Quick question:

I love whatsapp on the BB10 now and use it daily. However I am also member of a group that sometimes posts hundreds of messages in very short bursts, which is annoying when you are in a meeting.

Is there a way like in other whatsapp versions to deactivate notifications for group messages only?

I still l want to get individual chat message notifications just no notifications for group messages.

Many thanks!!

P.S.: If a wizard can also tell me how to leave a group on the BB10, that would be highly appreciated.
    marcati likes this.
    03-17-13 01:45 AM
    Never mind!!

I found it. when in the group chat, touch the three dotted menu and "mute group" then you can choose how long you want to mute the group. Unfortunately there is no "indefinite" :-)
    DeliFresser likes this.
    03-17-13 01:49 AM
    Awesome find. That was driving me nuts as well.

Yes, they definitely need to add an 'indefinite' option. 1 week is not enough for me.
    pandapurple likes this.
    03-17-13 11:18 AM
    Awesome find. That was driving me nuts as well.

Yes, they definitely need to add an 'indefinite' option. 1 week is not enough for me.
    Totally agree, my "week" just expired and I had to look up my own thread in order to find the setting again (I couldn't remember) ;-)
    03-25-13 01:43 AM
    Why they no longer have an individual setting for group chats is beyond me.
    JunkieXP likes this.
    06-13-13 04:03 PM
    Thanks for this information!! Very helpful as I had never explored what to do about all these notifications.
    06-13-13 04:33 PM
    Why they no longer have an individual setting for group chats is beyond me.
    I hope this'll make it back to the options soon. So I can make my Sound / LED telling me about the importancy of the incoming message =P.
    06-19-13 07:10 AM
    We'd like to offer this just as much as you'd like to have it. However, right now, BlackBerry 10 does not support multiple notification profiles per-application. Hopefully they will fix this in the future.
    der_mit and JunkieXP like this.
    06-19-13 11:36 AM
    We'd like to offer this just as much as you'd like to have it. However, right now, BlackBerry 10 does not support multiple notification profiles per-application. Hopefully they will fix this in the future.
    I was afraid that would be the case! Thanks for clearing that out.

Any thoughts this would be available in future SDK's as pointed out in the Road map perhaps (best would be 10.2 of course =p).

How about the "Forever" option when it comes to muting?

Posted via CB10 on LE Z10
    06-19-13 12:34 PM
    I see that they also have "an year" option now
    02-18-15 12:26 PM