Why is it in WhatsApp I only get my messages when I actually go in to the App itself. Basically what I'm trying to say is that if anyone sends me a message from my contacts on WhatsApp I don't get them if the phone is on a flat surface but when I go and pick up my phone and then go into WhatsApp itself I get all these missed messages that has come a while ago surely the reason for WhatsApp is for instant messaging. I never use to have this problem before, does anyone else experience this or are there any suggestions or advice of how I can rectify this. Many thanks any help will be greatly appreciated.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 09:45 AM
    Are you using the native Whatsapp app from BlackBerry World or the Android version or something? Seems you're not getting notifications.
    02-26-15 10:26 AM
    I'm using the one from BlackBerry World

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 10:46 AM
    Unfortunately, there are about a half-dozen totally different things that could actually be causing this issue, and the description doesn't really provide any clues as to which it is. In fact, any of these causes are likely to be described exactly the same way.

If this issue happens consistently, then there is a little experiment that I'd like you to run so that we can find out what's actually going on:
    - With your phone idle, and the app closed, have a message sent to your phone. Take note of the time.
    - If your phone doesn't generate any notifications after a minute or two, please swipe over to the hub and see if there is a row for that message's conversation. If so, see if that row shows a preview of the message that you were just sent. Do not actually open the conversation from the hub, but please take note of what the hub message list itself shows. Take note of the time.
    - Open the actual app, and now look for the message. Take note of the time.
    - Inside the app, swipe down from the top of the screen, tap "About", select "Contact Support", and describe everything you saw above in the message. Please provide the times of all the above events.
    - PM me with the ticket ID it sends back to you.

If anyone else is experiencing this issue, and I've seen plenty of reports about it, feel free to follow the same steps and provide me with more details.

There are many different things that could actually be going wrong. They include:
    - A (temporary) problem with your phone's network connection
    - A problem with your phone receiving push messages from our servers
    - A problem with the hub not accepting updates from our app
    - A problem with the hub not displaying updates from our app
    - A problem with the phone's notification service not generating notifications in response to hub updates from our app
    - A problem with notification settings on the phone

An issue with pretty much any one of these things would likely be described exactly the same way.
    02-26-15 10:55 AM
    OK will give that a try, thanks

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 12:51 PM
    Poor native apps, consume lots of battery and ram.
    02-26-15 01:08 PM
    I am experiencing the same problem since the latest upgrade.

Posted Via CB10 from my Z10 Running OS10.3.1.1949
    02-26-15 01:17 PM
    I thought I was the only one

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 01:36 PM
    Dkonigsberg_wa: thank you for an extremely, highly, remarkably, extraordinarily in-depth response.
    02-26-15 01:43 PM
    OK, have done what you advised, the app was closed and in the hub the message was delivered at 12:20 when I picked up the phone from being idle I didn't get any of the WhatsApp messages until 12:40. I then went into the app itself to reply to the messages that I had missed. I do have full reception on my phone. I don't use my phone data plan to use WhatsApp only over WiFi but that shouldn't be the problem because before I upgraded to the 10.3 software viruses BlackBerry I never use to have this problem.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-15 07:25 AM
    OK, have done what you advised, the app was closed and in the hub the message was delivered at 12:20 when I picked up the phone from being idle I didn't get any of the WhatsApp messages until 12:40. I then went into the app itself to reply to the messages that I had missed. I do have full reception on my phone. I don't use my phone data plan to use WhatsApp only over WiFi but that shouldn't be the problem because before I upgraded to the 10.3 software viruses BlackBerry I never use to have this problem.

Posted via CB10
    Please repeat the test and don't forget the last two steps (if you already did them, then please let me know):
    - Inside the app, swipe down from the top of the screen, tap "About", select "Contact Support", and describe everything you saw above in the message. Please provide the times of all the above events.
    - PM me with the ticket ID it sends back to you.

The whole point of this is so that I can look at the logs that get sent in when you use the in-app contact support feature, and match them up against your timeline and descriptions of what you saw.
    02-27-15 10:40 AM
    This has never happened to me before.. I read this thread this morning, and oddly enough, I've been sitting here with no messages for over an hour. I opened WhatsApp and all of a sudden, a sudden rush of messages catching up on itself. Odd?
    02-27-15 10:41 AM
    I assume you are saying that you don't get a push notification on the top of the screen when a message comes in?

If so, go to settings-> notifications-> (whichever profile you are currently using)-> customize app notifications-> whatsapp-> instant previews

make sure it is on.
    03-02-15 04:30 AM