The native WhatsApp app has been shuttered for years.

You need to run the Android version, so you won't be able to restore from your ancient file.

www.WhatsApp.com/android
    Thanks, but what does shuttered actually mean?

Are you saying that export process within the app, can never now work? I had understood that the export process created a file, that Android could read and restore?
    08-11-20 06:29 PM
    Thanks, but what does shuttered actually mean?

Are you saying that export process within the app, can never now work? I had understood that the export process created a file, that Android could read and restore?
    I believe the export function needs a server connection to function, which the native app no longer has.
    08-11-20 06:34 PM
    I believe the export function needs a server connection to function, which the native app no longer has.
    Thanks for the reply Conite.

So, I am guessing, that there is no offline equivalent that was doing the job of this server activity and that I am completely boll***sed?!
    08-12-20 10:09 AM
    Thanks for the reply Conite.

So, I am guessing, that there is no offline equivalent that was doing the job of this server activity and that I am completely boll***sed?!
    You guess correctly.
    08-12-20 10:51 AM
    Hello. Plus I urgently need to move my Whatsapp Chat history from my Blackberry Passport to an Android phone, but "Export conversations for Android". isn't showing anywhere in my Whatsapp seeing. How do I do this
    Some folks at the retail shop suggest moving ithe backup file via a PC, but they don't consider that it is a different file format for Blackberry and Samsung. They are aybe eager to sell their phones
    05-20-22 04:08 PM
    Hello. Plus I urgently need to move my Whatsapp Chat history from my Blackberry Passport to an Android phone, but "Export conversations for Android". isn't showing anywhere in my Whatsapp seeing. How do I do this
    Some folks at the retail shop suggest moving ithe backup file via a PC, but they don't consider that it is a different file format for Blackberry and Samsung. They are aybe eager to sell their phones
    It's actually the same format.
    Just open the file manager on your BlackBerry and navigate to misc, android, and copy the whole folder marked "WhatsApp" over into the root directory of the android device.
    Make sure to delete any folders marked "WhatsApp" on the android device before copying the one from the Passport.
    BrEmma likes this.
    05-20-22 04:40 PM
    It's actually the same format.
    Just open the file manager on your BlackBerry and navigate to misc, android, and copy the whole folder marked "WhatsApp" over into the root directory of the android device.
    Make sure to delete any folders marked "WhatsApp" on the android device before copying the one from the Passport.
    Thanks Ben xfg for your prompt response. I really appreciate this.
    My Whatsapp version is 2.21.24.23. running on my Blackberry Passport. Pls can you give me a step by step process on how to transfer these Whatsapp chat history to the new Android phone.
    One option of Android phone ( Samsung S22 Ultra) I was shown has no provision for Memory card, so can I use a laptop for the transfer? How?
    Another phone option I was shown at the Retail shop has memory card slot (Oppo A96). How do I also transfer if I choose this option?
    I prefare to do the transfer process by myself with my own laptop, not at the Retail shop for obvious reasons . Thanks in anticipation of your assistance with the requested info.
    05-21-22 05:11 AM
    Thanks Ben xfg for your prompt response. I really appreciate this.
    My Whatsapp version is 2.21.24.23. running on my Blackberry Passport. Pls can you give me a step by step process on how to transfer these Whatsapp chat history to the new Android phone.
    One option of Android phone ( Samsung S22 Ultra) I was shown has no provision for Memory card, so can I use a laptop for the transfer? How?
    Another phone option I was shown at the Retail shop has memory card slot (Oppo A96). How do I also transfer if I choose this option?
    I prefare to do the transfer process by myself with my own laptop, not at the Retail shop for obvious reasons . Thanks in anticipation of your assistance with the requested info.
    I copied the Whatspp folder from my Blackberry Passport as advised and moved it to the new Oppo A96,Android device, but after carefully following all the steps, only the Group Chats got transferred without any previous chat history in these groups. The Individual Whatsapp Chats did not get transferred to the new phone.
    I then copied the Blackberry Whatsapp Folder to Google Drive , but during the Whatsapp setup on the new phone, it says there is no Backup in the Google Drive to restore from!
    Please what do I do nect to ensure I move my Blackberry OS 10 chats to the new Android phone?
    07-17-22 08:59 AM
    I copied the Whatspp folder from my Blackberry Passport as advised and moved it to the new Oppo A96,Android device, but after carefully following all the steps, only the Group Chats got transferred without any previous chat history in these groups. The Individual Whatsapp Chats did not get transferred to the new phone.
    I then copied the Blackberry Whatsapp Folder to Google Drive , but during the Whatsapp setup on the new phone, it says there is no Backup in the Google Drive to restore from!
    Please what do I do nect to ensure I move my Blackberry OS 10 chats to the new Android phone?
    Delete WhatsApp from the android phone.

Delete any WhatsApp related folders on the android phone.

Perform a backup on the BB10 device using the WhatsApp backup function.

