Hi,

i am wondering a long time already. Blackberry should seriously a DUAL-SIM Device. WHY???

i give you a list of reasons:

1. I dont want to roam with my blackberry on business trips (yes, blackberry users might travel sometimes abroad),
    if i had a dual sim BB, i could just add another SIM Card and use its (local) data connection without loosing my flow, or having to carry another phone (which doesnt let me do the same thing as with my blackberry (10)

2. Since Blackberry has the BB-Balance it could be sort of used for dual-sim Purposes

3. Many people carry now 2 phones (or at least numbers) privately or whichever reason.
    When i am out with friends i dont want to carry my work phone with me, but then i am taking it in case something important is going on.
    So i am carrying two phones.

4. Guess what. i keep seeing more and more people carrying a second phone

5. Samsung is doing it!!! Very simple. In Asia Dual Phones are in great fashion. in europe the flagships from samsung are NOT available as dual sim versions, because of the carriers.
    Ok, Nokia had that problem long time ago, they didnt want to distrub their carrier relationships. i am not sure what blackberry has to loose here. They dont have the best support by the carries anyways (see the rogers z30 example)

6. the demand fur high end duals is raising.

7. i would love to see this on a CB poll. Who wants to see duos Q10/Z10/Z30's arround. The concept would be a winner. i am sure.

I hope a lot of people agree with me here.
    11-14-13 02:12 PM
    The biggest downside I can see is it's one more thing to fit in the shell and make work properly with software (so I guess that's two things). With everyone wanting smaller/thinner/lighter/etc anything you have to squeeze into the shell of a phone has a major downside for the mass market. I see all your points, but the mass market has gone to the apple model.
    11-14-13 02:36 PM
    While I agree that dual Sim support would be a huge bonus for BB10 phones in the workplace where it would fit very nicely with the Personal and Work modes of Balance it would have been cheaper and easier for BlackBerry to just make their BB10 phones support having a 2nd phone line on one Sim that can be switched to for usage that is billed to a different account (your home address for example).

This is a function that carriers can provide but it depends on the phone being compatible. Most BBOS phone have been for the last few years but no BB10 phones are, inexplicably.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-13 02:56 PM
    hi

i am surprised there is not more response to this subject.
    another gsm module doesnt require much space. a sim slot doesnt either.

i have a 4.2 android device which is slim and sleek and dual sim is working fine on it. its just that its an android...

i think it would be a business modell for blackberry.
    but with that response maybe i have to ask myself if i am mistaken
    11-15-13 04:26 AM
    Assuming the technical issues could be overcome, I'd be on one in a flash! That would let me ditch my company issued iPhone and just carry my preferred BlackBerry! It would make for the ultimate BYOD device.
    11-15-13 06:39 AM
    I always have a dual sim phone and my Blackberry, if BB did a dual sim I would buy it now, I have had a dual sim phones for years and always been hopeful that BB would produce one.
    I have 2 phone numbers from my home country, business and personal and I use a local sim in whatever country I am in at the time , this varies between three and six months usually at least once a year.

A problem is that network service providers do not like them so would not stock them because they can not tie a person to one network , it is pointless have 2 sims for the same network.So dual sims are only available sim free [unlocked] which are only obtainable as a cash purchase.

I have a Z10 and a Samsung Galaxy dual sim, for skeptics there are no technical issues with 2 sims many manufacturers have made them for years , Even the S4 mini is available so space is not a issue.

Added, Samsung do a whole range of dual sim phones and have done for years
    Last edited by wafiwanders; 11-15-13 at 07:10 AM. Reason: note added
    yung berry likes this.
    11-15-13 07:04 AM