Finally it's out of beta, the new WhatsApp is here, ability to hide last seen status and dark theme!
    PS- Please don't kill me for the post, I still am a bigger fan of BBM, just spreading the information!

WhatsApp Updated-img_20140312_105754.png

WhatsApp Updated-img_20140312_110043.png

Posted via CB10
    cuek80 likes this.
    03-12-14 04:01 AM
    Here are some screenshots

WhatsApp Updated-img_20140312_110313.png

WhatsApp Updated-img_20140312_110411.png

Posted via CB10
    03-12-14 04:05 AM
    Updating now, thanks for the heads up!

Posted via My Beast Q10
    03-12-14 04:13 AM
    I in Italy still haven't received update
    03-12-14 04:31 AM
    Thanks. Updating now. I didn't get info by AppWorld.
    03-12-14 05:07 AM
    Updated, thanks for the info
    03-12-14 06:04 AM
    thanks for the heads up
    03-12-14 06:09 AM
    WhatsApp Updated-img_20140312_101500.png

Posted via CB10
    03-12-14 06:16 AM
    "Privacy settings" and "whatsapp" on the same page... that's something new!

Posted via CB10
    rashidJkhan69 likes this.
    03-12-14 06:35 AM
    not available in germany so far
    03-12-14 07:06 AM
    "Privacy settings" and "whatsapp" on the same page... that's something new!

Posted via CB10
    Haha, nice

Posted via CB10
    03-12-14 08:20 AM
    Welcome all
    I too didn't get notified, just that I have a habit of manually checking for updates, first thing I do once I'm up

Posted via CB10
    03-12-14 08:21 AM
    The dark theme is the worst thing they have added it to this update

The reason:

It just works in the app that means that there's no dark what's app hub theme

Hopefully they'll fix that

From my lovely BlackBerry z10
    03-12-14 08:39 AM
    i dont know about you guys, but I wont install WhatsApp out of principle.
    03-12-14 09:38 AM
    Welcome all
    I too didn't get notified, just that I have a habit of manually checking for updates, first thing I do once I'm up

Posted via CB10
    Exact same here

Posted via My Beast Q10
    03-12-14 10:29 AM
    The dark theme is the worst thing they have added it to this update

The reason:

Hopefully they'll fix that

When u open a whatsapp chat through the hub, the chat IS in dark theme if you have it set.

Posted via My Beast Q10
    1oo1 likes this.
    03-12-14 10:30 AM
    That's not technically true. It does work in the hub. However, there's something you have to keep in mind... When you open a chat from the hub, its actually opening a *second* special "card" instance of the app. When you close that chat, it *pools* that instance, which means that its not actually closing it. Then, the next time you open a chat from the hub, it reuses it.

In other words, everyone who just tried to enable the dark theme probably did the following:
    1. Opened a chat from the hub, starting a "card" instance of the app
    2. Closed that chat, pooling the "card" instance
    3. Opened the normal app, and changed the setting
    4. Closed and reopened the normal app, seeing the theme change
    5. Opened another app from the hub, which reuses the same "card" instance of the app started in the first step.

So you do have to "close and reopen the app" for theme changes to take effect. However, closing and reopening a hub chat isn't actually shutting down and restarting anything. The instance of the app used in the hub will eventually get restarted, if the phone needs to free up memory or is rebooted. So you will eventually see the change there. Its just not immediate.

I know I'm not very good at explaining this in non-technical terms, so if anyone else can describe it better, please do.
    yvpan1 and hamode 192 like this.
    03-12-14 12:35 PM
    That's not technically true. It does work in the hub. However, there's something you have to keep in mind... When you open a chat from the hub, its actually opening a *second* special "card" instance of the app. When you close that chat, it *pools* that instance, which means that its not actually closing it. Then, the next time you open a chat from the hub, it reuses it.

In other words, everyone who just tried to enable the dark theme probably did the following:
    1. Opened a chat from the hub, starting a "card" instance of the app
    2. Closed that chat, pooling the "card" instance
    3. Opened the normal app, and changed the setting
    4. Closed and reopened the normal app, seeing the theme change
    5. Opened another app from the hub, which reuses the same "card" instance of the app started in the first step.

So you do have to "close and reopen the app" for theme changes to take effect. However, closing and reopening a hub chat isn't actually shutting down and restarting anything. The instance of the app used in the hub will eventually get restarted, if the phone needs to free up memory or is rebooted. So you will eventually see the change there. Its just not immediate.

I know I'm not very good at explaining this in non-technical terms, so if anyone else can describe it better, please do.
    in other words, before setting the background theme, CLOSE any OPENED whatsapp chat window in the Hub BEFORE applying the change otherwise it won't be reflected. once the change has been applied, CLOSE whatsapp *the app* and leave it for 2-3 seconds before trying to access any whatsapp chat window from the Hub then the dark theme will be applied to everything.
    03-13-14 12:22 AM
    Anyone see this ?

Security Consultant Says WhatsApp Messages May Not Actually Be Private

Users of the popular messaging platform WhatsApp — which was recently acquired by Facebook for $16 billion last month — may be facing a major security flaw.

According to security consultant Bas Bosschert (and reporters that first surfaced on Hacker News message forum), it's possible for others to access your private WhatsApp chats through downloaded Android apps.

When you use the app's built-in back-up mechanism — let's say to prevent losing messages after uninstalling/reinstalling the app or moving them to a new device — WhatsApp is allegedly using the same encryption code to protect you and everyone else (instead of creating a unique key for each user).

This means the back up is going to a database with insecure storage and the chats could potentially be read and stolen by another app. In theory, the developer behind another app could decrypt and ultimately gain access to those messages.

Bosschert notes on his website that the WhatsApp database is saved on your phone's SD card, which can be read by any Android app if a user gives it access to do so. This is a common practice in the app space (apps that want to store non-secure data would be interested), so if an app asks for SD card access many, in theory, would grant it.

WhatsApp has not yet responded to a request for comment.
    03-13-14 12:32 AM
    That's not technically true.....
    Thank you very much

That works

03-15-14 05:42 AM
    When u open a whatsapp chat through the hub, the chat IS in dark theme if you have it set.

Posted via My Beast Q10
    Yes CHAT is in Dark Theme when opened from d Hub if it is set in the App Settings. Like Text messages - SMS.

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.1.2228
    03-15-14 07:54 AM