When I listen music from youtube in BB browser, it plays while I read online news or do other things. However, my media player stops playing if I minimize it or close a cover of a z10's protective case. If I want this media player to play songs, I can't use other programs.

Why do they behave differently in the same OS 10.1.0.4543?
    07-07-13 10:02 AM
    First of all, the YouTube app is not an app. It's a web link to the mobile version of youtube.

Now, my Music app works fine. If I lock the device, it keeps playing. If I put the device into the leather holster, it keeps playing. If I switch apps, it keeps playing. It will stop playing if I:
    • Have nay other media running;
    • Close the app

Since there are no settings to control the bahaviour of the Music player, I'd suggest:

• Reboot: Hold you top buttom till you see the BB loading screen (ignore all prompts to reboot/turn off);
    • Update the OS

Either of these should make it issue go away, because it really should not be doing what you describe.
    07-07-13 10:32 AM
    I use Kalemsoft media player to play .flv files. When this app plays music, I can't minimize or do anything else because it'll pause the music. I basically have to let it run if I want to listen to music.
    07-08-13 06:41 AM
    When I listen music from youtube in BB browser, it plays while I read online news or do other things. However, my media player stops playing if I minimize it or close a cover of a z10's protective case. If I want this media player to play songs, I can't use other programs.

Why do they behave differently in the same OS 10.1.0.4543?
    It's up to the developer of the app what it does when you minimize it.

Posted via CB10
    diegonei likes this.
    07-08-13 10:44 AM