Now copy the WhatsApp folder from your BB10 device to the android one. It is very important that you copy the whole root folder named "WhatsApp". Do not change anything inside of the folder or it will mess up the storage path.

Now on the android device ensure you only have one folder marked "WhatsApp" that came from the BB10 device.

You should then be able to find and restore the backup when you set up WhatsApp on the Android phone.
    07-17-22 04:42 PM
    Delete WhatsApp from the android phone.

Delete any WhatsApp related folders on the android phone.

Perform a backup on the BB10 device using the WhatsApp backup function.

Now copy the WhatsApp folder from your BB10 device to the android one. It is very important that you copy the whole root folder named "WhatsApp". Do not change anything inside of the folder or it will mess up the storage path.

Now on the android device ensure you only have one folder marked "WhatsApp" that came from the BB10 device.

You should then be able to find and restore the backup when you set up WhatsApp on the Android phone.
    Thanks Ben xfg for your assistance. But I followed all the steps carefully again, but still seeing only Group chats transferred without conversations. The Chats with Individuals don't appear at all.
    My Blackberry Passport Model is SQW100-4.
    Software Release is 10.3.3.1435.
    Whatsapp Messenger on the Blackberry is version 2.22.12.76 downloaded as an APK file from the Whatsapp website and even updated about 3weeks ago.

The new Android phone is Oppo A96.
    Whatsapp version is 2.22.14.74

I have taken some screenshots shots if that will help. I really need to move my Blackberry Passport Whatsapp to the brand new Android phone, bought for this purpose, so I can move on to better use of Whatsapp. Kindly assist. Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails WhatsApp for BlackBerry 10 - Beta Testing-screenshot_2022-07-18-17-24-03-48_55bef12f624c2b805189a6aa783c400d.jpg   WhatsApp for BlackBerry 10 - Beta Testing-screenshot_2022-07-18-17-27-17-88_55bef12f624c2b805189a6aa783c400d.jpg   WhatsApp for BlackBerry 10 - Beta Testing-screenshot_2022-07-18-17-30-25-46_55bef12f624c2b805189a6aa783c400d.jpg  
    07-18-22 11:41 AM
    Thanks Ben xfg for your assistance. But I followed all the steps carefully again, but still seeing only Group chats transferred without conversations. The Chats with Individuals don't appear at all.
    Whatsapp Messenger on the Blackberry is version 2.22.12.76 downloaded as an APK file from the Whatsapp website and even updated about 3weeks ago.

I have taken some screenshots shots if that will help. I really need to move my Blackberry Passport Whatsapp to the brand new Android phone, bought for this purpose, so I can move on to better use of Whatsapp. Kindly assist. Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails WhatsApp for BlackBerry 10 - Beta Testing-screenshot_2022-07-18-17-24-03-48_55bef12f624c2b805189a6aa783c400d.jpg   WhatsApp for BlackBerry 10 - Beta Testing-screenshot_2022-07-18-17-25-41-71_55bef12f624c2b805189a6aa783c400d.jpg   WhatsApp for BlackBerry 10 - Beta Testing-screenshot_2022-07-18-17-27-17-88_55bef12f624c2b805189a6aa783c400d.jpg   WhatsApp for BlackBerry 10 - Beta Testing-screenshot_2022-07-18-17-28-50-62_55bef12f624c2b805189a6aa783c400d.jpg   WhatsApp for BlackBerry 10 - Beta Testing-screenshot_2022-07-18-17-30-25-46_55bef12f624c2b805189a6aa783c400d.jpg  

07-18-22 11:50 AM

You need to put the WhatsApp folder in the main directory of the Android phone. Looks like you have it in another folder.
    07-18-22 04:01 PM
    By the way, what Android version is the Oppo running?
    07-18-22 04:04 PM
    By the way, what Android version is the Oppo running?
    Android version 11
    07-19-22 08:21 AM
    You need to put the WhatsApp folder in the main directory of the Android phone. Looks like you have it in another folder.
    Please is there a different way to get to the Oppo Main directory? Do i need to root the device? Do I need to use 3rd Party apps?
    I simply launched the phone's File Manager app/icon - Phone Storage -Android -Media -pasted the Whastapp folder from the Blackberry here. Is this not the Main Directory?
    How isit able to pick my Group Chats (without conversations) and without picking the Individual Chats?
    Note that after pasting the folder called "Whatsapp" into the new phone, on installing Whatsapp from Play Store, it creates a folder called "com.Whatsapp" beside the "Whatsapp" folder I pasted.
    Next time I uninstalled Whatsapp, pasted my BB "Whatsapp" folder again and renamed it "com.Whatapp", installed Whatsapp from Play Store again and this time the install did not create a new folder as only my own"com.Whatsapp" folder is seem, but the outcome is still the same as only my Group Chats is available, without Individual Chats and without conversations inside the Group Chats.
    Where else can this Main Directory be located? Is it the Root Directory? Where can I find it?
    07-19-22 08:35 AM
    I just wanted to mention a new menu option in WhatsApp for BB10 that has recently become available, along with all those expiration warnings. If you go to the "Settings" screen, tap the overflow icon (3 dots in the lower-right corner), you'll see something called "Copy Database".

