Anyone else think the BB10 screenshots looked like Symbian 60

I'm happy to have one, of course, as the emulator stinks, would be a bit more useful if it actually did the things they demo'd at the show and didn't freeze every 10 minutes requiring a reboot. From many years experience it's very hard to code to a moving target (costly and prone to multiple rewrites). As a simple example multiple selection of items in a ListView supposedly 'coming soon...'.

Actually to be brutally honest I hope there is a lot more coming than they have shown as redesigning the radio selection buttons to be animated and relying on 'peeking' as the USP isn't going to cut it in my opinion.

I'm also dubious as was the speaker apparently on how they are going to handle the UI on the phone in a consistant manner with the playbook.

So nice to have the Dev Alpha but let's get the features and API's coming soon out to us quicker!
    06-15-12 10:36 AM
    Not sure what symbian 60 is...but I know the Nokia N9 device whatever OS that is running is VERY similar to BB10...or BB10 is similar to that OS...and im watching a review right now and its running the last version of Meego, which is like 3.0 or something
    06-15-12 11:36 AM

this is the review for N9 and you can see the software side its very very similar to BB10
    06-15-12 11:37 AM
    I watched the video. It looks freakishly close to what RIM has with BB10, especially the 4 tiles...

But, I already see that BB10's corner swipe to see notifications is much better

One thing I'm really interested in is how data/info will be moved and used between apps. Multi-tasking is not just about seeing and scrolling through open apps...

On the Nokia all the app icons look the same...not attractive...more monotonous if anything

This meego UI is, IMO, not outstanding...bland. I can see why it was cancelled
    Last edited by anthogag; 06-21-12 at 05:27 PM.
    06-21-12 05:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD