Does anyone have anything concrete on if Cisco Anyconnect VPN will be released soon??
    Any blackberry or Cisco employee on here?

I know there are rumors based on having "anyconnect" listed in 10.3.1.

I have had a Z30 for less than a year. I was using Cisco ASA and VNC to run my testing controller at work, but our IT changed the VPN to Cisco Anyconnect only in Dec which ruins me being able to check tests remotely.

Anyways, I have asked my companies IT to get rid of blackberry and to switch me to an iphone or android phone since those are real business phones because they have cisco anyconnect. They dont want to do anything as I just got this phone and they have always used blackberry. Basically they would lose the cost of the Z30 if they have to buy a new phone during the contract. I say that is their fault for not choosing a business phone.

I am looking for any kind of validation on the cisco anyconnect rumors to know if I should wait a month or start ******** with my IT department.
    01-10-15 07:42 PM
    The only validation is that it has appeared in Beta and when you set your VPN profile to anyconnect it actually attempts to download it, plus it was announced that anyconnect would be coming but alas, it's not here yet nor does anyone really know when it might move beyond a beta status. It's there now.. just not for everyone.
    01-10-15 08:14 PM
    It was announced in a BlackBerry press release at the time of the Classic release that a number of Enterprise apps would be available for BB10. It mentioned early January for the Cisco AnyConnect app. I check the BlackBerry World almost everyday now hoping to see it soon. I need it for work!

Posted via CB10
    01-10-15 09:48 PM
    Here is the press release:
    (Apologies for the format: silly CB won't let let me post a link until I have ten posts - rationale please?! - good way make a person who has been using BlackBerry since near the beginning feel like an outsider! Really sucks! Joined CB not too long ago.)

pressDOTblackberryDOTcom/press/2014/blackberry-expands-enterprise-application-portfolio.html

You can find the early January availability date just before the last paragraph. It refers to the apps marked with an asterisk of which AnyConnect is one. Will they be true to their word?

Posted via CB10
    r81984 likes this.
    01-10-15 10:22 PM
    Thanks for that.
    "Applications will be available in early January 2015."

I will wait to Feb even though not having VPN is killing me, I hate having to use my laptop for everything right now. If not available by then I will complain with my IT and Verizon until I can swap for an iphone or android so I can VPN.
    01-11-15 03:49 PM
    Still no release. Its like blackberry just wants to go out of business.
    01-18-15 05:50 PM
    I have been talking to BB support through Twitter.
    They act like they are going to help me, but now it has been 3 days of me sending them all my phones info.
    They have yet to confirm or deny if Cisco Anyconnect will be released.
    01-26-15 02:51 PM
    Here is the press release:
    (Apologies for the format: silly CB won't let let me post a link until I have ten posts - rationale please?! - good way make a person who has been using BlackBerry since near the beginning feel like an outsider! Really sucks! Joined CB not too long ago.)

pressDOTblackberryDOTcom/press/2014/blackberry-expands-enterprise-application-portfolio.html

You can find the early January availability date just before the last paragraph. It refers to the apps marked with an asterisk of which AnyConnect is one. Will they be true to their word?

Posted via CB10
    To prevent spam on the forums. Bots that sign up and then post links to malware sites, etc.

10 seems high compared to other forums, but not like a bot can't try 10 posts, either.

It would be good where 1+ year sign ups don't have this limitation, but you also mentioned just signing up not too long ago.

Posted via CB10
    01-26-15 03:07 PM
    Thanks for your good clarification of the reason for the link restrictions! Makes a lot of sense from that point of view. Didn't realize that there was a big problem on forums because I am not on too many of them regularly.

Posted via CB10
    01-26-15 05:50 PM
    This is what you are looking for:
    https://mega.co.nz/#!LY4RjZSZ!bwg1SP...SFXnukgza0ggzI

Enjoy
    01-26-15 06:16 PM
    This is what you are looking for:
    https://mega.co.nz/#!LY4RjZSZ!bwg1SP...SFXnukgza0ggzI

Enjoy
    Mmmm this is not AnyConnect?

Posted via CB10
    01-26-15 09:02 PM
    The twitter blackberry support, just replied with "please contact the vendor of the software".
    My first request was about getting Anyconnect on my phone and how their press release said it would be released in early Jan 2015.
    They wasted 5 days of messaging and me sending them info, to finally just say contact the software vendor.

Sorry, but those guys are complete arseholes.

I sent them one final message to if they cant get me anyconnect I will contact verizon to get them to swap this z30 for an iphone.

I will also send one more email to the CEO address and see what he has to say about their ****ty support and why they wont get anyconnect on the blackberry.
    01-27-15 07:50 AM
    Blackberry wont help.
    I talked to Cisco. Their response is "We are planning to begin a beta in ~Feb 2015 (subject to change). The pre-requisite for the beta will be BB 10.3.1."

So basically my only option is complain with Verizon until they swap my phone for an iphone.
    I cant go with VPN any longer.
    01-28-15 10:42 AM
    R81984,
    I am having trouble waiting as well but thank you for this info. At least you were able to get an answer from Cisco that admits that they are actually going to do something (maybe?)!

Posted via CB10
    01-28-15 11:34 AM
    Complaining does pay off. They just sent me an email.
    Cisco Anyconnect beta has been released. See other thread.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe.../#post11369176
    02-19-15 11:54 AM