It appears that recently whatsapp is showing my contacts that I am 'online' when my phone is unattended/switched off.

Seems like a minor issue, maybe, but has caused me a bit of gried over the last day.

No-one ever mentioned it before with my previous phone(s). Something to do with BB10? Anyone else noticed this/had anyone tell them?

Posted via CB10
    07-17-13 06:00 PM
    07-17-13 06:25 PM
    I understand all that. My query was that my whatsapp seems to show my contacts I'm online when I'm not: ie. my phone is off or I'm asleep. Does the BB10 hub do something to show I might be 'online' when I'm not?

Again, I know it seems a small issue and it doesn't affect the functionality; whatsapp works fine, but it's caused me a few problems and want to know if I can stop it, or at least know what's happening.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-13 02:05 AM
    I have the same problem. Whenever someone would send me a message the sender would get a double check as if I had read it.

I think the problem does originate from the hub. Maybe the way it displays the message makes whatsapp think we read it.

Posted Via CB10 on my Sexy *** wifi calling enabled Q10
    MrRJ likes this.
    07-18-13 02:12 AM
    Whatsapp is garbage. I've already warned all my contacts that I'm ditching it as soon as bbm is released for the other platforms.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-13 02:13 AM
    I have the same problem. Whenever someone would send me a message the sender would get a double check as if I had read it.

I think the problem does originate from the hub. Maybe the way it displays the message makes whatsapp think we read it.

That was my thought too. I wondered if the way it pulls the message from whatsapp to the hub means it goes 'online' for a moment.

It's a P.I.T.A as girlfriend/friends think I'm there and are unhappy when they think I'm ignoring them.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-13 03:09 AM

1 check means sent, 2 checks means delivered

The only way of telling if they have read is if they are 'online', then you can assume they have read the message or chose to not open it

Posted via CB10
    kumilabs likes this.
    07-18-13 03:53 AM
    1 check means sent, 2 checks means delivered

The only way of telling if they have read is if they are 'online', then you can assume they have read the message or chose to not open it

Posted via CB10
    The second check only comes after the message is opened (read). Did a few tests and that's a read check not a delivered check.

07-18-13 07:25 AM
    The second check only comes after the message is opened (read). Did a few tests and that's a read check not a delivered check.
    According to WhatsApp, those double check marks mean delivered, not necessarily received:

www.whatsapp.com/faq/en/general/20951546
    07-18-13 07:49 AM
    According to WhatsApp, those double check marks mean delivered, not necessarily received:

www.whatsapp.com/faq/en/general/20951546
    Yeah I've read what they said but it doesn't seem to work that way. When testing with multiple phones around me the double check only shows when thr message is read.

For example I would send a message while the reciever was looking and responding to another user in whatsapp. They would get the notification but I would not see the double check until they've actually opened the message I sent.

07-18-13 07:53 AM
    Yeah I've read what they said but it doesn't seem to work that way. When testing with multiple phones around me the double check only shows when thr message is read.

For example I would send a message while the reciever was looking and responding to another user in whatsapp. They would get the notification but I would not see the double check until they've actually opened the message I sent.

I can send a message to anyone in my whatsapp and it double ticks instantly, obviously not all of them are opening the messages. It is definitely a delivered tick, here In the UK anyway

Posted via CB10
    07-18-13 08:14 AM