i also cant wait for the native whatsaoo... i have sideloadoed the android version and it works ok.. and i use that term loosely.. just ok... it works only if whatsapp is open and remains open as an active frame.. then you will get a notification if you are sent a message... otherwise nada...10 hours later you might get a notification in the notificatyons section of the hub saying you were messaged (when whatsapp is closed)

contrary to what i thought.. sideloading is not a good solution... we really need the native version asap...
    You must be using an old version of whatsapp? Mine integrates with the hub and shows notifications in real time even when the app is not open/active
    02-04-13 08:36 AM
    What version you using ?
    02-04-13 08:42 AM
    You must be using an old version of whatsapp? Mine integrates with the hub and shows notifications in real time even when the app is not open/active
    Does your version still lack the ability to check your address book to see what contacts are using WhatsApp?
    02-04-13 08:42 AM
    You didn't understand the point!.... If I'm blackberry and I want to recover lost users, well I wait to release the new platform, until all things are ready! anyway, this is my opinion! and I want say it! full stop!
    I understand fine - you are unhappy that WhatsApp is not available on the BB10 platform as you use it regularly and you feel that BlackBerry should in some way have ensured that it was available to you upon the launch of their new, next generation, totally non-backwards compatible operating system. Despite the fact that they do not own the code for said application, nor have any way to force the owners to release the application.

Unfortunately / Fortunately for yourself you are not, in fact, BlackBerry and as such have no means to fully understand their motives nor intentions. Instead you seem to want to post superfluous comments onto an open forum about a platform which is less than 1 week old.

instead, we will be condemned to do upgrade and upgrade and wait and upgrade.....
    Last time I checked, in the UK, there is no contract available in general circulation which requires you to upgrade at any point. So I suggest, as previously stated, that you remain using your existing handset until the combination of handset & applications that you require exists in the market.
    02-04-13 09:07 AM
    As someone who works in retail I may have some insight into complaints like this. Constantly customers will direct complaints to a retail location for something completely out of our control, and blame us for the quality of a product. How is my store supposed to control the quality of a product we don't make? The only solution for our reputation would be to not carry a bum product. This cannot be the case with BlackBerry because WhatsApp has a HUGE demand from its users.

Here's my point: Why are we blaming BlackBerry ('retailer') for something WhatsApp ('manufacturer') is doing? I agree that this is a legitimate complaint, but we KNOW there was a pre-existing contract with BlackBerry and WhatsApp... do you REALLY think that BlackBerry were the ones to go "Oh, I guess we don't need your app on our new phones.. oh well". HELLS no! They've probably been pushing like mad-men to get WhatsApp to commit to BB10. It's WhatsApp that was sitting there saying "Well, I GUESS we'll develop an app for your phone... But it won't be ready for launch". This deliberately puts BB in EXACTLY the position they're in now. Not having a key app at launch. It's ALMOST sabotage.

So, instead of blaming BlackBerry for something WhatsApp clearly did (Considering how many apps BB DID get for launch), Let's knock on WhatsApp's door and give them ****.
    02-04-13 09:57 AM
    How and where do I get the latest Whatsapp for sideloading?
    02-04-13 10:09 AM
    Boring.... simply buy a phone that has what you want if you cannot wait for an announced app....waste of a thread for me... just killed 5 minutes of my life...
    xiaohuaxing and Firaaz like this.
    02-04-13 10:18 AM
    Boring.... simply buy a phone that has what you want if you cannot wait for an announced app....waste of a thread for me... just killed 5 minutes of my life...
    Then why are you even making a comment? Just leave man. You make your self look stupid by writing this comment.
    CrackFachry and jdhooghe like this.
    02-04-13 10:20 AM
    As someone who works in retail I may have some insight into complaints like this. Constantly customers will direct complaints to a retail location for something completely out of our control, and blame us for the quality of a product. How is my store supposed to control the quality of a product we don't make? The only solution for our reputation would be to not carry a bum product. This cannot be the case with BlackBerry because WhatsApp has a HUGE demand from its users.

Here's my point: Why are we blaming BlackBerry ('retailer') for something WhatsApp ('manufacturer') is doing? I agree that this is a legitimate complaint, but we KNOW there was a pre-existing contract with BlackBerry and WhatsApp... do you REALLY think that BlackBerry were the ones to go "Oh, I guess we don't need your app on our new phones.. oh well". HELLS no! They've probably been pushing like mad-men to get WhatsApp to commit to BB10. It's WhatsApp that was sitting there saying "Well, I GUESS we'll develop an app for your phone... But it won't be ready for launch". This deliberately puts BB in EXACTLY the position they're in now. Not having a key app at launch. It's ALMOST sabotage.

