Ok so What'sapp is now officially available for Z10 owners for a few days now...

To sum things up its freakin amazing... BUT

I wish you would get those notifications on your homescreen and HUB with a small What'sapp icon...
    The app pretty awesome.. not sluggish or glitchy like on the previous OS 7, and converstations or chat boxes are more pleasent to the eye than before.

So whats your say on What'sapp for BB 10??
    and what would you like to see in the next update (whenever that is coming)??
    03-16-13 11:56 PM
    Im finally happy that Whatsapp has finally become native on the Z10.

I was having such a huge issue before with not being able to start new conversations.

Problem I just ran into today was..my contacts all disappeared. So again I cant start a new conversation.... help??

Other than this..it was running and performing amazing.
    03-17-13 12:04 AM
    My notification keeps getting stuck when someone msgs me. Have to restart the hub to remove it.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-13 12:05 AM
    Full hub integration is all that's left, other than that I have noticed it pretty much has the exact same setup as bbm

Posted via CB10
    03-17-13 12:16 AM
    Whatsapp is not useable for me.
    I have installed and uninstalled 5 times due to the same problem.
    My Favorites and Contacts disappear and do not come back up on refresh. Closing and opening the app sometimes fixes the problem but often times not.
    Totally unusable and frustrating for me.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-13 08:35 AM
    My Favorites and Contacts disappear and do not come back up on refresh. Closing and opening the app sometimes fixes the problem but often times not.

Posted via CB10
    This problem is going to be sorted in the next update... check the other threads out on WhatsApp...

Posted via CB10
    03-17-13 08:39 AM
    It works without any problem. Thanks to devlopers.. They have taken there time to do their best. The out come is outstanding, well integrated with hub.... few small things to be implemented, but its not worth mentioning..... I was sad to have shifted from Iphone5 to BBz10, but this app made it alright now....
    Thnaks
    notnomde likes this.
    03-17-13 08:40 AM

Posted via CB10
    Same issue. After a while contacts and names disappear. Bit of a mess.
    03-17-13 08:43 AM
    It's all ugly which makes me wonder wth all the fuss was about anyway. Actually, I wondered that before but no that's here, even more so lol.
    Spawn12, Graheem and wasabiGT like this.
    03-17-13 08:47 AM
    I had downloaded it simply to show them one more download and that it was worth their while but I've since deleted it. I never really used it before and I found my battery life affected after download.
    habs_fan likes this.
    03-17-13 08:47 AM
    I have Whatsapp running on my old phone BB6 phone. It never affected the battery life. I'm surprised it does so on BB10.
    03-17-13 08:51 AM
    It's all ugly which makes me wonder wth all the fuss was about anyway. Actually, I wondered that before but no that's here, even more so lol.
    It's a basic chat app. The fuss is that it's available on most platforms. Beyond that it's nothing special.

Now I'm waiting on skype (one day... maybe).
    nico2004 likes this.
    03-17-13 08:55 AM
    Group chat is pretty bad in this - there's no differentiation between other people (as in, colour bubbles) and it gets a little confusing sometimes. Other than that, it works fine!

Also .. Skype !!
    03-17-13 09:24 PM
    Waited for Whatsapp, Downloaded Whatsapp, Deleted Whatsapp. Reinstalled Open Whatsapp.

Contact names kept disappearing. No matter how many refreshes I do or closing / opening the program. The only way is to uninstall and reinstall. Have already done that more than 3 times. Group Chat has already been spoken about, so not adding anything more to that. Basically a great app but needs some final touches.

Thanks to the Whatsapp team for bringing this to the Z10. Before I get flamed, please note that I am a PAID subscriber to Whatsapp since OS7, so I do support Whatsapp. They just need to polish the app slightly for the Z10.
    nico2004 likes this.
    03-17-13 09:33 PM
    Waited for Whatsapp, Downloaded Whatsapp, Deleted Whatsapp. Reinstalled Open Whatsapp.

Contact names kept disappearing. No matter how many refreshes I do or closing / opening the program. The only way is to uninstall and reinstall. Have already done that more than 3 times. Group Chat has already been spoken about, so not adding anything more to that. Basically a great app but needs some final touches.

Thanks to the Whatsapp team for bringing this to the Z10. Before I get flamed, please note that I am a PAID subscriber to Whatsapp since OS7, so I do support Whatsapp. They just need to polish the app slightly for the Z10.
    I'm pretty sure you're doing it wrong. There is no need to reinstall. Once you refresh your WhatsApp Contact and it has become stable, you then go and refresh Favourites. No missing WhatsApp Contacts after that. I had even posted that I tested by adding 2 more Contacts in my Z10 to see the behaviour of WhatsApp Contacts. These 2 new additions appeared in WhatsApp Contacts and Favourites almost immediately.
    03-17-13 09:40 PM
    I'm pretty sure you're doing it wrong. There is no need to reinstall. Once you refresh your WhatsApp Contact and it has become stable, you then go and refresh Favourites. No missing WhatsApp Contacts after that. I had even posted that I tested by adding 2 more Contacts in my Z10 to see the behaviour of WhatsApp Contacts. These 2 new additions appeared in WhatsApp Contacts and Favourites almost immediately.
    Yes this is exactly what you have to do after a phone reboot. When ever I reboot (swapping batteries and such) I start whatsapp and all the contacts are missing or missing names. You have to tap the three lines at the bottom left the select Contacts refresh those contacts and they will appear soon, then refresh your Favorites and sure enough they do come back.

This should solve the problem for anyone experiencing this issue as I did.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-13 10:21 PM
    I've reinstalled a few times myself because I restart to see notifications in the hub but I have had no success except losing all my contact names. Weird, hope they fix the glitch soon and add a hub notification!

Posted via CB10
    03-17-13 10:25 PM
    Yes this is exactly what you have to do after a phone reboot. When ever I reboot (swapping batteries and such) I start whatsapp and all the contacts are missing or missing names. You have to tap the three lines at the bottom left the select Contacts refresh those contacts and they will appear soon, then refresh your Favorites and sure enough they do come back.

This should solve the problem for anyone experiencing this issue as I did.

Posted via CB10
    But there wasn't a need to do this constant refreshing in the os7 version...? Also it's not just when u pull the battery. For me just switching on the phone in the morning and the contacts are gone...

Also agree with the comment about colour coding for group chats

Definitely needs fixing

Posted via CB10
    03-17-13 10:55 PM
    No offense to the fans of whatsapp but....

Who needs an app that only does all the things my phone already does...pfftt who needs it.

My Z10 does it all and so much better.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-13 11:04 PM

Who needs an app that only does all the things my phone already does...pfftt who needs it.

Posted via CB10
    I think you're totally confused with WhatsApp does, and until now that you haven't found the use for it, it's because you don't text people overseas. WhatsApp is free for overseas texting, and pictures can also be sent and received, minimum charge without wifi, and without additional charge if you're operating on wifi.
    03-17-13 11:45 PM
    Whatsapp is basically a cross platform version of BBM. So if you never use BBM, then you probably won't have any need for this.

Posted via CB10
    pandapurple and Spawn12 like this.
    03-17-13 11:50 PM
    I would like to be able to send a whatsapp message from BlackBerry contacts. Much like you could in BB7

Posted via CB10
    03-18-13 02:23 AM

Posted via CB10
    Well who needs anything that isn't food, warmth, light and air really?

Posted via CB10
    03-18-13 02:32 AM
    Wait, you don't even get a notification icon on your lockscreen?
    03-18-13 02:37 AM
    Hmm... I will need to reinstall this and test again. Thanks for the heads up.
    03-18-13 05:26 AM
68 123