I'm getting push notifications delays. I only get new messages when I open a chat.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-16 07:48 PM
    I've also got this problem today. Never know if the other one is just ignoring me or whatsapp does not deliver properly.
    Since I'm about to transfer my most important contacts over to Threema anyways, I eventually won't use Whatsapp after end of service on BB10.

Via SQC100-1/10.3.2.2836
    09-28-16 09:37 AM
    Still not getting push notifications. I need to open any random chat from hub for it to fetch new messages.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-16 02:31 AM
    Can anyone confirm that chat backup and export to Android work for the current version of WhatsApp? Because the current version says "this feature is unsupported!"

Finally taking the plug to switch to S7.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-16 07:21 AM
    Does work for me. Haven't had any problems as I tried it a few weeks ago to uncheck this facebook data mining thing.

Via SQC100-1/10.3.2.2836
    10-08-16 10:43 AM
    Can't BlackBerry do something about d WhatsApp? I live bb10 whatsapp

Posted via CB10
    10-09-16 11:42 AM
    Can anyone confirm that chat backup and export to Android work for the current version of WhatsApp? Because the current version says "this feature is unsupported!"

Finally taking the plug to switch to S7.

Posted via CB10
    That just means that they won't provide any help and support and it's not an official feature

Posted via CB10
    10-09-16 12:42 PM
    However it still works right? I just can't afford to lose all the conversations with my loved ones for the past three years.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-16 09:26 PM
    However it still works right? I just can't afford to lose all the conversations with my loved ones for the past three years.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah it still works, not a noob thing to do though, I'd certainly try getting some practice with a friends phone if possible

Posted via CB10
    10-10-16 03:49 AM
    Hi I have gone through all the suggestions in this forum for transferring WhatsApp chats from my Blackberry Classic to Priv but after trying different ways several times, finally my problem is not resolved i.e. when I try to open any picture or video I get a message 'sorry, this media file doesn't exist on your SD card'. Pls help.
    10-23-16 02:00 PM
    If you back up your WA chats to android, you do not only need the message database but also all the whatsapp folders which are located at /video/ and /photos/ and /voice/.
    These folders have to be transferred to the equivalent locations within the android file system.

I'm sorry but I do not know exactly where the android version of WA stores it's media files. Maybe someone here knows it. Or you just try out some locations.

Via SQC100-1/10.3.2.2836
    10-26-16 02:12 AM
    Is WhatsApp Going to stop working completely after new year? Or is the case there will be no more updates on Blackberry?

Posted via CB10
    10-26-16 03:56 AM
    Is WhatsApp Going to stop working completely after new year? Or is the case there will be no more updates on Blackberry?

Posted via CB10
    As per the dev, it will completely stop working at some point after 1st of Jan, 2017.

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    10-26-16 06:53 AM
    This may sound like a silly question, but just want to make sure! WhatsApp creates a backup each day. I've got 7 at any given time, about 2GB each.

I'm waiting for my DTEK60 to arrive. Do I only need the latest backup file, or do they work in sync with each other or something? As from what I understand, for me to move my chat history to Android, it backs everything up to my device memory so I'd like to clear as much as possible!

Additionally, anyone know if it includes media in this big back up to device memory? As I think my WhatsApp media is AT LEAST 70gb, so does that mean it won't work? What will happen?

Posted via CB10
    10-31-16 02:23 AM
    This may sound like a silly question, but just want to make sure! WhatsApp creates a backup each day. I've got 7 at any given time, about 2GB each.

I'm waiting for my DTEK60 to arrive. Do I only need the latest backup file, or do they work in sync with each other or something? As from what I understand, for me to move my chat history to Android, it backs everything up to my device memory so I'd like to clear as much as possible!

Additionally, anyone know if it includes media in this big back up to device memory? As I think my WhatsApp media is AT LEAST 70gb, so does that mean it won't work? What will happen?

Posted via CB10
    If you want to free up space, you can delete all but the newest backup files.
    Also, these backups are just the messages database. That's because the "live" copy of the messages database lives inside the app's private sandbox, and thus wouldn't otherwise survive a delete/reinstall of the app. Media always live in the public "shared" part of the phone, so the app doesn't make any extra copies of those.

For migrating to the DTEK60, you're going to want to use the "Export conversations for Android" feature from the media settings page. This feature doesn't require any existing backups. However, it does require a large SD card with enough space for your messages and media (though you can configure it to skip media, if necessary).

What this feature does, is to create an Android-compatible backup of all your WhatsApp message data and media.
    Once you have your DTEK60, you can move over the SD card, then use a file manager app to copy the "WhatsApp" directory from that card to the phone's internal storage. After that, install WhatsApp and restore from the local backup.
    10-31-16 10:50 AM
    I know its been a frequent request to be able to move one's message history between platforms. The problem is that not only do all of our platforms use different methods for encrypting message history backups, they also use completely different formats for the message history databases themselves. As such, implementing this capability would require a potentially complex import/export process. In addition, simply moving the data between phones can be a challenge. Not every phone supports an SD media card, cloud backup services aren't as easily accessible on all platforms, and either of these methods could be too complicated for the average non-technical user.

That being said, many of us are starting to face the long term reality of the BlackBerry 10 platform. With the introduction of the BlackBerry Priv, its clear that many are deciding to move on to Android. Since its introduction, the frequency of requests for an Android migration path have dramatically increased.

