It would be nice if those who received theirs would say where they returned their Dev Alpha to and when then returned it.
    03-13-13 04:50 PM
    Blackberry said this about UK LE

Hello Benjamin,

We are hoping to start shipping in your area in the next 2 weeks.

Thanks,
    Melanie
    That Melanie person must be from BB jamzonesupport, I also had contact with her about some stuff I ordered. The people who are handling the distribution are from Brand Alliance. They even send the Z10 package in their own branded box (saw in a unboxing video). I think they can tell more about when the devices are being delivered in the UK region.
    03-13-13 04:54 PM
    That Melanie person must be from BB jamzonesupport, I also had contact with her about some stuff I ordered. The people who are handling the distribution are from Brand Alliance. They even send the Z10 package in their own branded box (saw in a unboxing video). I think they can tell more about when the devices are being delivered in the UK region.

Have you contacted them about when they are shipping?
    03-13-13 05:00 PM
    Here is a website with a bunch of photos of it. Limited Edition BlackBerry Z10: Unboxing, hands-on and initial impressions - GadgetNerdly

I have to say, something about this phone makes it look strange in pictures. The color always seems a little off in the pictures I've seen of it. But, in person, it looks really beautiful. It is definitely one those things that looks better in person than in photographs.
    Wish they sold this. But then it wouldn't be "limited edition"
    Saiga likes this.
    03-13-13 05:02 PM
    Have you contacted them about when they are shipping?
    Nope, but I will tonight so I can make sure someone's home to receive it. Will report back as soon as I get a reply.
    03-13-13 05:52 PM

Limited Edition # 892
    03-13-13 07:23 PM
    It would be nice if those who received theirs would say where they returned their Dev Alpha to and when then returned it.
    Returned mine in January, second day they started accepting returns, got my LE yesterday, LE Special Serial Number, 1976, coincidentally my dads birth year.
    03-13-13 07:42 PM
    @Alicia Elrich & Goku_Vegeta >> You guys are located in North-America?
    jerryeight likes this.
    03-13-13 07:58 PM
    Nope, but I will tonight so I can make sure someone's home to receive it. Will report back as soon as I get a reply.
    E-mail is sent guys! Hope to have a reply in the morning =D
    bensmithbortey likes this.
    03-13-13 07:58 PM
    I'm in the USA.
    03-13-13 08:04 PM
    Is it unlocked? I'm expecting to receive one too.
    03-13-13 08:51 PM
    I'm in Canada

Posted via CB10
    03-13-13 09:27 PM
    Is it unlocked? I'm expecting to receive one too.
    Yep factory unlocked

Posted via CB10
    03-13-13 09:29 PM
    I'm in the USA.
    hey are you in the west coast cause i am too and if you got it today then who knows maybe mine will come tmrw
    03-13-13 10:28 PM
    It might be factory unlocked, but it doesn't work like you'd hope. A lot of z10 owners are completely unable to edit the apn settings. I can take my straight talk sim from my Nexus 4 slap it in any unlocked, GSM android device I own, change apn settings and it works.

The same sim in a unlocked z10 gives me calling and sms. That's it. No data no mms. If I go to apn settings it asks for a carrier provided username qnd password. So in other words, it might as well be carrier locked.

From what I've read, the phone has the APN settings coded on it. So if you put a Sim card in it, the APN settings for that carrier get applied. Unfortunately, they only put the settings in there for the carriers that are actually selling the phone. So it really sucks for anyone that likes cheap prepaid service that piggy backs off larger carriers.

My Sim turns the unlocked Z10 into a At&t device with the APN settings for that carrier, my Sim uses At&t's network, but has completely different APN settings. A truly unlocked phone (heck even a lot of locked phones) will let you change those settings to anything you want.
    Last edited by Saiga; 03-13-13 at 11:02 PM.
    H4zN likes this.
    03-13-13 10:33 PM
    It might be factory unlocked, but it doesn't work like you'd hope. A lot of z10 owners are completely unable to edit the apn settings. I can take my straight talk sim from my Nexus 4 slap it in any unlocked, GSM android device I own, change apn settings and it works.

