Same here. Tried Cobalt store but uninstalled it. Snap is a quick, light weight native app. It serves my Google app needs completely.

Posted via CB10
    Same here (also). Snap is lightweight and simple as mentioned, just need someone to take over the project.
    Randal Yandal likes this.
    11-27-15 09:50 AM
    I just popped off a mesage to him via Email.
    Hello Mr Muir,

There is debate over on crackberry whether or not you have decided to provide a further update to 'snap'. Would you mind clearing this matter up for those of us interested?

Thanks again for all you have done and for your time involved.

rustybronco
    brookie229 and Randal Yandal like this.
    11-27-15 09:59 AM
    His screen name is Cobalt232, not Kobalt. Just to make searches fruitful (if anyone actually searches these days).
    Brain fart... thanks for the correction mate
    11-27-15 10:56 AM
    [citation needed]


    Feather.
    11-27-15 01:39 PM
    What funding method do you suggest for continued Snap development? KiclStarter? Patreon? Some other model? How much will people guarantee to kick in?

Posted via CB10
    11-27-15 04:51 PM
    What funding method do you suggest for continued Snap development? KiclStarter? Patreon? Some other model? How much will people guarantee to kick in?

Posted via CB10
    I'm still confused what other features people think they will get. Even with all the funds in the world, Google Play is a proprietary, closed system. What Snap does now is essentially all a 3rd party app can do.
    Last edited by conite; 11-27-15 at 09:18 PM.
    11-27-15 05:38 PM
    What confuses me are the people who supposedly have no interest at all in Snap, and see no need for it, and yet can't seem to keep themselves from hanging around in this thread and continuing to comment.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-15 07:22 PM
    What confuses me are the people who supposedly have no interest at all in Snap, and see no need for it, and yet can't seem to keep themselves from hanging around in this thread and continuing to comment.

Posted via CB10
    Actually, as I said earlier, if your needs are very basic, and Snap works for you, then that's awesome.

My question was honest. I'm curious to find out what other features people would like and think can be achieved with the app. Perhaps some UI polish? A background task that periodically polls Google Play Store and sends update notifications to the hub?
    11-27-15 09:29 PM

Posted via CB10
    Exactly

Posted via CB10
    11-28-15 12:31 AM
    My preference has always been to straight up use Snap as well. No offense to Cobalt, I just like Snap better - from speed, to responsiveness to ease of use. I like the ease of managing accounts and to rely on Android as little as possible. I only use Android as a last resort.

I'm sure some devs in the community would be happy to carry it forward. However, to be honest, it doesn't really lack anything for my needs . So I wouldn't probably have much I'd improve on myself.

Posted to CB via my Passport | Lloyd Summers | FileArchiveHaven
    brookie229 and Randal Yandal like this.
    11-28-15 02:15 AM
    Actually, as I said earlier, if your needs are very basic, and Snap works for you, then that's awesome.

My question was honest. I'm curious to find out what other features people would like and think can be achieved with the app. Perhaps some UI polish? A background task that periodically polls Google Play Store and sends update notifications to the hub?
    I appreciate this comment and would agree that RIGHT NOW there is really nothing to add to Snap, at least nothing that I can think of right now. Maybe some UI polish as you suggest. Personally, I'm not even interested in update notifications to the hub. I still prefer the 2.0.0.2 version versus the v3 Beta. I just think Mr. Muir did a great job with Snap and I thank him very much for the efforts. Not to slight Cobalt either because his work is excellent as well, just not needed for my simple GP needs.

Posted via CB10
    11-28-15 08:56 AM
    To answer your question, I'm pretty happy with it as it is right now. I know the developer had some things he wanted to improve, that is why the next version was in beta. However, what I like about Snap is in fact it's basic simplicity. Perfect for someone with a small handful of free Android apps that need to be downloaded or updated from time to time. I'm sure there are improvements that could be made - there always are, but it is serving me well already.

Posted via CB10
    11-28-15 09:08 AM
    @conite snap works great for me personally and has been a godsend! - this thread's just promped me to donate $10 for the app as it stands. If people want more from it, I'd guess they can demonstrate it by donating more.

Posted via CB10
    Randal Yandal likes this.
    11-28-15 04:37 PM
    @conite snap works great for me personally and has been a godsend! - this thread's just promped me to donate $10 for the app as it stands. If people want more from it, I'd guess they can demonstrate it by donating more.

Posted via CB10
    +1000

Posted via CB10
    11-28-15 07:13 PM
    Brain fart... thanks for the correction mate
    At my age "farts" occur too frequently....brain or otherwise.
    11-29-15 07:23 AM
65 123