Kind of wondering why a Flashlight app needs to be in Beta Zone - seemingly forever - and by the very questionable "The Jared Company".

Sorry if I am wrong, but they don't seem to be actually Beta Testing the app - just using Beta Zone as a secondary avenue of distribution.
    Last edited by jhimmel; 01-17-15 at 05:45 AM.
    01-17-15 05:27 AM
    Why does a flashlight app even exist

Posted via CB10
    PHughes and pttptppt like this.
    01-17-15 05:40 AM
    If you are The Jared Company, my guess is it exists just to data-mine your phone and then spam you. Why someone needs to install a Flashlight App now, when it is built in to the latest OS, I can not answer.
    PHughes and GodGibson like this.
    01-17-15 05:44 AM
    If you are The Jared Company, my guess is it exists just to data-mine your phone and then spam you. Why someone needs to install a Flashlight App now, when it is built in to the latest OS, I can not answer.
    Have you downloaded it and checked the permissions to see if your "guess" is a correct one? I don't know what the app asks for in order to operate...

Posted via CB10
    01-17-15 11:43 AM
    The thieving company you mean
    01-17-15 11:45 AM
    Have you downloaded it and checked the permissions to see if your "guess" is a correct one? I don't know what the app asks for in order to operate...

Posted via CB10
    No, because I would not risk installing one of their apps again. Been there, done that.
    01-17-15 11:49 AM
    No, because I would not risk installing one of their apps again. Been there, done that.
    I see. So you don't really know, but you're...

Ah. Forget it. I'm out.

Take care. Good luck!

Posted via CB10
    01-17-15 11:52 AM
    I see. So you don't really know, but you're...

Ah. Forget it. I'm out.

Take care. Good luck!

Posted via CB10
    Right, I don't really know, which is why I said "My guess..." Not sure how you missed that. My guess is based on my own personal past experience with The Jared Company. There are also threads about the companies practices elsewhere in these forums.
    Good luck? Okay, thanks. Same to you!
    01-17-15 02:04 PM
    Right, I don't really know, which is why I said "My guess..." Not sure how you missed that. My guess is based on my own personal past experience with The Jared Company. There are also threads about the companies practices elsewhere in these forums.
    Good luck? Okay, thanks. Same to you!
    Obviously I didn't miss that since I put the word "guess" in quotation marks in my post. I don't know how you missed that myself! I just wanted to ask why you came to that conclusion about this specific app without knowing what it asks for. I personally did not know before, but I looked myself to find out a bit ago.

"My guess is that the iPhone6 is not secure. I haven't tried it to see for myself, but from my past experience with their other products and the numerous threads I see here, my guess is that they aren't." YSWIDT?

I don't think I stated anything that should offend your sensibilities. I think you would want to know the same if someone made the same statement about any other situation or subject. Don't be offended. Sorry!

I was just wondering what this thread is about or for. Is it just to gather torches and pitchforks for something someone is not sure about? I'm not saying you would agree with the permissions or if they are necessary. Maybe they are mining. But, I have more standing to ask being that at least I "actually" looked and sought the answer I was looking for. You did not...

It wasn't enough for you to let me bow out gracefully. SMH

Posted via CB10
    01-17-15 02:28 PM
    Obviously I didn't miss that since I put the word "guess" in quotation marks in my post. I don't know how you missed that myself! I just wanted to ask why you came to that conclusion about this specific app without knowing what it asks for. I personally did not know before, but I looked myself to find out a bit ago.
    I didn't come to any conclusion. I wagered a guess based on past experience with that company. An experience that has been corroborated by others.

"My guess is that the iPhone6 is not secure. I haven't tried it to see for myself, but from my past experience with their other products and the numerous threads I see here, my guess is that they aren't." YSWIDT?
    Yes, I see what you did there. You came up with something completely unrelated, and tried to make a point with it.

I don't think I stated anything that should offend your sensibilities. I think you would want to know the same if someone made the same statement about any other situation or subject. Don't be offended. Sorry!
    Offended? No, I am not the least bit offended by anything you have said so far.

I was just wondering what this thread is about or for. Is it just to gather torches and pitchforks for something someone is not sure about? I'm not saying you would agree with the permissions or if they are necessary. Maybe they are mining. But, I have more standing to ask being that at least I "actually" looked and sought the answer I was looking for. You did not...
    You seem to really like hyperbole. Not looking for pitchforks, or torches. very dramatic. I'm questioning why that flashlight app is sitting there for such a seemingly long period of time, from a company that has been shown to have questionable ethics and practices in my opinion. You are the one who seems to have gotten all riled up over it.

It wasn't enough for you to let me bow out gracefully. SMH
    If you wanted to "bow out gracefully", you could have cancelled your post. You left it there for whatever reason - especially that first hanging part... I responded, then you did, etc, etc... [shrug]
    01-17-15 03:03 PM
    Ahh. You know how all this sounds like, right? LOL. You're reaching.

No matter how you try to spin it, you have no idea what you're talking about when you chose not to do your homework. That's all. Own it. Lol

Torches and pitchforks...

Posted via CB10
    01-17-15 03:15 PM
    Ahh. You know how all this sounds like, right? LOL. You're reaching.

No matter how you try to spin it, you have no idea what you're talking about when you chose not to do your homework. That's all. Own it. Lol

Torches and pitchforks...

Posted via CB10
    Okay, your opinion is noted. Thanks.
    01-17-15 03:17 PM
    Okay, your opinion is noted. Thanks.
    Yawn.
    You're welcome.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-15 03:19 PM