I submitted two apps last week. Done a few updates since then but still waiting for the approval process. The longest it took me last year was four days. It would be nice to see some more communication from them as they wanted the apps to be there at launch, but I'm reading a lot of people are waiting since January...
    DarcMobile likes this.
    02-23-13 03:39 PM
    I submitted two apps last week. Done a few updates since then but still waiting for the approval process. The longest it took me last year was four days. It would be nice to see some more communication from them as they wanted the apps to be there at launch, but I'm reading a lot of people are waiting since January...
    I submitted my app on January 21 and it got approved yesterday. I would expect the process to go faster now as they likely have processed the Android port-a-thon apps where something 19,000 apps were submitted. I am guessing it is going to take another week for your app to get approved. Communication really stinks though.
    02-23-13 08:58 PM
    I got the email indicating why my app was denied. I received it within 48 hours of my app being denied. Turns out it was a minor issue that I had already corrected in an uploaded second version, which also had been denied. I have resubmitted and hopefully it will get reviewed faster this time around.
    DarcMobile likes this.
    02-24-13 02:06 AM
    They sure are quite overt there. Not one word on rewards. Starting to smell. Feb 18th has now come and gone. Zero updates at all.
    02-24-13 02:14 AM
    I got the email indicating why my app was denied. I received it within 48 hours of my app being denied. Turns out it was a minor issue that I had already corrected in an uploaded second version, which also had been denied. I have resubmitted and hopefully it will get reviewed faster this time around.
    Could you enlighten a little bit what that issue was? I'm very curious where apps are being denied, what the reason is (if there is any reason in the mail ofcourse )
    02-24-13 05:44 AM
    Could you enlighten a little bit what that issue was? I'm very curious where apps are being denied, what the reason is (if there is any reason in the mail ofcourse )
    I had uploaded an earlier version that did not have the launch icon setup. It would install on the Dev Alpha, but the icon was a black box or something like that. It was corrected in the next version that I uploaded. I do not know why they did not approve it, perhaps they just did not bother to look at it.
    DarcMobile likes this.
    02-24-13 10:20 AM
    My first app was approved today and got the approval email within the hour. Let's see how long it takes them to review the second one, submitted 48 hours later but I'm confident it won't take too long.
    02-24-13 01:07 PM
    I submitted two apps last week. Done a few updates since then but still waiting for the approval process.
    You did upload your updates, right? They have stated that uploading new builds of your app while waiting for the app to be approved will not alter its place in the queue.
    02-24-13 02:11 PM
    Is there a limit of attempts you may have to fix your app after the 28th deadline (and submitting it before the deadline) when they find something to deny your app?
    02-24-13 02:36 PM
    You did upload your updates, right? They have stated that uploading new builds of your app while waiting for the app to be approved will not alter its place in the queue.
    The first app, which was approved earlier today, didn't have any updates. The second one has two updates waiting, so I'll see how long it takes and report back once it's approved or denied.
    02-24-13 02:48 PM
    The problem is that the reason for the app being denied has not been communicated. You may have determined why your app was denied, however there may have been an additional reason that you did not identify. This should have been documented on the ticket but it has not.
    My app has the word Samsung and Iphone, so I believe that's the problem.
    Last edited by DarcMobile; 02-24-13 at 11:30 PM.
    02-24-13 10:53 PM
    I had my app approved since Jan 21, but I'm still waiting for confirmation that I qualified for a LE....
    02-25-13 03:07 AM
    I had my app approved since Jan 21, but I'm still waiting for confirmation that I qualified for a LE....
    Did you submit the trade-up request at the same time, or did you wait till your app got approved?
    02-25-13 03:19 AM
    Did you submit the trade-up request at the same time, or did you wait till your app got approved?
    You could submit the trade-up request at the same time
    02-25-13 05:36 AM
    i submitted both at the same time but yet to receive any news
    02-25-13 09:17 AM
    Just got an email from them about port-a-thon. About my app qualifying...but my app isn't a port...well qualified for something at least

Posted via CB10
    DarcMobile likes this.
    02-25-13 10:18 AM
    Just got an email from them about port-a-thon. About my app qualifying...but my app isn't a port...well qualified for something at least

Posted via CB10
    Got the same e-mail today, logged onto my vendor account and found that my app had been denied on Feb 22nd, without any explanation at all. Anyone else had this?
    02-25-13 11:07 AM
    Here the same problem, just got this e-mail, but app also denied the 22nd. And in the blogpost on the bottom of the mail they say to be eligble for the 'prices' of the port-a-thon your app needed to be up for sale by 18 Feb...
    02-25-13 11:13 AM
    Here the same problem, just got this e-mail, but app also denied the 22nd. And in the blogpost on the bottom of the mail they say to be eligble for the 'prices' of the port-a-thon your app needed to be up for sale by 18 Feb...
    They weren't able to review everything that quickly, so the date got extended as far as I know. They have said that you should have 2 weeks from the date of the denial to correct any problems.

