So, I'm not sure if this has been written about already, but I recently came to know of a simple way to make Levelup payments using my Q10. Here is the story in brief:

I emailed Levelup to ask if they were planning an app for BB10, to which they replied very promptly. Unfortunately, there are no plans for such an app. However, the representative kindly sent me the image of my 2D code, which I can store on my Q10 and use for payments to businesses that accept Levelup as a mode of payment.

She also said that, if I want to get a different code in the event of a lost phone, or new credit card, I can just email Levelup support and ask for it. I've since tried using the image at two businesses and it has worked with no hassles. I've instantly received emails acknowledging the purchases. One place to store the image is in the Remember app, as an attachment.

If any of you are coming from Android or iPhone and want to continue using Levelup, that is one way to do it. I'm having fun with my Q10 and thought I'd share this finding with my app-starved fellow BB10 users ;-).

Posted via CB10
    06-19-13 11:04 PM
    Great tip!!! I moved the thread to BB Apps so more people can see it!
    clickitykeys likes this.
    07-05-13 09:32 AM
    Thanks pkcable. Glad to know that this would be relevant for others as well.

As a more recent update, I have used the Levelup code several times now in the Boston area. Each time, I've received the usual email confirming the payment.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-13 12:04 AM
    Thanks for sharing, this is great but...

Doesn't this make it impossible to add a tip?
    08-05-13 11:28 AM
    Yes, you're right. It isn't possible to add a tip. Thus, the usefulness is limited to scenarios where tipping is unnecessary, e.g., fast food places, shops and so on.

Since getting the image onto my BlackBerry, I haven't yet used it in a proper sitdown restaurant.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-13 12:42 PM
    I know this thread is old, but the Levelup Android App works perfectly now on my Z10 with 10.3!
    09-03-14 08:31 AM