Been giving some thought as to developing apps. Its all new to me, but know a couple people who have. I'm always seeing things encouraging people to develop, and am giving it serious thought.
    12-08-12 01:55 PM
    I would use it for 2 things:

1. Get people to buy a Blackberry
    With my old 8900 I got 4 of my friends to change the side to BlackBerry. Later, with my 9800, 6 more fell in love with blackberry and became really addicted. Yesterday a girl played with my torch and asked me if she could buy it immediately. She is getting it when I have my new BB10 Phone. The main devices here are Iphone and nearly everybody ist using it, because they think it is the best of the best. But if I ask them why it is *so cool* they don�t know what to say. I�m sure with a Dev Alpha I can move many people to throw away their Iphones and Droids!

2. I�m planning to develop an app that let students manage their university life, classes, news, homeworks, etc. A real Test Device would be much nicer then the simulator
    12-09-12 08:05 PM
    Thanks for all the messages! First of all, in my last post I said that I consulted BlackBerry about the transfer of ownership. It is possible, but they made me wait for that answer till last friday. I've been considering all options that have been posted and I've also looked for a way to develop my own app before the deadline. I've made some big steps with my thesis in the last weeks and a friend of mine is willing to help me out getting some stuff from the ground for the development for the app, so I can finish it when I'm done with my work. So I'm keeping the device for myself, because I've found a way to develop my own app before the deadline.

On a side note, perhaps some of you find this thread misleading following the conclusion, but I posted it with the right intensions when I started this thread. In the end things worked out for me, if not, I'd probably would have given it to one of you.

Sorry for any inconvenience.
    12-10-12 09:11 AM
    Definitely the right choice.
    H4zN likes this.
    12-10-12 10:27 AM
    I'm glad you're able to complete your thesis and app.
    H4zN likes this.
    12-10-12 01:25 PM
    Thanks for all the messages! First of all, in my last post I said that I consulted BlackBerry about the transfer of ownership. It is possible, but they made me wait for that answer till last friday. I've been considering all options that have been posted and I've also looked for a way to develop my own app before the deadline. I've made some big steps with my thesis in the last weeks and a friend of mine is willing to help me out getting some stuff from the ground for the development for the app, so I can finish it when I'm done with my work. So I'm keeping the device for myself, because I've found a way to develop my own app before the deadline.

On a side note, perhaps some of you find this thread misleading following the conclusion, but I posted it with the right intensions when I started this thread. In the end things worked out for me, if not, I'd probably would have given it to one of you.

Sorry for any inconvenience.
    If I were you, I would keep the Dev Alpha, because when BB10 arrives you can 'trade/swap' it for a BB10 device! Free

In which language are you building your App?
    Cascades? C++ ? Webworks?

If you need any help with webworks, you can always PM me

On a side-note; you got your Dev Alpha in Amsterdam, are you Dutch too?
    12-11-12 02:48 PM
    Glad it worked out.
    12-17-12 09:30 AM
    I'm happy to announce that I submitted my app on the 28th of December, got it approved on the 8th of January, registered for the trade program on the 8th and received the confirmation on the 9th. I love RIM! I eventually developed an app that was based on existing code provided by the BB community rather than developing from scratch. I'm glad it all worked out in the end!
    01-09-13 11:37 AM
    I'm happy to announce that I submitted my app on the 28th of December, got it approved on the 8th of January, registered for the trade program on the 8th and received the confirmation on the 9th. I love RIM! I eventually developed an app that was based on existing code provided by the BB community rather than developing from scratch. I'm glad it all worked out in the end!
    Congrats man! What app did you make?
    01-09-13 11:42 AM
    Congrats man! What app did you make?
    https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...09779/?lang=en
    01-09-13 07:24 PM
    You can switch device owners for a Dev Alpha (I've done it).

You have to sign some paperwork but thats about it.
    01-10-13 12:06 PM
    You can switch device owners for a Dev Alpha (I've done it).

You have to sign some paperwork but thats about it.
    I know, but plans have changed.
    01-10-13 12:44 PM
    I know, but plans have changed.
    Congratulations! I've got a couple of apps I'm working on... still hoping to have at least one submission in before deadline
    01-10-13 12:49 PM
    Congratulations! I've got a couple of apps I'm working on... still hoping to have at least one submission in before deadline
    Well, it's relatively simple to build an app based on existing code. I literally changed less than 10 lines of codes and made some visual changes here to an example app provided by RIM and it got approved right away. So if you're opting for a limited edition and you're afraid you won't make it for the deadline, reconsider the app you're submitting to get approved for the Limited Edition program.
    01-11-13 07:25 AM
39 12