I just received this email from whatsapp support confirming their app for BB10 will absolutely be native and not a port! This is amazing!

Max (WhatsApp Support)
    Feb 11 17:15 (PST)

Hi,

Thanks for your message. Sorry for the delay! We have received many emails recently, and we do our best to answer them all. Thank you for your patience.

We are working on a native BlackBerry 10 client and will have more news to share soon.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us. We would be happy to help!

Best / Saludos,
    Max

WhatsApp Support Team

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    R Field and araskin like this.
    02-11-13 07:19 PM
    Got the same email!

02-11-13 07:20 PM
    This is amazing news! I love that! I just hope it is soon...did say "have more news to share soon" I hope that means this week!
    02-11-13 07:24 PM
    You beat me to it by a few seconds

mphillips828 likes this.
    02-11-13 07:28 PM
    That's awesome. But for its flaws, I kinda need Whatsapp just because people are on other platforms. The sideloaded version works well enough for a side-loaded version, but a native app fully integrated into the hub would be great.
    Knightcrawler likes this.
    02-11-13 07:30 PM
    Yeah I tried sideloaded app, but just wasn't good enough...mine didn't integrate with contacts...just not nice experience...Native is going to be awesome!
    02-11-13 07:32 PM
    I agree. I can't wait for a native app with hub integration and whatnot. I know a lot of people on whatsapp, so it's going to be great to have. Hopefully it comes out soon!
    02-11-13 08:13 PM
    can' t wait for that...
    02-14-13 01:14 AM
    WTH, first they said we will not support, then it will be ported, then it will be Native, release the godamn app fools. I need only these two apps whatsapp and Instgram to zip some friends mouth.

omarha and malwayne66 like this.
    02-14-13 01:32 AM
    Yeah I tried sideloaded app, but just wasn't good enough...mine didn't integrate with contacts...just not nice experience...Native is going to be awesome!
    It's not so bad once you go through the somewhat embarrassing step of texting your friends to message you on Whatsapp (just don't say why exactly, or tell them you're testing something) and keep the conversation open.
    02-14-13 02:26 AM
    WTH, first they said we will not support, then it will be ported, then it will be Native, release the godamn app fools. I need only these two apps whatsapp and Instgram to zip some friends mouth.

Hmm, I don't think they have ever said they are going to port it?
    02-14-13 04:01 AM
    Did they ever said anything official ! Beside BB announcement! They are not even replying the damn mails !! We are only getting ruomers

02-14-13 05:15 AM
    I hoe it arrives soon. Sideloaded version is top buggy.

Native app should be really good. I'm looking forward to it.

02-14-13 09:02 AM
    Did they ever said anything official ! Beside BB announcement! They are not even replying the damn mails !! We are only getting ruomers

I got the following reply from them:

Hi,
    Thanks for your message.
    We are working on a native BlackBerry 10 client and will have more news to share soon.
    If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us. We would be happy to help!
    WhatsApp Support Team
    02-22-13 11:20 AM
    Well after reading this thread I decided to send them a message. As soon as I wrote it and clicked on send, I got an immediate automated response. Are they even checking? Or are they just kinda just giving us an answering machine type of message to shut us up?

Posted via CB10
    02-22-13 11:42 AM
    Well after reading this thread I decided to send them a message. As soon as I wrote it and clicked on send, I got an immediate automated response. Are they even checking? Or are they just kinda just giving us an answering machine type of message to shut us up?

Posted via CB10
    The e-mails we are all sending must be having some kind of impact, even if it is an auto-responder setup, why set one up if you're not getting the queries.
    I think we need to keep mailing the dev's and them know that BB faithful are here, that we have OS10 devices and that want their apps to natively support our awesome OS.

This might just be speculation on my part, but I think alot more of the big name apps will be available just before or in time with the US launch
    AbsoluteT23 likes this.
    02-23-13 07:06 AM
    Good news! Can't wait for it to finally come out so everyone can stop moaning about it, people need to learn to be patient

Posted via CB10
    02-23-13 07:53 AM
    I wish it was about patience bro. I've had a PlayBook since it's release(full price release) and while I really don't care much for pointless apps, it's only normal that the big apps should be available. I don't blame BlackBerry at all, but some of these companies need to stop deliberately hating on BlackBerry (or at least that's what it seems). I mean what other logical reasons are there? I would love to boycott a lot of them(Skype,netflix,instacrap,etc), but we don't even have a true alternative

Posted via CB10
    02-23-13 11:55 AM
    I wish it was about patience bro. I've had a PlayBook since it's release(full price release) and while I really don't care much for pointless apps, it's only normal that the big apps should be available. I don't blame BlackBerry at all, but some of these companies need to stop deliberately hating on BlackBerry (or at least that's what it seems). I mean what other logical reasons are there? I would love to boycott a lot of them(Skype,netflix,instacrap,etc), but we don't even have a true alternative

Posted via CB10
    I agree with what you're saying, it does seem people boycott BlackBerry and don't give them a chance which does annoy me, but we should hopefully get the big apps before the US launch

Posted via CB10
    malwayne66 likes this.
    02-23-13 12:15 PM
    This is good news, hope it's going to be secure.
    I'd like to see Viber too as they already have an OS7 app.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-13 12:18 PM
    I usually don't mention apps to be honest. And I could care less for the companies that don't want to provide us with apps that should be made available to begin with, but I'm thinking maybe BlackBerry can make a secure cross platform messaging app with voice and video, and screw Skype, whatsapp, and any other company that doesn't think we (BlackBerry users) are important enough to make native apps for, leading to the BlackBerry community having to beg and send emails. BlackBerry is a powerhouse respectable company. It's time they run towards us trying to please us!

Posted via CB10
    RECOOL likes this.
    02-23-13 12:25 PM
    I usually don't mention apps to be honest. And I could care less for the companies that don't want to provide us with apps that should be made available to begin with, but I'm thinking maybe BlackBerry can make a secure cross platform messaging app with voice and video, and screw Skype, whatsapp, and any other company that doesn't think we (BlackBerry users) are important enough to make native apps for, leading to the BlackBerry community having to beg and send emails. BlackBerry is a powerhouse respectable company. It's time they run towards us trying to please us!

Posted via CB10
    I agree but if you expect RIM to please us the best you can get is Tom Lazaridis apologizing in a black t-shirt and he aint the CEO anymore. During the Playbook keynote way ago they had a Skype logo on the Playbook Blackberry World home screen. Its a joke that we still have to sideload such popular apps just to be able to use them. More than a joke its just pathetic.

Posted via CB10
    Pete The Penguin likes this.
    02-23-13 02:30 PM
    BlackBerry have a secure app that can handle voice, video and typing. It's BBM.
    All they need to do is get it on to Android, iOS and Windows Phone.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-13 07:04 PM
    Who the heck is "Tom Lazzaridis"?

Posted via CB10
    peter9477 and Spawn12 like this.
    02-24-13 02:09 AM
    This is good news, hope it's going to be secure.
    I'd like to see Viber too as they already have an OS7 app.

Posted via CB10
    Lol mm secure and WhatsApp don't belong to the same sentences.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-13 03:26 AM
31 12