I also submitted it on the 25th, jumping up and down to check if the app is approved or not. Always check your portal too, because your alp could be approved, but didn't get a mail yet. Oh well, hope the backlog is getting less, so they can shorten the waiting time (which is aprox. 10 working days)
    Yeah I've been refreshing the portal for days now, itching with anticipation. I wasted a day or so on waiting for my vendor approval due to google being annoying and tagging Blackberry as junk, lucky I thought to check in there for it. I keep searching the catalog as well for my app.... not seen it yet. Holding off on doing any updates for it in case I need to make changes for approval.
    03-02-13 05:20 AM
    I submitted an app about that time and it was approved yesterday. I haven't gotten an email yet, but it is 'up for sale' and I was able to install it on my DA from BB World. A CR is a Change Request ticket. Submitting an app for approval always raises two CRs.
    03-02-13 07:02 AM
    I submitted an app about that time and it was approved yesterday. I haven't gotten an email yet, but it is 'up for sale' and I was able to install it on my DA from BB World. A CR is a Change Request ticket. Submitting an app for approval always raises two CRs.
    Lucky, hope we got that lucky congrats!

And thanks for the answer, was curious myself wat it was

Oh by the way: what kind of complexity had your app/game? Maybe that has to do with the reponsiveness (and maybe you have some exact dates/times of the request and approval period?)
    03-02-13 07:03 AM
    So from this thread I take it that the length of time carries from a few days to a few weeks.... could have sworn I read 1or 2days somewhere. Guess the don't work on weekends either... that's fair enough I suppose.
    At first, I thought they wouldn't work on weekends but my first app was approved during a weekend. I guess they've added some more people during the weekends to clear the backlog.
    03-02-13 08:13 AM
    Lucky, hope we got that lucky congrats!

And thanks for the answer, was curious myself wat it was

Oh by the way: what kind of complexity had your app/game? Maybe that has to do with the reponsiveness (and maybe you have some exact dates/times of the request and approval period?)
    My last app was submitted Feb 22 and was up for 'sale' (its free) on March 1st.

As far as complexity goes, three of the four aren't really complex, but two of them (a clock and an E6B teachers aid) use features unique to Qt/Cascades, one is a GPS diagnostic.

The other, my third submission, is more complex. It downloads data from the Shuttle Radar Terrain Mapping (SRTM) project and displays it as a moving terrain map driven by GPS data with hypsometric tinting and shading. The SRTM data set is huge so I provide a way of downloading data for areas of interest. You can also save the map images as pictures. You can see them all in BlackBerry World.

I don't think the quality or complexity of the app has much to do with how quickly it gets through. I imagine a large cubicle farm with a bunch of testers that get assigned the next application off the que whenever they finish one.
    DarcMobile likes this.
    03-02-13 09:13 AM
    My last app was submitted Feb 22 and was up for 'sale' (its free) on March 1st.

As far as complexity goes, three of the four aren't really complex, but two of them (a clock and an E6B teachers aid) use features unique to Qt/Cascades, one is a GPS diagnostic.

The other, my third submission, is more complex. It downloads data from the Shuttle Radar Terrain Mapping (SRTM) project and displays it as a moving terrain map driven by GPS data with hypsometric tinting and shading. The SRTM data set is huge so I provide a way of downloading data for areas of interest. You can also save the map images as pictures. You can see them all in BlackBerry World.

I don't think the quality or complexity of the app has much to do with how quickly it gets through. I imagine a large cubicle farm with a bunch of testers that get assigned the next application off the que whenever they finish one.
    Yeah had the same visual about the queue order.

Did you get any mails for those approvals or did you check your vendor account like me ?
    03-02-13 09:23 AM
    Yeah had the same visual about the queue order.

Did you get any mails for those approvals or did you check your vendor account like me ?
    Since the last port-a-thon the only email I've gotten was for an upgrad approval. Email seems to be hit and miss, mostly miss, at this point. I try to check my vendor account at least once a day. That's how I've been finding out.

