Hello,

Last week I was checking the BlackBerry World and I found WhozCalling available to download. I remember that during the BBOS days BlackBerry removed the app from the store due to some privacy issues. Did anyone try the new application available for BB10? The only problem I am having is that it is not displaying the Caller ID name when someone calls as it was on legacy BBOS.

Example on BBOS:

Download link:
    BlackBerry World - WhozCalling - Caller ID

Regards,
    Last edited by yam90; 09-13-13 at 01:39 AM.
    09-13-13 12:21 AM
    Perhaps they adjusted the app to address privacy concerns?
    09-13-13 03:53 PM
    Hello,

Last week I was checking the BlackBerry World and I found WhozCalling available to download. I remember that during the BBOS days BlackBerry removed the app from the store due to some privacy issues. Did anyone try the new application available for BB10? The only problem I am having is that it is not displaying the Caller ID name when someone calls as it was on legacy BBOS.
    Hmmm. I was interested, but after reading your review that it does not show the caller's name, it seems a bit counterproductive to me since according to the description that is supposed to be the primary function of the app. T-Mobile offers this service, but there is a monthly fee. I thought I could skirt around that with this, but if it doesn't work, well...

The description states that it only works for callers NOT in the contacts app. To be clear, this does not work for you?
    Last edited by MADBRADNYC; 09-13-13 at 06:05 PM. Reason: spell check
    09-13-13 05:55 PM
    Perhaps they adjusted the app to address privacy concerns?
    I don't think so. This feature is the main point of WhozCalling.

The description states that it only works for callers NOT in the contacts app. To be clear, this does not work for you?
    Correct.

Posted via CB10
    09-14-13 03:30 AM
    The app seems to be like a reverse lookup and it does not when you get a call.

Don't waste your time with this app. The Phone API does not allow application to capture the phone number or caller's name yet. Until BlackBerry get their act together you won't see any phone apps for while.
    MADBRADNYC and yam90 like this.
    09-14-13 10:16 AM
    The app seems to be like a reverse lookup and it does not when you get a call.

Don't waste your time with this app. The Phone API does not allow application to capture the phone number or caller's name yet. Until BlackBerry get their act together you won't see any phone apps for while.
    Advice surely taken. Thanks!
    I wish you could do all for my Z10 like you did for my BBOS devices...
    Can I hear some "Kool Sounds" for actions on my Z?
    I loved that!

I also would love for you to be the first to make a great call blocker app when the API's for the phone app are available. Please!
    09-14-13 01:39 PM
    Advice surely taken. Thanks!
    I wish you could do all for my Z10 like you did for my BBOS devices...
    Can I hear some "Kool Sounds" for actions on my Z?
    I loved that!

I also would love for you to be the first to make a great call blocker app when the API's for the phone app are available. Please!
    There was a reason I didn't make one for the BB. CityID has the patent on displaying city name and other info on the call screen.

I have some partial working sounds for locking and unlocking BB10 with Led Color Message app already.
    Still alot of stuff can't do on BB10 which BB had promised "it's" open. Yeah right.
    09-14-13 04:59 PM