From the email: "We have extended the deadline to get apps approved and will ensure you have at least two weeks to fix any apps that are not approved."
    DarcMobile likes this.
    02-25-13 01:03 PM
    Just got an email from them about port-a-thon. About my app qualifying...but my app isn't a port...well qualified for something at least.
    Although they were encouraging people to port existing apps, brand new apps were also 100% eligible for Port-A-Thon rewards.
    02-25-13 01:07 PM
    Good to know. I was only aiming for LE

Posted via CB10
    02-25-13 01:14 PM
    They have worked through my upgrades and one new submission. I recompiled all my applications for the latest SDK when it came out. I have only received on email, the others just quietly went on sale on the store front. I submitted one new application this weekend. When I went to enter it into the LE upgrade I got the "A submission for the Limited Edition Trade-up program has already occurred for pin..." message. I sent Email as instructed and was told by Developer Relations my app (one of them I suppose) had been approved and was referred to BrandAlliance. They said they had no record any of my apps were approved but would ask BlackBerry to correct this and I should have my Email in two days or so.

All this to say there is still some turmoil in the application approval process, for approving applications and for approving LE device submissions. They either underestimated the take up on the programs or underestimated the amount of work managing them would be. The good news is that they extended the submission deadline for the LE upgrade program to Feb 28, and I just read somewhere that you have until March 28 to make changes if needed to get them accepted into BlackBerry World, and approved for the LE upgrade. The LE devices won't start shipping until then so what ever happens I'll be holding onto my DA until at least the end of March.
    DarcMobile likes this.
    02-25-13 01:15 PM
    Rewards email finally received!! Who else got one today?

Hello,
    The BlackBerry 10 Last Chance Port-A-Thon was a huge success. Almost 20,000 apps were submitted in 36 hours; this was an incredible amount of submissions in a very short time and it took us longer than usual to sort the data.
    Thank you for your patience, your eligibility has now been recorded. Keep reading to learn about the reward(s) you are eligible for.
    Congratulations! You are eligible for the cash reward. Additionally if you have five (5) or more apps approved, you will be entered into a random draw for a BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha Device.
    Here is a list of the apps you submitted which are eligible for rewards:

32 of mine submitted so i max out at 20.

Please remember to whitelist the following email addresses to ensure you receive your rewards:
    Cash Rewards are distributed by our program partner Milestone. You will receive an email to confirm payment information from [email protected]

Device rewards are distributed by Touchstone. You will receive an email to confirm shipping information from [email protected].
    We have extended the deadline to get apps approved and will ensure you have at least two weeks to fix any apps that are not approved.
    For more details on deadlines and reward process visit: Port-A-Thon Updates �BlackBerry Developer Blog
    Thank you for your support!
    Sincerely,
    The BlackBerry Developer Program Team
    DarcMobile likes this.
    02-25-13 06:41 PM
    Rewards email finally received!! Who else got one today?

Hello,
    The BlackBerry 10 Last Chance Port-A-Thon was a huge success. Almost 20,000 apps were submitted in 36 hours; this was an incredible amount of submissions in a very short time and it took us longer than usual to sort the data.
    Thank you for your patience, your eligibility has now been recorded. Keep reading to learn about the reward(s) you are eligible for.
    Congratulations! You are eligible for the cash reward. Additionally if you have five (5) or more apps approved, you will be entered into a random draw for a BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha Device.
    Here is a list of the apps you submitted which are eligible for rewards:

32 of mine submitted so i max out at 20.

Please remember to whitelist the following email addresses to ensure you receive your rewards:
    Cash Rewards are distributed by our program partner Milestone. You will receive an email to confirm payment information from [email protected]

Device rewards are distributed by Touchstone. You will receive an email to confirm shipping information from [email protected].
    We have extended the deadline to get apps approved and will ensure you have at least two weeks to fix any apps that are not approved.
    For more details on deadlines and reward process visit: Port-A-Thon Updates �BlackBerry Developer Blog
    Thank you for your support!
    Sincerely,
    The BlackBerry Developer Program Team
    Nice. congratulations!

Submitted mine like 6 hours ago (quarter pas 2 AM here) let the waiting commence!
    02-26-13 01:22 AM
    They have worked through my upgrades and one new submission. I recompiled all my applications for the latest SDK when it came out. I have only received on email, the others just quietly went on sale on the store front. I submitted one new application this weekend. When I went to enter it into the LE upgrade I got the "A submission for the Limited Edition Trade-up program has already occurred for pin..." message. I sent Email as instructed and was told by Developer Relations my app (one of them I suppose) had been approved and was referred to BrandAlliance. They said they had no record any of my apps were approved but would ask BlackBerry to correct this and I should have my Email in two days or so.

All this to say there is still some turmoil in the application approval process, for approving applications and for approving LE device submissions. They either underestimated the take up on the programs or underestimated the amount of work managing them would be. The good news is that they extended the submission deadline for the LE upgrade program to Feb 28, and I just read somewhere that you have until March 28 to make changes if needed to get them accepted into BlackBerry World, and approved for the LE upgrade. The LE devices won't start shipping until then so what ever happens I'll be holding onto my DA until at least the end of March.

When did your app get approved?? and how long did you have to wait for the trade up email confirmation?
    02-26-13 01:29 AM
200 ... 45678