We have seen the cardholder.bar file since 10.2 within the OS. "com.rim.bb.app.cardholder"

You can only open in via Playbook Manager Chrome Addon but hasn't been touched since it was first put into the OS.

What Features would you guys like in CardHolder?

Features needed to compete:

- NFC payments
    - able to store: gift cards, loyalty/reward cards, coupons, credit cards, debit cards, boarding passes, movie tickets

- connect it to BBM money (when ever it get released to the world) this would be good sending people money through BBM instead of having to do it through your bank my email

- preload with money to buy for on device purchases.
    Example: preloading your kid's phone with $10 to buy apps in BBworld

- save tickets/passes from email.
    Example: An email confirming your flight could include your boarding pass as a Cardholder-enabled attachment.

- Cardholder-enabled apps: When you buy tickets, check in for a flight, or add a card through an BBword app, the app will offer or prompt you to add a pass to Cardholder.

- barcode/smart tag scanner

- - blackberry travel integration for Passports and flight info

Native BlackBerry 10 ?Cardholder? App Answer to iPhone Passbook? | N4BB
    Does BlackBerry need an app like Passbook on iOS for BlackBerry 10? | CrackBerry.com
    Last edited by khehl; 09-24-14 at 09:47 AM.
    09-24-14 09:33 AM
    Yes, I know I might be Tar and Feathered for saying this on CrackBerry:

So we all know that apple put NFC in their iPhone 6's for Apple Pay which is part of passbook.

Apple is insanely smart in how they did Apple Pay vs Google Wallet type pay.

You don't store any of your credit card info on Apple Pay vs Google Wallet which keeps track of everything. Apple Pay talks Directly to the banks.

If BlackBerry were to make an NFC paying option for Card Holder I would prefer Apple's more secure way of handling credit cards.
    09-24-14 09:35 AM
    I would love to see some mock ups as well
    09-24-14 09:46 AM
    BB doesn't have this? I thought it was standard for smartphone OSs
    09-24-14 09:50 AM
    +1

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 08:53 AM
    I thought so too

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 11:26 PM
    BlackBerry has NFC payments. What they are talking about is an app that's compatible with Apple's Passport Cards.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 08:36 AM
    BlackBerry has NFC payments. What they are talking about is an app that's compatible with Apple's Passport Cards.

Posted via CB10
    No bb10 doesn't, the closest we have is Timmy me (canada) and BBM money in a few 3rd world countries

I'm talking about a direct competitor to Google wallet and passbook/apple pay like I said in the title.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 09:36 AM
    I would definitely use it. A lot!

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 09:41 AM
    Yeessss

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 10:12 AM
    I would use this so much!

Posted from my Naked Selfie secure BlackBerry.
    09-28-14 06:22 PM
    I would use this so much!

Posted from my Naked Selfie secure BlackBerry.
    me too
    10-07-14 11:04 AM
    We have seen the cardholder.bar file since 10.2 within the OS. "com.rim.bb.app.cardholder"

You can only open in via Playbook Manager Chrome Addon but hasn't been touched since it was first put into the OS.

What Features would you guys like in CardHolder?

Features needed to compete:

- NFC payments
    - able to store: gift cards, loyalty/reward cards, coupons, credit cards, debit cards, boarding passes, movie tickets

- connect it to BBM money (when ever it get released to the world) this would be good sending people money through BBM instead of having to do it through your bank my email

- preload with money to buy for on device purchases.
    Example: preloading your kid's phone with $10 to buy apps in BBworld

- save tickets/passes from email.
    Example: An email confirming your flight could include your boarding pass as a Cardholder-enabled attachment.

- Cardholder-enabled apps: When you buy tickets, check in for a flight, or add a card through an BBword app, the app will offer or prompt you to add a pass to Cardholder.

- barcode/smart tag scanner

- - blackberry travel integration for Passports and flight info

Native BlackBerry 10 ?Cardholder? App Answer to iPhone Passbook? | N4BB
    Does BlackBerry need an app like Passbook on iOS for BlackBerry 10? | CrackBerry.com
    I wonder if it's an abandoned project. Put on a back burner when BlackBerry moved to refocus on the enterprise.

Posted via CB10
    Supa_Fly1 likes this.
    10-12-14 10:37 PM
    I wonder if it's an abandoned project. Put on a back burner when BlackBerry moved to refocus on the enterprise.

Posted via CB10
    same, it was definitely a consumer focused project from when Heins was in charge.

It first appeared on 10.2 before Heins departure.
    10-13-14 12:45 AM
    Yes please! It's one of the major gaps of my BB10 device
    10-18-14 11:48 AM
    Yeah, I really want to see a card holder app be available for BlackBerry 10. In fact, I want to see the BlackBerry Wallet app that was made for the BlackBerry legacy OS to be revamped so that it has a UI that is comparable to Passbook on iOS with similar functionality. So far, we don't have a native app from BlackBerry that acts as an all-in-one mobile wallet app from BlackBerry that allows us to loyalty rewards cards, credit cards, coupons, airline boarding passes and tickets to sporting events. The lack of a mobile wallet app from BlackBerry means that aside from bank apps like the TD Bank app or apps like the TimmyMe app from Tim Hortons, we don't have a way to make mobile NFC payments using our BlackBerry 10 smartphones. I think the mobile wallet app thing was put on the sidelines as well when BlackBerry shifted its focus to enterprise customers. I really hope they get working on the mobile wallet project soon but that's wishful thinking.
    10-23-14 01:58 PM

Posted via CB10
    same, it was definitely a consumer focused project from when Heins was in charge.

It first appeared on 10.2 before Heins departure.
    Yes, but can't we all see business people using this? In other words, it's not just a consumer product. In fact, I might argue that it is actually a better app for the enterprise customer given business travel and other business expenses.
    10-26-14 02:49 PM