The same sim in a unlocked z10 gives me calling and sms. That's it. No data no mms. If I go to apn settings it asks for a carrier provided username qnd password. So in other words, it might as well be carrier locked.

From what I've read, the phone has the APN settings coded on it. So if you put a Sim card in it, the APN settings for that carrier get applied. Unfortunately, they only put the settings in there for the carriers that are actually selling the phone. So it really sucks for anyone that likes cheap prepaid service that piggy backs off larger carriers.

My Sim turns the unlocked Z10 into a At&t device with the APN settings for that carrier, my Sim uses At&t's network, but has completely different APN settings. A truly unlocked phone (heck even a lot of locked phones) will let you change those settings to anything you want.
    Sorry to hear! This just sux! I cancelled my T-Mobile contract and converted it to prepaid. Was planning to take some cheap sim-only carrier with tons of data. Now I gotta think about it twice and try the same carrier out first, since it possibly won't work. This really sucks, I hope BB enable us to edit the APN settings SOON!
    03-14-13 02:10 AM
    i'm waiting for mine... should be here soon I hope.
    03-14-13 02:11 AM
    Returned Dev Alpha mid Jan, was received on the 18th. Red Z10 arrived March 13th. #740 and mine came factory unlocked as expected. Canada.

H4zN and bbquincar like this.
    03-14-13 03:22 AM
    Returned Dev Alpha mid Jan, was received on the 18th. Red Z10 arrived March 13th. #740 and mine came factory unlocked as expected. Canada.
    Been willing to ask this tons of times, but what's the OS version out of the box?
    03-14-13 03:30 AM
    Been willing to ask this tons of times, but what's the OS version out of the box?
    Whatever the retails ones come with, I forget that version now. .648? I think that's right but as you know, the update is avail. immed.
    03-14-13 03:58 AM
    Whatever the retails ones come with, I forget that version now. .648? I think that's right but as you know, the update is avail. immed.
    Hope some Dutch carrier offers the update or some alternative method will work. If not, I'll go to every pub and coffeeshop in Amsterdam to find something with a Vodafone UK sim ;D
    03-14-13 04:29 AM
    Mine came with the 10.0.9.23xx version. But once I put my sim in it updated.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 04:58 AM
    I'm hoping that the process is accelerating now so when I finally get approved and ship mine off its not too long
    03-14-13 05:41 AM
    Sorry to hear! This just sux! I cancelled my T-Mobile contract and converted it to prepaid. Was planning to take some cheap sim-only carrier with tons of data. Now I gotta think about it twice and try the same carrier out first, since it possibly won't work. This really sucks, I hope BB enable us to edit the APN settings SOON!
    Yeah it really does suck I just moved my family from Verizon after 9 years. We save over $100 a month by going straight talk and AT&T coverage is better at our house than Verizon. It is a total win win for us, and no way are we going back to post paid. now my z10 will be wifi only until BlackBerry hopefully fixes this someday. I was really looking forward to adding the LE Z10 to my rotation of phones. Now I can't even use it as designed and might end up selling it if a fix don't come soon.
    03-14-13 05:43 AM
    Yeah it really does suck I just moved my family from Verizon after 9 years. We save over $100 a month by going straight talk and AT&T coverage is better at our house than Verizon. It is a total win win for us, and no way are we going back to post paid. now my z10 will be wifi only until BlackBerry hopefully fixes this someday. I was really looking forward to adding the LE Z10 to my rotation of phones. Now I can't even use it as designed and might end up selling it if a fix don't come soon.
    It's a shame if BBRY won't allow this. It's the opposite of Apple really. They have all power over carriers, but it looks like the carriers are running BBRY's show here! Not good at all!

Have you by the way tried contacting BBRY about this issue?
    03-14-13 06:00 AM
326 ... 34567 ...