Hi CrackBerry,

Got a quick one for you - I use WhatsApp very regularly, and am a member of various groups on there. Each group regularly shares pictures and videos. I reckon counting every group, there's probably about a hundred pictures a week and various videos shared.

I then bought a memory card to save the space of my poor device. I transferred everything to my memory card, and changed the settings in WhatsApp to save to memory card.

From that moment, my entire WhatsApp became slow. When I open the app, the list of chats take a while to load - the first chat appears, then a few seconds later the next, then the next and so on until all the chats load. I can't open any of the chats until at least 7-8 of the chats have finished loading and appearing.

So, just now, I transferred all WhatsApp media back to my device and changed my settings to save to device - the problem is that it's still slow!

I was wondering if anyone knows why? Do you think it's to do with memory at all? Or is it because I just generally have so many chats open?

Thanks guys, hope you can help!
    07-12-13 09:10 AM
    Did the speed resume when you removed the memory card? If so, try a faster card, make sure the card is a class 10 card.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-13 09:18 AM
    Did the speed resume when you removed the memory card? If so, try a faster card, make sure the card is a class 10 card.

Posted via CB10
    Hi MobileMadness002,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly

I haven't tried to remove the memory card, I assumed that changing the settings to device and moving the files to the device would be enough but I'll give that a try.

Also, the card is a SanDisk Mobile Ultra 32GB Micro SDHC UHS-I. On the memory card itself it has a (1), but I think this is referring to the Ultra speed, and thus is the equivilent if not faster than a class 10, I think...
    07-12-13 09:26 AM
    Okay, removed my memory card and done a battery pull.

WhatsApp is still extremely slow, so probably not the memory card. I'll wait another 15 minutes or so to let the device "boot", and try to open WhatsApp again to see if it still lags.
    07-12-13 09:34 AM
    Odd. If the card is not the issue that leaves the ever so drastic and unwanted secure wipe. Not sure if that would be worth it though. I do ruse wa myself so I am only going on standard ts processes.

Did ANYTHING else change around the same time as putting in the memory card?

Posted via CB10
    07-12-13 10:21 AM
    No, nothing else changed. Only WhatsApp is extremely slow. As I said I don't close my chats, may be that's it? I just didn't want to lose my chat history. If I close/delete a chat, the entire history is gone too.

I'm wondering if I've now built up so many open chats that it just lags to load them all
    07-12-13 10:29 AM