Who knows.. WIthin a year, everyone may be using BBM heh..
    02-11-13 06:07 AM
    please! I give money to you! You give me the app in time! Instead to give a lot of money to Alicia Keys (why? why? why?) exRIM could give a lot of money to developers!
    Isn't $3.5 million to developers in the port-a-thon "a lot of money"?
    02-11-13 06:07 AM
    yeah i know...at least we knew it's coming at the first beginning, not like wp users who'd been suffering the depression of uncertainty
    02-11-13 06:26 AM
    Isn't $3.5 million to developers in the port-a-thon "a lot of money"?
    Yes. They spend $3.5 millions to thon of crap. We need in 50-100 high quality NATIVE apps, not 70.000 one-two screen android apps.
    02-11-13 06:44 AM
    Wait, so why was a link never posted to this article? Someone care to post a link to the article that supposedly says whatsapp is no longer coming to bb10, please?

Or maybe that guy was reading old news from when whatsapp had said that they wouldn't support BB10 before changing their mind?
    02-11-13 07:28 AM
    We'll if he hasn't posted a link till now he's probably just full of crap.

I just read another post off the blackberry forums with some guy saying the official release is gonna be out on Feb 14th. but that could be a load of crap too lol

We'll have to just wait and see. Seriously people just use the PORT for now, it does the job. Whatsapp will release eventually.
    02-11-13 10:18 AM
    To be clear,

It seems the BAR I have doesn't work properly on Z10.

It works fine on my main dev alpha (not my backup_ *but* I've made non-standard patches to the OS. So hopefully it means an OS update could fix the issues.

But yes it connects to contacts. But not sure why - I've installed a lot of loaders to mess with my android side though.

Sent from my BlackBerry S10 using Tapatalk Touch Beta
    02-11-13 01:36 PM
    My best bet WhatsApp will come in 3-5 months.

Even rims own blackberry travel isn't there. Don't count on quick apps inflow.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-11-13 01:46 PM
    I just emailed the guys at Whatsapp and they said that a native Whatsapp app for BB10 is currently in the works
    02-11-13 07:39 PM
    I just emailed the guys at Whatsapp and they said that a native Whatsapp app for BB10 is currently in the works
    yeah but what does "Currently in the Works" mean? It doesn't hint to anything other than it's coming for sure. BlackBerry already announced their commitment. No time period but in excited that it is at least a native app.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-11-13 08:00 PM
    Well, that email was sent to a lot if people, and it indicated more than just commitment to a *native* app. It also said that they would have more information *shortly*
    02-11-13 08:28 PM
    would you tell me how please
    02-13-13 06:21 AM
    How to download the android version of whatsapp??
    02-13-13 06:25 AM
    You didn't understand the point!.... If I'm blackberry and I want to recover lost users, well I wait to release the new platform, until all things are ready! anyway, this is my opinion! and I want say it! full stop!

instead, we will be condemned to do upgrade and upgrade and wait and upgrade.....
    Uh, when did you get your first smartphone and who made it? I'm gonna assume you didn't get one of the first iPhones or Android phones...

Someone said you should just return your Z10 and go back to your previous smartphone (or if you're Apple, check out Android, or vice versa). I think that's probably a good idea, this is a brand new phone on a brand new operating system so you'll probably find the experience frustrating. Just a suggestion of course. Or, be prepared to wait a several months as the BlackBerry World slowly fills up. That's just a fact of life I'm afraid.
    02-13-13 07:41 AM
    How to download the android version of whatsapp??
    Here's a link to a Crackberry article on sideloading. If you have Windows, the process is simple. On Macs I understand it's slightly more work (not difficult, just have to do more manually).

Mac Guide To Sideloading: How to put Android apps onto your BlackBerry 10 phone (Mac Guide) | CrackBerry.com
    Windows Guide to Sideloading: How to put Android apps onto your BlackBerry 10 phone (Windows Guide) | CrackBerry.com

Also, here's a link to All Crackberry Hints and Tips for your new phone! Congrats!

Help, How-To & Tips | CrackBerry.com
    02-13-13 07:47 AM
    Hopefully they are quicker at developing than Viber.
    02-13-13 08:36 AM
    Before launching a phone the BlackBerry team should have work on the software first. This is a massive disappointment for the devoted users of BB. No Skype, no WhatsApp and no viber what a sham. The programmers of BlackBerry is on a coffee break.
    02-14-13 08:55 AM
    Before launching a phone the BlackBerry team should have work on the software first. This is a massive disappointment for the devoted users of BB. No Skype, no WhatsApp and no viber what a sham. The programmers of BlackBerry is on a coffee break.
    As has been stated several times in this thread, it is the developers at Skype, WhatsApp and Viber who have been slow rather than Blackberry.
    02-14-13 09:06 AM
    Please feel free to send them (App developpers) an email. Blackberry is not the responsible of the situation or at least the main one.
    02-14-13 09:13 AM
    The news was posted on one of the newspapers in U.A.E (Dubai), dont have the clip but will search and post here.
    02-21-13 04:04 AM
    Wow. BlackBerry has been courting developers for over a year. They started with development tools back in 2011, added a BBJam to BlackBerry World conference last spring (giving developers Dev Alphas), holding hackathons and BBJam events all over the world. Their efforts have brought over 70k apps at launch, and have reported submissions of 1000 apps a day since. Skype and WhatsApp have both said they will have BB10 apps available. FaceFlow came out with their BB10 app before releasing for android or iOS. EA has several games that have been released just this week.

The only issue I've heard about Skype is the version they will be releasing will require an updated Android Player, which is has been reported to hopefully be ready by the US release. My hope is that Skype will show up in BlackBerry World right after they release a BB10 update.

Would it have been nice to have Skype and WhatsApp available at launch? Of course. But it is more about the software companies looking at how BB7 declined and arriving late as excitement over BB10 grows.
    SnoozerBold likes this.
    02-21-13 06:19 AM
    All,
    send an email to [email protected] and [email protected] .
    Put pressure on developers!!
    We understand reasons like "time,hard work to implement...etc etc", but Whatsapp is the most important app to stay connected with others platforms!!
    That's my point of view and I'll work in this way....

Alex
    02-22-13 07:53 AM
    just read todays news which said probably there wont be any whatsapp on the new BB Z10 whatsoever, seems BB is scared or insecure of whatsapp gaining more popularity ????
    Could you point us in the direction that you got this information from?
    Because as it stands more then one person has contacted WhatsApp, and they confirmed it was coming soon. Personally I think that the big name apps are going to roll out around the US launch.
    But this is WhatsApp's official response:
    blakobecwa and chrissmartin like this.
    02-23-13 07:18 AM
    The news was posted on one of the newspapers in U.A.E (Dubai), dont have the clip but will search and post here.
    This might be applicable to the UAE only, I know my cousin lives in Dubai is on an OS7 device and they cant upgrade their BBM to a version that includes BBM VoiceChat. Thats got to do with regulations in the country, nothing to do witititit BB
    02-23-13 07:42 AM
    Wasn't it comfirmed via twitter yesterday that Whatsapp would be here in March? Check Alec Saunders twitter....
    02-23-13 08:03 AM
130 ... 3456