Will WhatsApp get fully integrated into the hub?

I know it has push service but I still feel afraid to close the active frame as I'm not really sure I will get my messages..

BTW, every time you close the app and reopen it takes too long to start...

I wish everyone I know had BlackBerry's so BBM was the only way to go, but obviously not the case, therefore WhatsApp needs to step it up Pronto!!!

Just venting here... anyone have any info on how to set this app to work any better?

Posted via CB10
    03-25-13 05:45 AM
    Have been using the latest version since it was released last week. I close the app all the time. And only depended on the Hub to retrieve new messages and reply from there too. No issues.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-13 05:51 AM
    I've also noticed that trying to send a picture from OUTSIDE whatsapp, it doesn't really work, lags forever... only works to send pics directly from within whatsapp.....

Anyways, I've only really had the phone for 1-1/2 days... I guess ill give more time...
    03-25-13 06:03 AM
    I've also noticed that trying to send a picture from OUTSIDE whatsapp, it doesn't really work, lags forever... only works to send pics directly from within whatsapp.....

Anyways, I've only really had the phone for 1-1/2 days... I guess ill give more time...
    I just tested sending a picture in a whatsapp chat from the Hub. Seamless.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-13 06:12 AM
    i dont understand why people feel the need to download whatsapp? i got it free the app store anyway??
    03-25-13 06:16 AM
    i dont understand why people feel the need to download whatsapp? i got it free the app store anyway??
    cross platform chat service between iOS, Android, BB.'s etc..
    03-25-13 06:17 AM
    I just tested sending a picture in a whatsapp chat from the Hub. Seamless.

Posted via CB10
    yeah, I figured that, but one of the great features I enjoyed with my 9900 was that I could take a picture and share it from the picture app without having to go to that sharing app itself.. (facebook, whatsapp etc).
    03-25-13 06:19 AM
    Works exactly as that. I take a pic and then click Share. WhatsApp is in there.
    WhatsApp need an update!-img_00000303.png

Posted via CB10
    pandapurple likes this.
    03-25-13 06:44 AM
    yeah, I figured that, but one of the great features I enjoyed with my 9900 was that I could take a picture and share it from the picture app without having to go to that sharing app itself.. (facebook, whatsapp etc).
    Yes, you can. Whether it is a new picture that you have taken, or an existing picture in your phone or SD card, you can share directly via WhatsApp.

????
    03-25-13 07:14 AM
    Will WhatsApp get fully integrated into the hub?

I know it has push service but I still feel afraid to close the active frame as I'm not really sure I will get my messages..

BTW, every time you close the app and reopen it takes too long to start...

I wish everyone I know had BlackBerry's so BBM was the only way to go, but obviously not the case, therefore WhatsApp needs to step it up Pronto!!!

Just venting here... anyone have any info on how to set this app to work any better?

Posted via CB10
    Give it time. They need to have the relevant api from BlackBerry before it could be fully integrated.

Anyway, it does take a while to open, but its not that bad. If you want to see long, the WIndows Phone running WP7.5/7.8 is long. Not sure about WP8 since i have yet to try it yet. Even if I have it in my recently opened apps, it still take a while. The app is also buggy, and laggy, even when I last used it in decemeber last year, and the app has been on it for a while already then.

Sure it can use further improvements, but the performance of the app on BB10 has been pretty good imo already. We got an update from whatsapp to fix the contacts issue we had pretty quickly. I'm sure once the api opens up, we will see it being integrated shortly after.
    03-25-13 07:37 AM
    I've had a couple of contacts drop off the favorites list and I can't seem to get them back trying the previously suggested methods posted by users.

My phone contacts are synced from live.com (working) and I have the latest os10 and whatsapp ver.

Any suggestions to revive the whatsapp favorites back to a complete list?
    03-25-13 11:40 AM