Recently, my whatsapp has been crashing very often in the hub. It is fine just to send messages, but when I try to input an emoticon, or hit the "3 dots" for more options, it crashes the conversation window and restarts. Sometimes when I try to send a picture or location, it would freeze my whole hub even, rendering it completely useless. Luckily for me, the 5 swipes from the top right corner restarts it and it works again. The good thing though is that I can still exit out of the hub and have access to the rest of my phone. Shows how powerful the QNX operating system is; good job BB!

Havent had much change on my phone, except downloaded a public transit (TTC) and CIBC app. Tried restarting the phone and it still happens. Could it possibly be due to the fact that I am in a large group conversation and we have a lot of messages?
    04-28-13 12:24 AM
    Could it possibly be due to the fact that I am in a large group conversation and we have a lot of messages?
    Possibly but one would think they'd have adjusted for that sort of thing.
    04-28-13 12:51 AM
    Got the same issue

Posted via CB10
    dracolnyte likes this.
    04-28-13 05:19 AM
    Have the exact same issue since the last updates. Very annoying!!!

Posted via CB10
    04-28-13 06:27 PM
    glad im not the only one with this issue. PLEASE FIX
    04-28-13 11:51 PM
    But I wouldn't say it crashes the hub. I would say WhatsApp crashes in the hub^^

Posted via CB10
    04-29-13 05:40 AM
    But I wouldn't say it crashes the hub. I would say WhatsApp crashes in the hub^^

Posted via CB10
    No my whatsapp literally crashes and freezes my hub, rendering it completely useless without a hub restart

Posted via CB10
    04-29-13 11:38 AM
    I am sure whatsapp would be aware of it and must be working on a fix!

Posted via CB10
    04-29-13 11:48 AM
    Works fine now after update

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 12:33 PM
    Ever since I updated to OS 10.1, Whatsapp is crashing my Hub and in doing so, it freezes the screen/UI and I cannot exit the Whatsapp conversation I'm in. Gestures stop working.

The phone's underlying OS does not crash because I can take a screen capture by holding the volume +/- buttons and the phone will ring if I get a call although I can't answer it because the screen is frozen to the Whatsapp conversation.

The only way to fix is to hold the power button down for 10 seconds for the phone to restart.

Anyone know how to fix this?
    05-19-13 09:39 AM
    This happened to me twice today i had to do a battery pull... not cool.

Posted via CB10
    05-19-13 11:28 AM
    U don't have to do battery pulls anymore... just restart your hub. since the update Whatsapp works perfectly for me.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-13 06:00 AM
    U don't have to do battery pulls anymore... just restart your hub. since the update Whatsapp works perfectly for me.

Posted via CB10
    It's impossible to restart the hub when this happens. The screen freezes and you can't restart the hub, you can't minimize, you can't do anything. You're stuck in the Whatsapp conversation. The only way out is to reboot the phone.
    05-20-13 10:20 AM
    How to restart the hub?
    05-20-13 12:00 PM
    Swipe from top right of the screen (network bars) diagonally to the left 5 times.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-13 01:00 PM
    Swipe from top right of the screen (network bars) diagonally to the left 5 times.

Posted via CB10
    Not possible. The screen is completely frozen. I already tried this and it does not do anything when this issue is encountered.
    05-20-13 01:13 PM
    Yes same here, happened twice to me today.
    Phone renders useless. Whole screen freezes. Yes underlying OS works cause as mentioned you can take a screenshot.
    Only way is to reboot the phone. Good to know you can hold down power for 10 seconds, I tried holding it (not that long though) and didn't reboot - had to resort to pulling the battery.

Glad I stumbled across this thread!

Posted via CB10
    05-20-13 01:47 PM
    Haha, happened to me yesterday too. Had to pull the battery. Hasn't happened since the crash.

Posted via CB10
    05-22-13 06:27 AM
    Using the z10 since February and the phone never froze or rebooted. Updated the is to 10.1 and it was still working fine for the past 4days. Suddenly today the phone froze 2 times due to whatsapp. The only option is a restart or a battery pull.. this isn't a problem for me though.. still love z10 and BlackBerry the same.. will delete and reinstall whatsapp again..

Posted via CB10
    05-22-13 06:39 AM
    Yes me too yesterday? Coincidence or a problem at whatsapp?
    05-22-13 06:45 AM
    Using the z10 since February and the phone never froze or rebooted. Updated the is to 10.1 and it was still working fine for the past 4days. Suddenly today the phone froze 2 times due to whatsapp. The only option is a restart or a battery pull.. this isn't a problem for me though.. still love z10 and BlackBerry the same.. will delete and reinstall whatsapp again..

Posted via CB10
    Please let us know if that does the trick.

Posted via CB10
    05-22-13 08:17 AM
    Please let us know if that does the trick.

Posted via CB10
    Yup, just deleted whatsapp, reinstalled it and took a back up as well. Will keep you posted.

Posted via CB10
    05-22-13 10:07 AM
    Reinstalling doesn't help. I reloaded the entire OS and reinstalled everything from scratch and the problem came back.

The only way to avoid this is to use the Whatsapp app directly and avoid using it through the Hub.
    05-22-13 06:42 PM
    Update: I upgraded to the latest leak hoping it would fix this problem but it's still there. BlackBerry needs to fix whatever the problem is to prevent any app from crashing the UI.

I don't think it's Whatsapp that's crashing but something else through the Hub, maybe the integration? I say this because although my device's screen froze, the phone continued to receive Whatsapp messages as I could hear the message notification and the LED started blinking.
    05-29-13 10:05 AM
    Not possible. The screen is completely frozen. I already tried this and it does not do anything when this issue is encountered.
    Ditto here. Always happens in my large group conversations.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-13 02:06 PM
41 12