EDIT:

I just received an email for my last app to be appoved, only a day or so after it actually got the nod. I'm hoping this means the pig in the python from the port-a-thon has finally been digested.
    Last edited by Richard Buckley; 03-03-13 at 08:04 AM. Reason: Update info
    03-02-13 09:47 AM
    I also submitted it on the 25th, jumping up and down to check if the app is approved or not. Always check your portal too, because your alp could be approved, but didn't get a mail yet. Oh well, hope the backlog is getting less, so they can shorten the waiting time (which is aprox. 10 working days)

Having your app approved in a couple of days is wishful thinking. I have experienced review times from two weeks to one month for an app to be reviewed. I am still waiting for a submission, to correct an issue with my first submission, to be reviewed and that was on Feb 25th.
    DarcMobile likes this.
    03-02-13 10:54 AM
    The app itself generates a CR and each release (bar file, etc.) generates another one, so you will have at least 2 for a new app.

While you're waiting for approval, it won't hurt to submit a new build. They will only review the most recent one.
    DarcMobile likes this.
    03-02-13 02:11 PM
    The app itself generates a CR and each release (bar file, etc.) generates another one, so you will have at least 2 for a new app.

While you're waiting for approval, it won't hurt to submit a new build. They will only review the most recent one.
    They don't always review the most recent build. My app was rejected based on the first build, the second build, which also was submitted, had the problem already corrected.
    03-02-13 06:02 PM
    There just posted an updated version. Will probably tweak a bit more while I wait for the results

Posted via CB10
    03-02-13 09:45 PM
    They don't always review the most recent build. My app was rejected based on the first build, the second build, which also was submitted, had the problem already corrected.
    Hmm, maybe different reviewers do things in different ways. They shouldn't look at the first one if there are two for the same equipment.
    03-03-13 01:17 AM
    Hmm, maybe different reviewers do things in different ways. They shouldn't look at the first one if there are two for the same equipment.
    A while ago they said they were going to provide the ability to remove releases. When they implement that I expect this to happen less frequently. Just a guess but I don't think the reviewers have the time to check out all the available releases to deduce which one should be reviewed. Not an ideal situation I know.
    03-03-13 08:00 AM
    My guess is that they go by ticket not by release.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-13 08:11 AM
    I saw a comment from somebody at BlackBerry Dev a couple of days ago that told me that they only look at the newest build. I don't remember now where I saw that and I don't know how their ticket system works.
    03-03-13 10:11 AM
    Got an email from Blackberry World today, got all excited but I guess it was just me getting added to the world notification system. App still waiting for approval, early in the week still.
    03-04-13 07:53 PM
    App now approved. Updates are definitely faster

Posted via CB10
    03-05-13 10:17 AM
    I finally got an app in today, I was trying to get in for the app-a-thon (BB App builder app ust to test the waters) but I just got my response today it was approved so they must have had a big back log. Too bad I missed the rewards but glad to get an app out on Blackberry
    03-05-13 11:14 AM
    App now approved. Updates are definitely faster

Posted via CB10
    When did you submit?

Update: I finally got my corrected app reviewed and approved. It took nine days.
    Last edited by Mister-E; 03-05-13 at 01:11 PM.
    03-05-13 12:59 PM
    On the 2nd of March according to my post above

Posted via CB10
    03-05-13 02:13 PM
    On the 2nd of March according to my post above

Posted via CB10
    Strange. I'm still waiting from the 25th. Might be down to it being my first app or it might simply mean I'm screwed. Either way the wait is killing me.
    03-07-13 08:52 AM
    Strange. I'm still waiting from the 25th. Might be down to it being my first app or it might simply mean I'm screwed. Either way the wait is killing me.
    Submitted the same day, no response yet. Very curious if it means anything or not indeed
    03-07-13 10:25 AM
    GAH. I am going crazy now. It would be one thing if Blackberry came out and just said that my app was a piece of junk and no LE or anything for me. BUT this waiting is starting to tear my insides out.
    03-13-13 01:15 PM
    GAH. I am going crazy now. It would be one thing if Blackberry came out and just said that my app was a piece of junk and no LE or anything for me. BUT this waiting is starting to tear my insides out.
    Same here!
    03-13-13 02:39 PM
    I dont even really need the app approved now I just need an ETA. While the stress will still be there (I admit I have issues) I'll at least have a target in my head. This up in the air, no communication at all for almost 3 weeks now.... thats just wrong.
    03-13-13 03:07 PM
200 ... 678