Ditto on the share ETA. I use this all of the time. Bring it back.

Posted via CB10
    MizzCrack likes this.
    06-22-13 05:23 PM
    I use the avoid traffic function...works very nicely. It also warns me if an accident has been reported. The only thing I miss from Traffic is the share ETA.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, that eta was accurate to 5 minutes on hour and a half (average) commute!!

Corky Notes for bb10 developer
    06-23-13 03:53 AM
    It's identical more or less. This morning I tested my bb10 Maps against BlackBerry traffic (personal z10 vs work 9780). Maps mapped out the route with least traffic identical to Traffic. The ETA was nearly identical (maps eta was 1min earlier than traffic).

People don't like change. Traffic is not any better or worse than Maps....its just different. I would like to see the "share eta" option added for future release.

Posted via CB10
    It's not about not liking change. In my area there are road variables such as HOV or carpool lanes. The BB Traffic layout is visually simple and when given two routes to choose from with similar ETAs, I am able to make an educated choice of which route to take.

While on an interim device until the Q10 came out, I tried Waze and Inrix. Waze is way too social media for me, whereas Inrix has the simplicity that I like. Inrix also has the send ETA feature, but lacks the voice navigation.

At one point I was running both Waze and Inrix simultaneously. Waze took me the most indirect but most popular route, while Inrix lead me to the least popular but faster route.

I would begrudgingly accept Inrix as a replacement for BBT, but unfortunately Inrix is not available on BB10.

Also, just out of curiosity, is Waze 100% crowd-sourced?

(take it easy on me - I'm a BB lover, but not overly tech savvy )
    06-24-13 04:06 AM
    What OS was this? With 10.0 there were many complaints about the ETA calculations in BB Maps. With 10.1, I had an occasion to test it. I had been using Waze most of the time but decided to try BB Maps, after reading so many complaints about it here. I didn't have the "avoid traffic" option selected. The route I chose involved driving on I-95 for about 8 miles. Before getting on the interstate, BB Maps gave a warning that an accident had been reported, and heavy traffic ahead. I'd never heard it do that before. At that point it updated the ETA.

Sure enough, when I got on the interstate, I crawled along for several miles until I passed the site of the accident. I got to my destination exactly when the updated ETA said I would.

Since then, I've tested ETA several times and found it to be very accurate. I think this functionality was improved in the OS 10.1 version(s) of BB Maps. And yes, I did use BB Traffic extensively on my legacy BBs. I wouldn't mind seeing a "minimalist" mode in BB Maps, similar to BB Traffic.
    I have 10.1
    Maps is not functional in high-density, quickly changing driving situations:
    I cannot get it to show me alternate routes.
    It takes too many clicks to navigate around the app while driving. I try to touch devices as little as possible when driving.
    Mireo is pretty cool if I were in visiting another city or country I didn't know my way around in, but frustrating when it routes me to a stand-still freeway as I watch the frontage road I could have taken moving along at 50+ mph.
    Inrix is very close to BBT, but I don't want to mess around with sideloading (cr)app.
    06-25-13 05:54 PM
    1 more vote for Blackberry Traffic. The way it displays a simple green bar and presents routes. Maps is a different app than traffic was. Traffic was one of the key reasons, I stuck with Blackberry and was very disappointed that it wasn't available when I switched from 9900 to z10
    hindsketchup238 likes this.
    06-30-13 12:50 AM
    I agree maps is okay (despite no landscape mode which in my opinion if it doesn't have both landscape would be better). But it is not the same as BlackBerry Traffic. I likes how it shows you 2 options and you can decide what your prefer. Bbmaps with avoid traffic just gives you the one option unless you then go into settings and change normal and navigate to Route again. I like to know what I'm avoiding. Plus traffic showed you the red/yellow/green to you can know what conditions to expect.

It's sad to me that BlackBerry doesn't get their own native apps right. The features on Waze and side loaded Google maps make BlackBerry maps seem quite pedestrian.

BlackBerry traffic was perfect as when I'm in my home town I really don't need a map I just need to know which route to go to avoid traffic.

I think those of us who used it regularly enjoy BB traffic for what it was. A unique no nosense get me where I'm going as quickly as possible.

It's annoying that with BB10 we have lost a BlackBerry native app that worked great.

BB Traffic needs to be on BB10.

Posted via CB10
    MizzCrack likes this.
    06-30-13 09:30 AM
    1 more vote for Blackberry Traffic. The way it displays a simple green bar and presents routes. Maps is a different app than traffic was. Traffic was one of the key reasons, I stuck with Blackberry and was very disappointed that it wasn't available when I switched from 9900 to z10
    To me it's a disgrace when my old phone has better apps than my new one. All native BB apps should have been on BB10 phones upon release. I think as BlackBerry users we accept the fact we don't have all the other so called cool apps but you would figure there is no excuse for not having the "BlackBerry" apps on the new platform.

Posted via CB10
    MizzCrack likes this.
    06-30-13 09:33 AM
    I too am liking the bbmaps app. Was also surprised that in voice mode,it says about traffic congestion ahead of you in your route. Never saw that before.
    06-30-13 09:43 AM
    When I go to developer.blackberry.com, I see BB traffic app listed at the bottom page in beta section. I hope that I can use this app in any country when it comes out.
    DJjjg likes this.
    06-30-13 10:22 AM
    Traffic is part of Maps on BB10.

Posted via CB10
    Yea... Not so much.
    06-30-13 01:07 PM
    It's identical more or less. This morning I tested my bb10 Maps against BlackBerry traffic (personal z10 vs work 9780). Maps mapped out the route with least traffic identical to Traffic. The ETA was nearly identical (maps eta was 1min earlier than traffic).

