So I wonder if they have begun starting to block pins or whatever they mentioned they were going to do to disable the dev alphas. I am running version Z10STL100-1/10.0.9.2372 which is the legit OS given to the phone (a bit older, but still, thinks it's a Z10) yet I can no longer download apps from BlackBerry World, even my app which I made sure was selected for Dev alphas to be able to download. Am I alone encountering a weird bug, or did they do something?

It looks like this for me for all free apps, the download button is no longer there. Same for anyone else with a Dev Alpha?

I started noticing something weird when it didn't let me update the CB10 app, and now noticing this.

Can't Download From BlackBerry World on Dev Alpha B Anymore?-img_00000624.png

Posted via CB10
    03-12-13 04:10 AM
    Have you tried a hard reset, just out of curiosity. You may also want to try to do a backup and wipe/restore with an autoloader that is floating around.
    03-12-13 06:09 AM
    So I wonder if they have begun starting to block pins or whatever they mentioned they were going to do to disable the dev alphas. I am running version Z10STL100-1/10.0.9.2372 which is the legit OS given to the phone (a bit older, but still, thinks it's a Z10) yet I can no longer download apps from BlackBerry World, even my app which I made sure was selected for Dev alphas to be able to download. Am I alone encountering a weird bug, or did they do something?

It looks like this for me for all free apps, the download button is no longer there. Same for anyone else with a Dev Alpha?

I started noticing something weird when it didn't let me update the CB10 app, and now noticing this.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000624.png 
Views:	107 
Size:	196.7 KB 
ID:	140653

Posted via CB10

I couldn't find your app, but I just deleted one of my own from my DA-A and re-installed it from BB World. I'm running the leaked OS 10.0.10.261. Do you have an activated SIM in the device? They may have implemented country and carrier detection.

Give my app a try if you want, all my apps are free.
    Can't Download From BlackBerry World on Dev Alpha B Anymore?-e6b_qr.png
    Sith_Apprentice likes this.
    03-12-13 06:41 AM
    I couldn't find your app, but I just deleted one of my own from my DA-A and re-installed it from BB World. I'm running the leaked OS 10.0.10.261. Do you have an activated SIM in the device? They may have implemented country and carrier detection.

Give my app a try if you want, all my apps are free.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E6B_QR.png 
Views:	101 
Size:	822 Bytes 
ID:	140668
    Hmm.. Interesting... Must just be a weird bug. Sucks. It happens to all apps, guess I'll just gave to try a backup n reinstall the OS. Thanks for checking for me!

Posted via CB10
    03-12-13 09:01 AM
    Didn't notice before you had links to your app in your sig. Just downloaded it from BB World, seems to work fine. I know there are lots of apps that aren't available for the DAs so it is nice to have a few of us still putting them up.

Nice app btw, very responsive.
    03-12-13 11:16 AM
    Updated to the new leaked OS anyways n works great now, nvm!

Posted via CB10
    03-12-13 12:55 PM
    Didn't notice before you had links to your app in your sig. Just downloaded it from BB World, seems to work fine. I know there are lots of apps that aren't available for the DAs so it is nice to have a few of us still putting them up.

Nice app btw, very responsive.
    Hey, thank you very much sadly I have an update that adds a lot, like an App Cover when minimized and a bunch of new feeds and such.. They are just taking forever to push it through, probably pretty busy, but oh well!

PS. I'm gonna check out your apps in a bit, just studying for an exam right now!

Posted via CB10
    03-12-13 12:57 PM
    Hey, thank you very much sadly I have an update that adds a lot, like an App Cover when minimized and a bunch of new feeds and such.. They are just taking forever to push it through, probably pretty busy, but oh well!

PS. I'm gonna check out your apps in a bit, just studying for an exam right now!

Posted via CB10
    I hear you. No rush mine aren't going to change much for a while. I've got updates I'm working on but I'm not going to push them until I've run them extensively on real hardware. News has broken that the LE Z10s are dropping so its time to pack up the DA and say good bye.
    03-12-13 01:41 PM
    I hear you. No rush mine aren't going to change much for a while. I've got updates I'm working on but I'm not going to push them until I've run them extensively on real hardware. News has broken that the LE Z10s are dropping so its time to pack up the DA and say good bye.
    Hahaha yep, I'm gonna just hold off for a bit.. Sadly I'm on Verizon so LE device wont work on the network, so I'm just gonna cherish it once I get it, but I cant use it. So I'm gonna wait off until I get the Z10 from Verizon to send in my Alpha. It's close enough at this point and idk how long I could go without BB10 after having it for so long :P
    03-12-13 05:41 PM