My dev alpha B unit gets REALLY hot to the touch when I run certain graphics hungry apps such as Wacky Rapids and Fruit Blitz. Fun games to play on your downtime, by the way. Anyway... is it just my unit or is anyone else having this issue?
    12-06-12 08:47 PM
    I used to have this issue with the Dev Alpha A but that was with early OS versions. It doesn't get as hot as it used too but I do find with prolonged use it gets warm, which seems normal. But like I said not as hot as it used to.
    12-07-12 05:19 PM
    check the status on the the device to see if it is running when it should be idling. Swipe right from the top left corner of the screen.
    thrrgilag likes this.
    12-09-12 10:16 PM
    It will get very warm (never would consider it "hot" or hot enough to burn or anywhere close) when doing heavy utilization of the CPU/GPU (gaming for instance) on mine as well. Past that it is fine. If it continues, just reboot the device and it will cool down. Also keep in mind this case doesnt let air in very well, and holding it can cause it to heat up some.
    12-10-12 07:10 AM
    check the status on the the device to see if it is running when it should be idling. Swipe right from the top left corner of the screen.
    And for some extra detail on that, see this thread and the linked pastebin: BB10 diagnostic overlay details - BlackBerry Support Community Forums
    Sith_Apprentice likes this.
    12-10-12 07:44 AM
    Ahh I didn't think about the case not having good ventilation. Makes sense. Thanks guys, glad my unit doesn't have something wrong with it!
    12-10-12 11:18 PM
    Thanks! I never knew about this feature, this is cool
    12-10-12 11:20 PM