And that's where I disagree. You can keep at least some selected communications private without having to live in a cave, and there is a differing level of effort between securing something against bored teenager vs determined hacker vs government agency. If you don't care enough to even secure a system against the most casual of attackers that's a completely different thing to securing yourself from the NSA+CIA or FSB or People's External Security Service or what have you.
    funny because the casual attackers are actually the determined "hackers" as you call them.
    08-27-13 08:49 PM
    funny because the casual attackers are actually the determined "hackers" as you call them.
    the determined hackers I would categorize as those doing it for money or are attacking you specifically as opposed to looking for a random easy target and moving on if its not.
    Djlatino likes this.
    08-27-13 08:52 PM
    Why can't they use your number but when setting it up have it use an alias and this would be what you use and others see?
    that would be fine but a step better would be able to have several or many aliases that you could discard as needed.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9315 using Tapatalk
    kbz1960 likes this.
    08-27-13 09:10 PM
    Dude. You trolling around making sarcastic comments? You think your identity, communications, pictures, location, friends, etc. should all be available to the highest bidder, the FED, or whomever? You think there will never be a time you might be in court and someone mines all your internet posts and communications to demonstrate something about you that they're trying to prove? I have to be "wearing a tinfoil hat" just because I'm concerned about my privacy? Are you a little tool?

Via Z10 & CB10
    Yes I am a tool! Tools not toys remember? Trolololol

Posted via CB10
    08-28-13 06:52 AM
    I don't like how they identify you by your phone number and all your Whatsapp contacts can see it!
    This is THE reason I don't use WhatsApp.

@dunaway - Posted with TMO Q10 via CB10
    08-29-13 10:19 AM
    Yeah I've had this happen with some foreign college friends who left the country.

Don't worry, you quickly realize your buddy Ben isn't that girl with the skimpy dress and piercings that suddenly shows up in your Whatsapp 'favorites'.

Posted via CB10
    In that case, I don't think I would miss Ben at all

Posted from my Zed 10
    08-29-13 12:48 PM
31 12