This menu option will make an unencrypted copy of your message database in a place you can access with the File Manager.

This database file is in SQLite format, and the schema is specific to the BB10 app, so it is not an end-user-friendly chat export/migration feature. However, it is a simple way for more technically inclined users to simply get their data out of the app.
    Hi @dkonigsberg_wa and Ben xfg, I need your assistance on how to successfuly move my Blackberry PAssport Whatsapp chats to a new Android phone Oppo A96.
    I want to acknowledge the efforts of Ben xfg so far with this. Thanks a lot Ben, but the matter is not yet resolved> See the following:
    Please is there a different way to get to the Oppo Main directory? Do i need to root the device? Do I need to use 3rd Party apps?
    I simply launched the phone's File Manager app/icon - Phone Storage -Android -Media -pasted the Whastapp folder from the Blackberry here. Is this not the Main Directory?
    How isit able to pick my Group Chats (without conversations) and without picking the Individual Chats?
    Note that after pasting the folder called "Whatsapp" into the new phone, on installing Whatsapp from Play Store, it creates a folder called "com.Whatsapp" beside the "Whatsapp" folder I pasted.
    Next time I uninstalled Whatsapp, pasted my BB "Whatsapp" folder again and renamed it "com.Whatapp", installed Whatsapp from Play Store again and this time the install did not create a new folder as only my own"com.Whatsapp" folder is seem, but the outcome is still the same as only my Group Chats is available, without Individual Chats and without conversations inside the Group Chats.
    Where else can this Main Directory be located? Is it the Root Directory? Where can I find it?

Each time, only my Group Chats get seen when Whatsapp in launched afresh. Even these Groups chats only have the correct titles, but no conversationsi inside them. My Individual Chats (not Group now,) with people are not seen or transferred. I have installed, uninstalled and re-installed Whatsapp on the new phone for almost 6 times now, but the issue still needs to be resolved.

Pls Note:

Android 11
    07-19-22 08:47 AM
    The main (or root) directory is the menu that shows up when you press phone storage.

The groups will always show up if you switch devices - the chat history just won't be available unless you restore.

Come to think of it, l think they made some changes to how the internal storage handles app data starting with android 11, so we might need to do this a bit differently.
    I assume the com.whatsapp folder is structured differently so you would need to manually move all your media and backup files from your WhatsApp folder to the one created upon the WhatsApp install, making sure you put them into the correct folders.
    Then make sure you retain a copy of this folder, uninstall WhatsApp again. Paste your com.whatsapp folder, and install WhatsApp to see if it can find your backup this time.
    07-19-22 09:06 AM
    The main (or root) directory is the menu that shows up when you press phone storage.

The groups will always show up if you switch devices - the chat history just won't be available unless you restore.

Come to think of it, l think they made some changes to how the internal storage handles app data starting with android 11, so we might need to do this a bit differently.
    I assume the com.whatsapp folder is structured differently so you would need to manually move all your media and backup files from your WhatsApp folder to the one created upon the WhatsApp install, making sure you put them into the correct folders.
    Then make sure you retain a copy of this folder, uninstall WhatsApp again. Paste your com.whatsapp folder, and install WhatsApp to see if it can find your backup this time.
    Wow! Praise the Lord! After days of research, many many installing , un-installing and re-installing Whatsapp with support and prayers it finally worked a few hours ago at last!! Am so glad! Successfully moved my Whatsapp Chats from my old Blackberry Passport to the new Oppo A96 Android phone via the memory card! Wow! What relief and joy to see the system recognize the over 158,000 files and restore them/move them successfully without loss. I thank God as I prayed at every click of the way.

Thanks Ben xfg for the support and suggestions! Am glad this is now resolved successfully! The Group Chats and the Individual Chats with Chat history are now all available and functional.

Am using my new phone now with the ability to back up now to Google Drive as desired fro necessary uses.
    Paul Reichert likes this.
    07-19-22 06:11 PM
    Wow! Praise the Lord! After days of research, many many installing , un-installing and re-installing Whatsapp with support and prayers it finally worked a few hours ago at last!! Am so glad! Successfully moved my Whatsapp Chats from my old Blackberry Passport to the new Oppo A96 Android phone via the memory card! Wow! What relief and joy to see the system recognize the over 158,000 files and restore them/move them successfully without loss. I thank God as I prayed at every click of the way.

Thanks Ben xfg for the support and suggestions! Am glad this is now resolved successfully! The Group Chats and the Individual Chats with Chat history are now all available and functional.

Am using my new phone now with the ability to back up now to Google Drive as desired fro necessary uses.
    You checked all 158,000 that quickly?

07-19-22 06:42 PM

Would you mind telling us what exactly ended up working?
    07-19-22 07:40 PM
2,220 ... 878889