Hello,

I'm hoping, once again, someone with a Dev Alpha device will be kind enough to test my Amino Acids reference app and provide some criticism.

It is a reference app for amino acids. For each of the 20 important amino acids, it contains detailed information like their names, codes, structures, codons, polarity, pKa etc.

It should ask for "Device Identifying Information" for ad serving purposes only.

Anyways, from a developer stand-point I am looking to see it's:
    • Load-time and responsiveness
    • Overall feel
    • If the dynamic active frame feature works and if the images look good! (I had problem where the img will have messed up aspect ratio)
    • Anything else you feel important to mention

I'm also hoping to get a couple of screenshots so I could submit them to BlackBerry World for users to review.

Thanks!
    Last edited by DisturbedRocks31; 01-22-13 at 11:52 PM.
    amjass12 and savestheday611 like this.
    01-06-13 06:30 PM
    I have installled it but it does not open.

Is that a signed bar file?
    01-07-13 07:54 AM
    Should be a signed bar file! I'll likely ok into this as soon as I get home.
    01-07-13 11:58 AM
    I have installled it but it does not open.

Is that a signed bar file?
    Hey big bb,

I'm guessing the problem could be either with ads or dynamic active frames or a C++ date function... as such I've prepared a coupe of BAR files! Please test them when you have free time!

First try the same version just resigned: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/97328044/1Am...s_resigned.bar
    Then try without ads: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/97328044/2AminoAcids_no-ads.bar
    Then try without active frames: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/97328044/3AminoAcids_no-af.bar
    Finally if none of the above three work, try without the ads and active frames: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/97328044/4Am...ads_no-afs.bar

If any of them load properly, just work with that one and let me know which one worked!

Thanks once again!
    01-07-13 08:58 PM
    double post...
    Last edited by DisturbedRocks31; 01-07-13 at 09:00 PM. Reason: double post
    01-07-13 08:59 PM
    The second one with on ads works for me.
    I have some suggestions, I would have an indication which one has been picked (highlight the item on pressed), and maybe make the space a little bit bigger between the item because I have clicked the one below or above the one i wanted.

I have attached screenshots two are similar, I put them in just to show that the scroll indicator overlaps the abbreviations a little.
    Attached Thumbnails Amino Acids App - Please Test!-img_00000287.jpg   Amino Acids App - Please Test!-img_00000290.jpg   Amino Acids App - Please Test!-img_00000289.jpg   Amino Acids App - Please Test!-img_00000288.jpg  
    DisturbedRocks31 and amjass12 like this.
    01-08-13 07:33 AM
    Thanks a lot man, I'll do that!
    bbquincar likes this.
    01-08-13 10:37 AM
    I just love the way that Cascades looks. I want more ppl to make Native Cascades app I'm not see a huge amount yet. Maybe its because their being charged right now. Jan 30th cant come soon enough.

I don't have the dev with me anymore but it looks very clean great work @DisturbedRocks31
    DisturbedRocks31 likes this.
    01-08-13 03:42 PM
    ... Maybe its because their being charged right now. Jan 30th cant come soon enough.

I don't have the dev with me anymore but it looks very clean great work @DisturbedRocks31
    Thanks! Also, developers are not being charged anything to develop apps.
    01-08-13 04:48 PM
    The second one with on ads works for me.
    I have some suggestions, I would have an indication which one has been picked (highlight the item on pressed), and maybe make the space a little bit bigger between the item because I have clicked the one below or above the one i wanted.

I have attached screenshots two are similar, I put them in just to show that the scroll indicator overlaps the abbreviations a little.
    This is interesting - I got three different people to test my app and I have a simulator. All four sources show my app differently!

In my preview, on the "Amino Acids" tab, I see the top 1/5 of the word "Cysteine".
    In one of the dev alpha, I see the top divider of the title "Non-polar amino acids"
    In another one of the screenshot from dev alpha, I see until the bottom of Cysteine
    and in your preview, I see until the bottom of Glycine!

WOW! haha
    01-08-13 10:15 PM
    This is interesting - I got three different people to test my app and I have a simulator. All four sources show my app differently!

In my preview, on the "Amino Acids" tab, I see the top 1/5 of the word "Cysteine".
    In one of the dev alpha, I see the top divider of the title "Non-polar amino acids"
    In another one of the screenshot from dev alpha, I see until the bottom of Cysteine
    and in your preview, I see until the bottom of Glycine!

WOW! haha
    I have not heard of that happening before
    01-09-13 07:18 AM
    sorry meant that apps are being charged (.99) and because im using a different bbid i ill have to purchase them all again. I wish they where all free right now with features taken out but i understand the reason some dev charge for them right now also.
    01-09-13 01:33 PM
    sorry meant that apps are being charged (.99) and because im using a different bbid i ill have to purchase them all again. I wish they where all free right now with features taken out but i understand the reason some dev charge for them right now also.
    I wish devs would do that. They are able to.
    RIM said to use a different BBID for the dev alpha, so I have not purchased any with this ID, since they can not be transfered over to my actual ID.
    01-09-13 03:11 PM
    cant wait to have this app... will this be free disturbed rocks 31??? also, I dont have the dev alpha, but do have a playbook.. if you want me to test it on the pb

screenshots look good and love the amount of detail and information available... especially the codons for each amino acid!!!!
    01-18-13 08:28 AM
    cant wait to have this app... will this be free disturbed rocks 31??? also, I dont have the dev alpha, but do have a playbook.. if you want me to test it on the pb

screenshots look good and love the amount of detail and information available... especially the codons for each amino acid!!!!
    This will probably be a $0.99 app just because of the amount of work I've put into it. I've actually picked up books to verify the information.

As far as PlayBook goes, I will try to make sure that when BB10 is released on it, this will be compatible with it.
    01-18-13 12:16 PM
    thank you! ill most likely be purchasing this then in that case

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    DisturbedRocks31 likes this.
    01-18-13 02:24 PM
    Hey!

So I've made some minor changes and I was wondering if you could send me some finalized random amino acids' screen shots from the app! You can download it from here.

Also, let me know if the active frame are changing dynamically!

Thanks!
    01-18-13 09:33 PM
    Looks good, and yes the active frame is rotating what is displayed
    Attached Thumbnails Amino Acids App - Please Test!-img_00000307.jpg   Amino Acids App - Please Test!-img_00000309.jpg   Amino Acids App - Please Test!-img_00000308.jpg   Amino Acids App - Please Test!-img_00000310.jpg  
    dietertong likes this.
    01-21-13 08:36 AM
    Niiice! By the way, may I get these pics in high res please!? You can use that hotmail email address.

Thanks a lot!
    01-21-13 11:33 AM
    Hey guys, a quick note; this app is now available in the BlackBerry World! Thanks to everyone who helped me out here! Really appreciate it.

Link to Amino Acids in BlackBerry World
    lotuslanderz likes this.
    02-17-13 01:32 AM