Hi everyone!

I've just realized that I, somehow, forgot to introduce one of my apps here at the CrackBerry forums! I don't know how that could've happened?! Anyway, following the description from the BlackBerry World:

Where is the next ...? You know this question, when you are on the road? If you are in your hometown, on a trip, even in another country, WhereIs...? knows the extensive answer to what is where around you in the perimeter. If you are searching for the next restaurant, bar or a certain shop, this app will show you the next good party-location, the best restaurant and saves you the time to find a friendly local. As of today you only need WhereIs...? to know the place.

WhereIs...? is a completely native app for BlackBerry10 and accesses anonymously FourSquare to show you in neatly arranged and pleasant style the local points of your current interest. You not only find comments from users in regards to the location, it will also be displayed in the maps of BlackBerry10 and allow for optimal navigation to the target.

WhereIs...? is the perfect companion for each trip, nevermind where you go to.

Features:

- Completely native programmed BlackBerry10 app
    - No FourSquare account required and complete anonymous search
    - Preparation of FourSquare data to the well known filters food, party, fun and shops in neatly arranged lists
    - Graphical display of list-elements on the interactive BlackBerry10 map including navigational Support
    - Search-mask with exact categories and radius-limiter
    - FourSquare user tips, pictures and info to locations nicely readable prepared and easily accessible over the map or the app-menu
    - List-sorting of locations in relation to current position
    - Implementation of locations as targets to BlackBerry10 maps and navigation

DISCLAIMER:
    The developer can not provide warranty nor guarantee for completeness in display of the provided data. In countries with uncomplete digitalization of map material there is a chance of gaps in the display coverage. We want to advice you in case of gaps to contact either BlackBerry (uncomplete maps) or FourSquare (incomplete locations, missing locational info). This app only provides a display of data that is not controlled by the developer. The developer explicitely denies any accountability for the provided data displayed in this app.
    I've also attached a few screenshots to give you a first look at it. You can grab it here for just 0.99$ : WhereIs...? - BlackBerry World

If you have any questions, feature requests, issues or suggestions, I would love to hear about!

Best,
    Sven
    Attached Thumbnails WhereIs...? - Discover new places around!-img_20140517_123250.png   WhereIs...? - Discover new places around!-img_20140517_123257.png   WhereIs...? - Discover new places around!-img_20140517_123317.png   WhereIs...? - Discover new places around!-img_20140517_123405.png   WhereIs...? - Discover new places around!-img_20140517_123218.png  

QtHelex likes this.
    05-17-14 05:37 AM
    Oh this will come in handy! Thanks for supporting BB10!
    05-17-14 08:58 AM
    Hi there!

It has been quite some time, since this useful little app had seen an update. But today I'm happy to report about version 2.0 of WhereIs...? which has been approved earlier today!

Here is the changelog:
    • NEW: completely re-written user interface!
    • NEW: added signature actions
    • NEW: show surrounding pictures, with app Proximity Photos
    • NEW: more radiuses!
    • NEW: own radiuses for imperial measurement
    • NEW: app will be invoked as card by other apps!
    • NEW: app can be invoked from BlackBerry Maps! Just share a location to WhereIs...?
    • NEW: added czech translation, thanks to Vojta Dalekorej and Tom� Tihlař�k!
    • NEW: added french translation, thanks to Michael Halimi!
    • UPDATED: polnish translation, thanks to Jakub Cabak!
    • IMPROVED: optimized for OS 10.3.1+!
    • IMPROVED: overall performance of the user interface
    • BUGFIX: detecting user measurement system on first start, thanks to Marco Bavagnoli!

I really hope you like it! If you have any issues or suggestions, please let me know!

I've attached some screenshots of the new version to this post as well.

You can grab your copy here:
    https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...tent/41569892/

Best,
    Sven
    Attached Thumbnails WhereIs...? - Discover new places around!-z30_1.jpg   WhereIs...? - Discover new places around!-z30_2.png   WhereIs...? - Discover new places around!-z30_3.png   WhereIs...? - Discover new places around!-z30_4.png   WhereIs...? - Discover new places around!-z30_5.jpg  

WhereIs...? - Discover new places around!-z30_6.png   WhereIs...? - Discover new places around!-pp_1.jpg   WhereIs...? - Discover new places around!-pp_2.jpg   WhereIs...? - Discover new places around!-pp_3.jpg   WhereIs...? - Discover new places around!-pp_4.jpg  

WhereIs...? - Discover new places around!-pp_5.jpg  
    09-30-15 07:17 AM
    Czech language in app does not work.
    09-30-15 10:06 AM
    Yeah, but it will be fixed very very soon. :-)
    09-30-15 10:09 AM
    Yeah, there is a little issue regarding all translations. I've already submitted an update earlier today. Sorry!

Best,
    Sven
    09-30-15 10:13 AM
    Fixed version (2.0.0.1) is available on the BBW. :-)
    09-30-15 10:24 AM
    Hi there!

Today BlackBerry approved version 2.1 of WhereIs...? Here is the changelog:

• NEW: integrated my new app Ambient Details for Wikipedia articles at your current location!
    • NEW: added ability to select positioning method (gps, wifi or cellular)
    • IMPROVED: updated viatnamese translation (thanks to Trương Th�nh Tấn!)
    • IMPROVED: added new icon to map
    • BUGFIX: fixed issue with not scaled images in image list
    • BUGFIX: some lines in details view shouldn't be cut off any more

Best,
    Sven
    10-29-15 05:37 AM