Hi, I would like to close whatsapp in order to stop receive notification (like if the app would not be installed). To do this I opened the Device monitor, found whatsapp, long press on it and then closed it. But after a while I received notifications, I checked the Device monitor and whatsapp was opened. I repeated this operation few times but I was not able to solve the problem.
    I don't want to delete the app, but just don't want to receive the notifications while keeping other functions (mobile network) active.
    EDIT
    it's the native app (downloaded from BB world)
    Last edited by lucarossisp; 12-04-17 at 03:40 AM.
    12-03-17 10:03 PM
    Hi, I would like to close whatsapp in order to stop receive notification (like if the app would not be installed). To do this I opened the Device monitor, found whatsapp, long press on it and then closed it. But after a while I received notifications, I checked the Device monitor and whatsapp was opened. I repeated this operation few times but I was not able to solve the problem.
    I don't want to delete the app, but just don't want to receive the notifications while keeping other functions (mobile network) active.
    Native or Android app?
    12-03-17 10:29 PM
    Native or Android app?
    it's the native app (downloaded from BB world)
    12-04-17 03:41 AM
    This is not possible with native WhatsApp afaik. They use some special permissions other developers can't use that easily. The app is always going to restart itself eventually.

Via Pasta CB10
    12-04-17 04:21 AM
    This is not possible with native WhatsApp afaik. They use some special permissions other developers can't use that easily. The app is always going to restart itself eventually.

Via Pasta CB10
    Ah ok thank you, did not know about that. So if I install the android .apk I will be able to close the app, right?
    Last edited by lucarossisp; 12-04-17 at 01:01 PM.
    12-04-17 12:12 PM
    Is there not a way to turn off the notifications within the app itself?

Posted via CB10
    12-04-17 01:10 PM
    Is there not a way to turn off the notifications within the app itself?

Posted via CB10
    yes but I would like to block incoming messages (so that when someone send me a message he only see 1 tick)
    Last edited by lucarossisp; 12-04-17 at 04:01 PM.
    12-04-17 03:16 PM

Via Pasta CB10
    I deleted the original whatsapp (from BB world) and installed whatsapp android apk but the problem is not solved: if I close it from Device monitor, after a while it will reopen automatically as happened with the original app from blackberry world
    12-06-17 06:09 PM
    With the native app, did you try changing the permission to run in the background? Settings --> Security and Privacy --> Application Permissions --> Whatsapp

Just an idea, I don't actually have the app to check if that is a permission it would like to exercise

Posted via CB10
    12-07-17 12:17 AM
    With the native app, did you try changing the permission to run in the background? Settings --> Security and Privacy --> Application Permissions --> Whatsapp

Just an idea, I don't actually have the app to check if that is a permission it would like to exercise

Posted via CB10
    Oh nice idea, should I turn off the "Run when minimised" option ?
    12-07-17 03:38 AM
    Not sure really. Give it a go. I'd guess that would kill notifications.

It can't do any harm to experiment and see if you still have the functionality you require.

Posted via CB10
    12-07-17 07:30 AM
    Oh nice idea, should I turn off the "Run when minimised" option ?
    The "run when minimized" option is only for when an app is minimized to the homescreen (i.e., when you see the active frame). In your case it sounds like "run in background" is what needs to be disabled (I don't know if WhatsApp has the option though).
    12-07-17 11:10 AM