So, instead of blaming BlackBerry for something WhatsApp clearly did (Considering how many apps BB DID get for launch), Let's knock on WhatsApp's door and give them ****.
    BlackBerry should have been shoving incentives at WhatsApp to get this app ready for launch. It is the most popular cross-platform messenger solution in the world. The ex-BBM users have flocked to it and if they return to a BlackBerry device they'll be SOL for trying to communicate with their contacts in the manner they are used to (Don't even try to use the excuse that they could just use SMS).

BlackBerry may have had many apps a launch but i found none of them to be useful. None of my most used apps are offered nor are the vast majority of the most popular apps from Android or iOS. Quantity is not greater than quality at this point for BlackBerry.
    02-04-13 12:24 PM
    You can buy the phone now, I have to wait till March 27th. You get to work out the deficiencies, I hopefully get a phone that has these things addressed at launch. Pick your poison! RIM was pretty clear at the launch event that Whatsapp was coming, but not there at launch.
    bobauckland likes this.
    02-04-13 02:14 PM
    please share what version of whatsapp your using to sideload... it would help a lot of people out.. and post where u got it as well.

thanks
    02-04-13 03:15 PM
    I'm chomping at the bit for whatsapp too. For now I'm holding on to my 9900 for whatsapp purposes. Blackberry says it's going tomhappen and so it's going to happen. I'm not too bothered asI know this is only a temporary situation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    02-04-13 03:19 PM
    Does your version still lack the ability to check your address book to see what contacts are using WhatsApp?
    Yeah, i gotta get them to message me for them to appear in chat window - Not sure on the version I have like 5 diff ones, this is the latest though I think for the .bar version
    02-04-13 05:35 PM
    I feel like Whatsapp, and other big name apps will make their debut tomorrow!! Would make sense to release it when its released in Canada...at least this is my high hopes since I will have the phone tomorrow and would love to hear these apps be there!
    02-04-13 06:20 PM
    I'm chomping at the bit for whatsapp too. For now I'm holding on to my 9900 for whatsapp purposes. Blackberry says it's going tomhappen and so it's going to happen.
    Ah but based on past experience that doesn't mean it is going to happen anytime soon.
    02-04-13 08:51 PM
    Ah but based on past experience that doesn't mean it is going to happen anytime soon.
    This is true, but it's uncertainty about whether it's coming at all that'll make it worse for me. That's not the case here so it's something I can deal with :-)

02-05-13 01:42 AM
    as in subject....when will there be whatsapp on Z10 (BB10)?
    it's unacceptable that there isn't yet! I bought a new phone with less apps than the old one!
    What do I tell to my contacts?! .."Sorry, but exRIM dosen't do yet the basic apps for his new platform!....please, wait....about 5/6 months"

It's unbelievable....
    Don't blame Blackberry, instead try and email the developer of whatsapp to get a release date.
    Here is what you can tell your contacts, Switch over to Blackberry 10 phones, They have amazing app already called BBM similar to Whatsapp. Yet with more unique feature like BBM Voice call & BBM Video call and you can screen share.
    pcguy514 likes this.
    02-05-13 01:59 AM
    Don't blame Blackberry, instead try and email the developer of whatsapp to get a release date.
    Here is what you can tell your contacts, Switch over to Blackberry 10 phones, They have amazing app already called BBM similar to Whatsapp. Yet with more unique feature like BBM Voice call & BBM Video call and you can screen share.
    That'll come aross as arrogance even if it is well meaning. It's akin to mac users being told "get a pc" for every little setback. Nothing is more irritating.

02-05-13 02:21 AM
    BBM is light years better than whatsapp... Screw Whatsapps seriously!!! Theyre so un-supportive of BB!!!
    02-05-13 02:37 AM
    Plus the new version they will probably charge for it now after the free period.
    02-05-13 02:58 AM
    Don't hey already charge 69p after a year?

02-05-13 03:10 AM
    So many new CB forums users that are "upset"...
    02-05-13 03:10 AM
    No they dont charge.

There was a rumour down here that they would start charging so i emailed them and they confirmed that it is free.

Regarding the whatsapp issue, I would be annoyed if i didnt have it because of my certain friends with android and iOS devices, but luckily I have three phones with whatsapp. I wouldn't say BB10 needs whatsapp but it would be a shocker if they didnt get it. #JustSayin
    02-05-13 04:13 AM
    Exactly the correct approach - let WhatsApp see the demand and then they will be more eager to get the code finished. Does anyone have an email address we can all use to get in touch with WhatsApp..?

I don't think anyone in a business setting would say this, but then I don't think anyone in business should be using WhatsApp... I big up the Z10 where possible as I do think it is a really great device.
    02-05-13 05:34 AM
    Sent off at tweet this morning to WhatsApp. How about everyone here harrasses them VIA twitter? :P @WhatsApp
    Chrisd534 likes this.
    02-05-13 11:24 AM
130 1234 ...