When I use an android email client I can get my work email but not using my BB.

Is there any way to fool the mail server into believing that the bb10 is an android device or IOS devices so I can connect to the mailserver? Because I cannot find a free android email client that does the trick.
    03-02-14 09:39 PM
    IT is going to have to allow the phone access, unless you're not setting it up correctly. Some accounts can be tricky. Knowing what kind of account it is, and which version they're running might help.
    03-02-14 10:21 PM
    Active Sync requires devices to report information about themselves, it seems. You can try an Android email client on the BlackBerry? Other than that, no work email on your device, then complaint to your manager about it if he or she asks?

Posted via CB10
    03-02-14 11:04 PM
    Active Sync requires devices to report information about themselves, it seems. You can try an Android email client on the BlackBerry? Other than that, no work email on your device, then complaint to your manager about it if he or she asks?

Posted via CB10
    It seems? ActiveSync has always required that. Security 101 have reporting enabled by default.

The email client is reporting the Android runtime as the base. Looks like ActiveSync isn't the issue here - you can't restrict a specific OS entirely that I'm aware of - not in Exchange 2010; you could restrict as OS version though not entire OS.

ActiveSync is enabled on your mailbox OR its restricted via an MDM solution that is tied in using a server Admin account to Exchange which is also why the Android app is working.

BlackBerry Q10 ? & Full Metal CB10!
    03-02-14 11:08 PM