Whats up my CrackBerry peeps,

Anyways, just had a quick question regarding Wireless Printing. Is it possible to print stuff wirelessly from the Z10? I used to think that's was what the Print to Go app was about. Anyways, any insight would be appreciated.
    03-27-13 06:02 AM
    I have an hp wireless printer with eprint. Send an email to the printer and it prints from anywhere. Printed using an iPhone, Bold 9900, anything that can send email. It prints the attachments too.
    AbsoluteT23 and araskin like this.
    03-27-13 06:27 AM
    That's pretty cool. But it wouldn't work with a regular wireless printer right?
    Might have to check out the eprint thing out. Thanks
    03-27-13 06:40 AM
    I have a older wireless printer that has to be plugged into a router to get to it wirelessly and I use the HP eprint app on my iPad to print to it, so I would think the eprint app would allow you to print to any wireless enabled HP printer, and I would figure other brands have their own apps or a app that covers all printers should be available.
    AbsoluteT23 likes this.
    03-27-13 06:49 AM
    Yeah, but we don't have any sort of app support for the Z10 in relations to eprint or a similar alternative, right?
    03-27-13 06:51 AM
    Yeah, but we don't have any sort of app support for the Z10 in relations to eprint or a similar alternative, right?
    It does not look like ePrint has been made available for BB10 yet, but hopefully it will be soon. It doesn't hurt to voice your opinion to HP etc telling them we want this app.
    03-27-13 07:30 AM
    If you have a printer that's on your network and supports IPP protocol then the playcloud app supports printing documents to it

Wireless Printing. Can it be done?-img_00000098.jpg
    sf49ers, Bilaal, boggle13 and 3 others like this.
    03-27-13 08:32 AM
    Whats up my CrackBerry peeps,

Anyways, just had a quick question regarding Wireless Printing. Is it possible to print stuff wirelessly from the Z10? I used to think that's was what the Print to Go app was about. Anyways, any insight would be appreciated.
    Yes it can be done.

Now can it be done from your Z10?? I dunno lol
    03-27-13 09:44 AM
    Interested to know this as well. I use print for files fromt eh Z10, but you need to have your PC on and the PC software downloaded, and it only prints files. I would love to have a way to print E-mails to my printer, which I have set up over the same wifi my phone taps into.
    03-27-13 09:48 AM
    I just got off a long online chat with eprint as to why the Z10 can not eprint but the 9900 or playbook can. The only way we could get it to work was to send via the browser on the Z10. The HP techs are now being notified of the problem. Hope they can resolve it.
    grover5 and AbsoluteT23 like this.
    03-27-13 11:54 AM
    Yeah I'm actually surprised this can't be done right off the bat, but it's a good thing I asked you guys.
    Ok, we'll how bout a Bluetooth printer? Would that work? Why do they make everything so difficult for us BlackBerry users? I just don't get it

Posted via CB10
    03-27-13 02:11 PM
    Maybe because the OS is only 6 weeks old

Yeah I'm actually surprised this can't be done right off the bat, but it's a good thing I asked you guys.
    Ok, we'll how bout a Bluetooth printer? Would that work? Why do they make everything so difficult for us BlackBerry users? I just don't get it

Posted via CB10
    03-27-13 02:39 PM

Posted via CB10
    As said, I have started to implement printer feature in PlayCloud application.

I'm using IPP protocol provided by CUPS.

http://www.progweb.com/2013/02/playc...blackberry-10/

Nicolas
    03-27-13 03:18 PM
    I am using Brother's iPrint&Scan app and it can print wirelessly from my z10 to the printer directly

works well
    bluetroll likes this.
    03-28-13 12:14 AM
    Hi Gooiee. I have a Z10, and just bought a new Brother MFC-J4510DW wireless printer. How and where did you download that app.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-13 02:33 PM
    Hi Gooiee. I have a Z10, and just bought a new Brother MFC-J4510DW wireless printer. How and where did you download that app.

Posted via CB10
    It's probably an Android side-loaded application.
    iPrint & Scan | Brother
    06-08-13 03:06 PM
    Hi,

So, my advice :

1�/ Find in the BlackBerry World "mDNS Service Discovery" :

BlackBerry World - mDNS Service Discovery

This application is able to search and discover any services (using mDNS). So it may to find your printer and properties. Keep me inform about the discovered information.

2�/ Find in the BlackBerry World "PlayCloud Free for BlackBerry 10"

BlackBerry World - PlayCloud Free for BlackBerry 10

Then, in the settings section, add your printer with the info that you have just found with the mDNS tool.

Long tap on the printer item (in the settings section) and try to print the test page.

Note: in the next PlayCloud release, the application will use automatically mDNS to configure your printer in standalone.

Nicolas
    06-09-13 01:52 AM
    I use Breezy to print wirelessly. You need their desktop app installed but other than that it's flawless.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-13 03:45 PM
    did you get it to work? I have the exact same printer.
    06-14-13 01:25 PM
    Sideload Android Brother iPrint&Scan. It will work wirelessly print to your brother
    06-20-13 11:30 PM
    BlackBerry should enable a way to connect a microusb cable directly to a printer and print emails or documents or whatever that way.

Would be great to differentiate BB10. Don't understand what Thorsten means by mobile computing if you can't print from the device.

Posted via CB10
    06-22-13 01:48 AM
    BlackBerry should enable a way to connect a microusb cable directly to a printer and print emails or documents or whatever that way.

Would be great to differentiate BB10. Don't understand what Thorsten means by mobile computing if you can't print from the device.

Posted via CB10
    Should be possible with 10.2 since, you will be able to use USB as host. But always need drivers... So we can implement PictBridge support

Nicolas
    06-22-13 06:14 AM
    I was able to sideload & run Espon's iPrint which is supposed to allow direct mobile printing to selected Epson wifi printers. From what I can tell, you need to first register at the Espon website on the Espon Connect area....then install the Epson Connect app (to pc or mobile device)...which during install tries to detect your printers & assign a name or email addy on your local wifi network. This failed for me so I could not see my printer from my phone. I have support request out to Epson...we'll see.
    07-06-13 12:53 AM
    I am using Brother's iPrint&Scan app and it can print wirelessly from my z10 to the printer directly

works well
    Query which version of the app you have? I tried sideloading this app version 1.12.1, and it appears to work but then crashes when I select "print preview" ... I'm on a Q10 with OS10.1 which might also explain the problem. But if you have an earlier version of the app that works, that would be good news.
    08-09-13 02:22 PM
    Crashes on version 1.14 Brother Iprin&scan also.

One can get as far as print preview .... Then you get an error message
    01-19-14 09:58 AM
28 12