My WSJ App appears to be broken. Been more than 10 days. News links/headlines update each day, but when i try to look at a specific article, i always get the same screen in black and white dated JAN 3, 2013 and entitled "Transocean to Pay...". No text article. Have tried several times to delete and re-install. Have tried logging off/on. Smells like memory chip problem, but all my photos, videos, music and other apps appear OK. Have reported to WSJ. Their site does appear to be shakey of late. What do you all think ?
    04-03-14 07:36 AM
    Yes the BB 10 app appears to be broken. I downloaded it and had the same experience as you. Also I noted that many recent reviews mention this issue. I got the Android app to work when I used Amazon to install it (did not work via Snap) and it was ok. Also the iOS app is ok, so it's only the BB10 app that is broken. Likely neglected by WSJ. I suggest you use the Amazon store and get the Android app.
    04-03-14 08:14 AM
    TY. My bad. Thought i had checked.. Clearly others have seen similar. Proly money is central issue here.
    04-03-14 08:31 AM
    Have done side loading thingy many times with my PBs. Have not tried Snap on my Z30. Glanced off Amazon in total state of confusion last week with my updated Z30. Got advice, links, hints on Amazon ?
    04-03-14 08:44 AM
    Have done side loading thingy many times with my PBs. Have not tried Snap on my Z30. Glanced off Amazon in total state of confusion last week with my updated Z30. Got advice, links, hints on Amazon ?
    Snap did not work, I needed to get it from the Amazon store. To get the Amazon store, step 1, go to the homescreen on the BB swipe down and select settings, then App Manager, then Installing Apps, and then set Allow Apps from Other Sources to be Installed to On. THEN go to your browser and Google Install Amazon App Store which should take you to the link for the store. It should install directly on your device. Do you have an Amazon account already? If so sign on with that, if not create on, and then you are set. You can even buy apps, BUT, you can't get a refund if the app does not work. HOWEVER my experience has been that most stuff works. And some stuff that does NOT work when installed via Snap DOES work when installed via the Amazon store. (HOWEVER, the selection at the Amazon store is not as great)
    04-03-14 10:45 AM
    Thank you so much. Looking forward to working thru your guide. Been wanting to try this. A week ago, I would never have guessed my interest in non-BB apps and my WSJ trouble could in any way be related!
    Last edited by DoctorNeutron; 04-03-14 at 01:51 PM.
    04-03-14 01:38 PM