confirm your shipping info.

Piece of cake. I have mine all done now. All there is left to do is wait for a email with tracking numbers once it has shipped. The same step I'm on with the LE.
    03-01-13 09:36 AM
    6-8 weeks?! I guess that's a good indication of when Q10 will be released (ie. not soon).

Posted via CB10
    03-01-13 10:27 AM
    *ooops* didn't get any notification ... well, I was late in the party ... kind of ... let's wait quietly.
    03-01-13 11:43 AM
    Hey folks,

I just tried it again with my original Gmail address and it worked!!! I got the "Thank You" page with a photo of the Dev Alpha C.

So my previous email theory about using my other JamZone accounts and not sure which worked because I was getting the "Opps" error must have been completely wrong.

I am guessing it was a problem on Blackberry's end all along and they fixed the form!

Wow! So excited, that device looks awesome! 720 x 720 I presume? Can't wait to port my apps to the new resolution.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Crackberry Tapatalk Forum app
    03-01-13 12:45 PM
    6 to 8 weeks. that's a bummer.

Wasn't the whole point of handing out the dev c is so that we can build before the q10 launches?
    03-01-13 01:53 PM
104 1234 ...