now that the one advantage of whatsapp (hub integration) is gone...its literally a relief to be done with that evil app from our unfriends at facebook. telegram is 1000x better, and the unofficial client challegram is super lightweight and fast...looks great on bb10 too. why anyone would still use whatscrapp is beyond me. telegram even works cross-platform, without losing your messages. tell your friends to move. if they ask why, point them here:
    https://telegram.org/faq#general

Posted via CBX
    Last edited by wingnut666; 01-15-18 at 01:23 PM.
    01-15-18 12:22 PM
    I tried to change the rest of the family to use this instead of WA but not working. I guess they just have too many friends on it and don't want to change.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-18 12:59 PM
    I have many friends moved over to Telegram and they wonder why they even use Whatsapp in the first place
    MBrettH likes this.
    01-15-18 01:14 PM
    I have many friends moved over to Telegram and they wonder why they even use Whatsapp in the first place
    All your "friends" are deep cover operatives... attempting to bring down THE EMPIRE. LOL

Happy New Year Passporter. Two weeks late
    The_Passporter likes this.
    01-15-18 01:41 PM
    i cant believe the stuff i've learned about whatsapp since installing telegram. the world is a scary place indeed.
    avoid 99% of apps, and any american platforms...if you can.

Posted via CBX
    01-15-18 05:26 PM
    i cant believe the stuff i've learned about whatsapp since installing telegram.
    Such as?
    01-15-18 06:01 PM
    But I always wear a tinfoil hat whenever I use WhatsApp. That should keep me safe and my communication secure, right? 😁
    01-15-18 06:07 PM
    ya, well, i've been using telegraph for some time. unfortunately, most of the people prefer not to think about it refuse to move over. it must be fb crowd, as it seems whatsapp is getting more and more widespread, like a virus. even people who barely know how to use a smartphone are now sending wp messages. sure, there are better options, but as you well know there are better phones than rotten apples & droids. yet, here we are - with bb on a brink ...
    01-15-18 07:20 PM
    read Pavel Durov's blog. he's the russian Snowden. a hero for the ages.
    it goes far beyond which is the better app, which telegram is by far.

Posted via CBX
    01-15-18 07:22 PM
    i.e installed a 'droid whatsapp today and my so's name was displayed with a phone# we did not recognize. searched my bb and found there was a very old note with this phone number, totally unrelated. just a not, not even an address book entry. guess what? whatsapp/fb/zukerman&co mined all data from bb phone. . who needs personal privacy when they "make america great again".
    01-15-18 07:31 PM
    i.e installed a 'droid whatsapp today and my so's name was displayed with a phone# we did not recognize. searched my bb and found there was a very old note with this phone number, totally unrelated. just a not, not even an address book entry. guess what? whatsapp/fb/zukerman&co mined all data from bb phone. . who needs personal privacy when they "make america great again".
    I'm good with America being great again. How's WhatsApp going to help with this objective?
    BerryRipe likes this.
    01-15-18 07:37 PM
    I'm good with America being great again. How's WhatsApp going to help with this objective?
    youre missing the joke...when was it ever great? its been a steady slide into the abyss.

Posted via CBX
    jemjs likes this.
    01-15-18 07:44 PM
    difference lies in defining great. whatsapp objective is clear. their version of great: collecting & selling personal info they have no rights to, to the highest bidder, and on a side, bringing in millions from deeply divisive adds (google fb and russia).
    01-15-18 08:06 PM
    youre missing the joke...when was it ever great? its been a steady slide into the abyss.

Posted via CBX
    Always been great to me. Just we can make it even better.
    BerryRipe and MBrettH like this.
    01-15-18 08:12 PM
    Always been great to me. Just we can make it even better.
    hows the air in that bubble, bubble boy?

Posted via CBX
    LSDBerry likes this.
    01-15-18 08:21 PM
    i.e installed a 'droid whatsapp today and my so's name was displayed with a phone# we did not recognize. searched my bb and found there was a very old note with this phone number, totally unrelated.
    I'm not sure I follow, WhatsApp pulls contact info directly from the phone's address book. They aren't tied to your profile or user account.
    01-15-18 09:12 PM
    yes, thats what thought ; what whatsapp wants us to believe. however, as we discovered today - thats not exactly how it behaves. when it displayed some strange phone#, we did not recognize the number. searched the phone's address book and could not find it. found it elsewhere with some random notes and my so's name. bingo
    moral of this story: dont think whatsapp only limits itself to contacts info. it grabs all it can. remember all the permissions you must give. all of them. welcome to the brave 'droid world.
    01-15-18 09:33 PM
    hows the air in that bubble, bubble boy?

Posted via CBX
    Everything's fine here. Why?
    BerryRipe likes this.
    01-16-18 10:15 AM
    Everything's fine here. Why?
    everything is most definitely not fine, Chuck.

Posted via CBX
    01-16-18 02:04 PM
    everything is most definitely not fine, Chuck.

Posted via CBX
    From where I'm at, everything's fine to me. Could be a lot better, however, I'll do what I can to make it better for me and my family. In the last year, I've survived a hurricane and my family is healthy and fed. Business is better than last year and I should make enough money to pay for my kids' needs again.

Not sure what else I need to be fine.
    MBrettH likes this.
    01-16-18 02:12 PM
    ok. happy for you.
    Last edited by wingnut666; 01-16-18 at 04:44 PM.
    01-16-18 02:24 PM
    ok. happy for you.
    You didn't need to edit your comment. It was fine. I can throw it and take it. That's why I come here. This is my social media. LOL
    BerryRipe likes this.
    01-16-18 05:12 PM
    You didn't need to edit your comment. It was fine. I can throw it and take it. That's why I come here. This is my social media. LOL
    i waited until i was pretty sure you'd read it. this stuff sticks around, so i figured i'd replace it. cheers.

Posted via CBX
    01-16-18 08:09 PM
    I tried to change the rest of the family to use this instead of WA but not working. I guess they just have too many friends on it and don't want to change.

Posted via CB10
    That's why BBM died too.

Doesn't really matter what's the best app or platform, what matters is what everyone you want to talk to is using.
    01-17-18 07:11 AM
    That's why BBM died too.

Doesn't really matter what's the best app or platform, what matters is what everyone you want to talk to is using.
    i tried to educate people on several threads about the pitfalls of whatsapp.....lesson learned....by me!

Posted via CBX
    01-17-18 08:52 AM
56 123