Because of this, I've decided to do what is necessary to make this possible. In the new beta version of the BlackBerry 10 app (v2.12.236), if you go to the "Media Settings" screen, you'll find a new button labeled "Export conversations for Android". This button launches a process that does all the hard work to convert your BlackBerry 10 message history into a format that is compatible with our Android client. It requires an SD media card to function, and takes a while to process. Once complete, you can move the SD media card over to an Android phone, move the data to the internal storage (if applicable), and restore the backup.

I want to stress that this feature is unsupported and currently only available for beta users. Officially, our stance on moving message history between platforms has not changed. I encourage you to help others on these forums with this feature, when they ask about migrating their data.

Sincerely,
    Your foolishly faithful and dedicated BlackBerry 10 client developer
    Where will i find the backup for whatsapp for android conversion in the media card?
    10-31-16 01:12 PM
    You need a file manager my friend, jut copy/cut and paste the "WhatsApp" folder in your SD card to the internal storage.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-16 03:50 PM
    If you want to free up space, you can delete all but the newest backup files.
    Also, these backups are just the messages database. That's because the "live" copy of the messages database lives inside the app's private sandbox, and thus wouldn't otherwise survive a delete/reinstall of the app. Media always live in the public "shared" part of the phone, so the app doesn't make any extra copies of those.

For migrating to the DTEK60, you're going to want to use the "Export conversations for Android" feature from the media settings page. This feature doesn't require any existing backups. However, it does require a large SD card with enough space for your messages and media (though you can configure it to skip media, if necessary).

What this feature does, is to create an Android-compatible backup of all your WhatsApp message data and media.
    Once you have your DTEK60, you can move over the SD card, then use a file manager app to copy the "WhatsApp" directory from that card to the phone's internal storage. After that, install WhatsApp and restore from the local backup.
    Mate, thank you so much. I can't even express my gratitude for everything you've done for all of us these last few years. I don't know where this whole situation leaves you, but I'm hoping you're able to move departments or something! Anyway thanks again and wish you all the best.

Posted via CB10
    elfabio80 and Gallofa like this.
    11-02-16 02:09 PM
    Okay so I know it's an unsupported feature, but I was just wondering if anyone had any idea why I'd get this error and any way around it?

EDIT: I have no idea why the screenshot no longer works, but it was just an error message saying export failed.
    Attachment 411461

It came up almost immediately after I began the process.

Could it be because there are so many messages to export?

WhatsApp for BlackBerry 10 - Beta Testing-911.jpg
    Last edited by SeanKent; 11-07-16 at 03:49 AM.
    11-06-16 06:41 AM
    Update: I even get the error when I untick EVERYTHING aside from the default messages which can't be unticked. I didn't want to have to lose 1,500,000 messages D: but looks like it can't be helped.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-16 07:42 AM
    Update 2: I tried a regular backup and that kept on failing too. But then I had an idea to turn off any data, be it mobile data or WiFi. I thought maybe the constant incoming messages are causing it to fail. Once I turned all network off, the backup worked fine. I'm now attempting to export to Android and it's over half way done with no error (although this is without any media). If it works, I think I'll try again with media included.

What's really odd though is that I initially had my data off and it told me I had to have my Internet on to do the export!
    11-06-16 08:12 AM
    Update 3: The phone is about 18 hours in to the backup with all media included, but it is only about 25% done. And I THINK that is just the conversation part, it hasn't touched the media yet. Looks like this may take a while, so I've just left it at home and not gonna touch it until it's done. I've still got it disconnected from any internet/data which seems to make it work and not fail as above.

I've heard that WhatsApp on Android stores everything on the phone memory and doesn't have the option to automatically save media to the memory card. This would probably be problematic for me as my data would disappear in no time at all! So I think I'll adopt my memory card as internal storage. I bought a U3 card which I'm sure is fast enough to do its job properly.

I'll update in a couple of days when/if this transfer completes
    11-07-16 03:47 AM
    Okay so I know it's an unsupported feature, but I was just wondering if anyone had any idea why I'd get this error and any way around it?
    If you, or anyone, sees an error popup during the export process, please use the in-app Contact Support feature and then PM me with the ticket number/info in the auto-response. While you won't get any actual "support", looking at your logs will help me know what failed and if something can be done about it.
    11-07-16 12:10 PM
    If you, or anyone, sees an error popup during the export process, please use the in-app Contact Support feature and then PM me with the ticket number/info in the auto-response. While you won't get any actual "support", looking at your logs will help me know what failed and if something can be done about it.
    That was my immediate thought as I remember you telling loads of people to do that in this thread, but I couldn't find out where to do this! I looked in every section of the settings.

I'm around 30 hours into the export now, and it's about half way done with the messages. When it's done, I'll get the export off and will immediately try and replicate the error I got and send a ticket
    11-07-16 02:28 PM
    That was my immediate thought as I remember you telling loads of people to do that in this thread, but I couldn't find out where to do this! I looked in every section of the settings.

I'm around 30 hours into the export now, and it's about half way done with the messages. When it's done, I'll get the export off and will immediately try and replicate the error I got and send a ticket
    Thanks.
    Its actually under the "About" screen (not Settings), and may only be available if you have the BlackBerry Beta Zone app installed on your phone.
    (It doesn't matter where you actually installed WhatsApp itself from.)
    11-08-16 10:39 AM
2,220 ... 8182838485 ...