06-16-17 12:39 PM
    06-16-17 12:43 PM
    Four hours after I installed the Android version!
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    06-16-17 02:24 PM
    Dare to dream
    Meanwhile Ive been really enjoying Telegram, thank you @wu-wei - everything works!
    06-16-17 02:32 PM
    A report from a website I've never heard of, claims a guy told a guy. Don't hold your breath.
    06-16-17 03:07 PM
    A report from a website I've never heard of, claims a guy told a guy. Don't hold your breath.
    Brian Acton is the co-founder of WhatsApp. So I wouldn't call him just "a guy".

(note that I'm not saying I believe the site, I'm not believing anything until it hits the CrackBerry front page)

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  Passport (OG Red)
    06-16-17 03:52 PM

(note that I'm not saying I believe the site, I'm not believing anything until it hits the CrackBerry front page)

Yes, I know who he is, but it's just a claim from someone who typed his name. As Thurask pointed out, even WhatsApp isn't aware of this turn of events.
    06-16-17 03:55 PM
    Yes, I know who he is, but it's just a claim from someone who typed his name. As Thurask pointed out, even WhatsApp isn't aware of this turn of events.
    Yes, and that's why I said I don't believe it until it hits the CrackBerry front page.

06-16-17 04:32 PM

Regardless, it's as much merit as some rando BB blog saying Jim Balsillie told them that there's a BB11 coming soon.
    06-16-17 04:43 PM
    Hi Crackberry folks,

Just registered to make some things clear and take away your doubts.

The news about whatsapp extending support of blackberry until end of year is 100% true. Today we've had contact with co founder Brian Acton and he told us about WhatsApp's plans.

Your comments are fair enough to respond

- Reason that you've never heard of the blog: it's Dutch by origin (whatsappen.nl ,2012) and we've only started news in English a few months ago.

- WhatsApp doesnt know it yet in their FAQ: true, they still need to update their records. WhatsApp responded to questions from our side, it was not planned to announce the blackberry news today. However, it was ok to make public.

Hope this is any helps! If not, wait and you'll see ;-)

Cheers
    Whatsappen.nl
    laketrout73 and Slash82 like this.
    06-16-17 05:52 PM
    Thanks Dennis. I just rebooted my Passport, and launched WhatsApp, and the warning message is gone. Bestest news this year!
    Last edited by otaku2; 06-16-17 at 10:33 PM. Reason: typo
    06-16-17 08:29 PM
    Lmao
    06-16-17 08:37 PM
    this is actually fantastic. I have two associates over seas and I was on a clock for communication. Really happy about this. thanks for the post
    06-16-17 08:39 PM
    Hello,

Thanks for the info.
    Will keep using my Z30 until the end of the year then.

Best regards

Posted via CB10
    06-16-17 09:16 PM
    WhatsApp following BlackBerry now? Delay delay and delay
    velkod likes this.
    06-16-17 09:19 PM
    I still don't buy releasing new policy to some blog before any official channels, but whatever.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    06-16-17 09:28 PM
    That's great news for the folks who depend on it. Maybe all those petitions work after all!
    06-16-17 11:06 PM
    Three days ago Facebook was notified by "Proteste", a Brazilian consumers protection organization. I don't know if it's related, but that's a coincidence. Proteste said that decision would hurt the code of consumers protection. I don't know how to translate it to English, but I think thats the closest thing haha. There's the link: https://www.proteste.org.br/eletroni...relhos-antigos
    06-16-17 11:09 PM
    Here is a news in English :
    https://www.mobileworldlive.com/apps...aces-proteste/

If you are wondering why is this, let me tell you that 99.9%of Brazilians use Whatsapp haha
    velkod likes this.
    06-16-17 11:15 PM
    I still don't buy releasing new policy to some blog before any official channels, but whatever.
    That happens a lot in the tech world and most of the time the blogs turn out to be right.

skinnymike1 likes this.
    06-16-17 11:47 PM
    Three days ago Facebook was notified by "Proteste", a Brazilian consumers protection organization. I don't know if it's related, but that's a coincidence. Proteste said that decision would hurt the code of consumers protection. I don't know how to translate it to English, but I think thats the closest thing haha. There's the link: https://www.proteste.org.br/eletroni...relhos-antigos
    That sounds plausible !! A big chunk of people there!!
    Plus all the people around the world that don't have the luck/money to have the last flagship.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-17 12:08 AM
    Maybe true info, but I still have the warning.
    If it goes away, it will be only after an app update through BlackBerry World.
    At least that's what happened last time.

Nothing like my SE
    06-17-17 12:17 AM
    Thanks Dennis. I just rebooted my Passport, and launched WhatsApp, and the warning message is gone. Bestest news this year!
    Count on it, it will be back if there ain't an update before June 30.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-17 01:37 AM
    Yeahhhhhhhhh

Posted via CB10
    Mrs Teapot likes this.
    06-17-17 02:27 AM
    Not sure if their FAQ is so believable 'cause elsewhere in their FAQ they still mention the end of 2016 as the date BB is no longer supported: https://faq.whatsapp.com/en/bb10/24983053

So their FAQ isn't fully up-to-date anyway.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    06-17-17 04:07 AM
85 123 ...