People don't like change. Traffic is not any better or worse than Maps....its just different. I would like to see the "share eta" option added for future release.

Posted via CB10
    You are so WRONG its embarrassing. You obviously have never tried BB traffic, and should not post in that instance.
    07-08-13 05:25 PM
    When I go to developer.blackberry.com, I see BB traffic app listed at the bottom page in beta section. I hope that I can use this app in any country when it comes out.
    This is excellent news if it means what I/you think it means!! Is it still there? Still in beta?
    07-08-13 05:27 PM
    To me it's a disgrace when my old phone has better apps than my new one. All native BB apps should have been on BB10 phones upon release... there is no excuse for not having the "BlackBerry" apps on the new platform.
    Amen.
    07-08-13 05:28 PM
    You are so WRONG its embarrassing. You obviously have never tried BB traffic, and should not post in that instance.
    Did you read my post? Z10 vs 9780. I presume I didn't have to spell out that the 9780 was BlackBerry Traffic. I've been using Traffic for many years. I get a list view like Traffic, I get a direct or avoid traffic view like Traffic.

What I don't get are little things like share ETA or the ability to map out future traffic travel time.

Overall, it does a good chunk of what Traffic did, albeit a little differently. What is more embarrassing is your post, and your immaturity. Grow up kid.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-13 06:31 PM
    Did you read my post?
    Posted via CB10
    Yes, you are the genius who said " Traffic is not any better or worse than Maps."

And you are still WRONG. I get what you are stumbling to say, but you are wrong. BB Maps has nothing on the traffic-avoiding properties of BB traffic. If you lived in a city that had any legitimate traffic, you might know the difference, and you *might* know what you were talking about. However, you dont, so you STILL dont know what you are talking about. Thanks for trying though, and thanks for trying to insult me (also unsuccessfully). It made your otherwise worthless post a bit entertaining.
    07-08-13 07:55 PM
    Yes, you are the genius who said " Traffic is not any better or worse than Maps."

And you are still WRONG. I get what you are stumbling to say, but you are wrong. BB Maps has nothing on the traffic-avoiding properties of BB traffic. If you lived in a city that had any legitimate traffic, you might know the difference, and you *might* know what you were talking about. However, you dont, so you STILL dont know what you are talking about. Thanks for trying though, and thanks for trying to insult me (also unsuccessfully). It made your otherwise worthless post a bit entertaining.
    Okay. Based on my experience and personal opinion, I am satisfied using Maps travel from the core of downtown Toronto, to the burbs as far as Oakville to north as far as cottage country. It seems to do a pretty good job for a major city like Toronto. As such, I prefer to use my Z10 Maps on my personal phone over Traffic on my work 9780.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-13 08:35 PM
    Hey Letmein13: is bb traffic still in the beta zone? We need this bad.
    07-22-13 01:53 PM
    + 1 million. Blackberry: end the incompetence, and update one of your best native apps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"keep moving," right?
    07-22-13 01:56 PM
    So we have all been saying we need the bb traffic app on bb10 for months, but blackberry is apparently not listening. I dont think blackberry reps come to this board. Lets post it on the blackberry forum and maybe they will listen:
    PLEASE UPDATE BB TRAFFIC APP TO BB10!! - BlackBerry Support Community Forums
    PLEASE UPDATE BB TRAFFIC APP TO BB10!! - BlackBerry Support Community Forums
    07-22-13 03:01 PM
    I live in Los Angeles. When using the freeway system here, many times there are three, even four, different freeways to take to get to one location. Many times one freeway is jammed, and alternate routes are a must. Blackberry Traffic would let you know which freeway to take to get to a location and how to get there the quickest, even adjusting traffic conditions and arrival times based on real-time traffic conditions, as you traveled. It would show you all the different routes, color code the traffic speed/conditions along your route, and update by the minute. For a 25 mile trip in Los Los Angeles, it could take you sometimes an hour or more, but with BB Traffic, you could shave off 15 minutes from your trip. This app was indispensable as a commuter in Los Angeles.

Now, because my company changed email servers, I have to upgrade from by Bold 9900 (which has BB Traffic) to a Z10 to be able to get the Enterprise email service on my phone. But, no BB Traffic - very disappointing. And I agree with those who point out that you cannot compare a mapping program with BB Traffic - there is no comparison; it's like apples to oranges.
    FF22 likes this.
    11-20-13 01:43 AM
    I live in Los Angeles. When using the freeway system here, many times there are three, even four, different freeways to take to get to one location. Many times one freeway is jammed, and alternate routes are a must. Blackberry Traffic would let you know which freeway to take to get to a location and how to get there the quickest, even adjusting traffic conditions and arrival times based on real-time traffic conditions, as you traveled. It would show you all the different routes, color code the traffic speed/conditions along your route, and update by the minute. For a 25 mile trip in Los Los Angeles, it could take you sometimes an hour or more, but with BB Traffic, you could shave off 15 minutes from your trip. This app was indispensable as a commuter in Los Angeles.

Now, because my company changed email servers, I have to upgrade from by Bold 9900 (which has BB Traffic) to a Z10 to be able to get the Enterprise email service on my phone. But, no BB Traffic - very disappointing. And I agree with those who point out that you cannot compare a mapping program with BB Traffic - there is no comparison; it's like apples to oranges.
    I was just there last week. My brother-in-law who lives near Thousand Oaks and works in downtown LA really like GoogleMaps and its traffic info.

Oh, and WELCOME to Crackberry. You can learn a lot more about your impending new phone here as well as some of its other limitations. It is definitely different than your existing phone.
    11-20-13 09:36 AM
46 12