Have you already run WhatsFixer or the command line fix?
    Ran WhatsFixer but it keeps searching for backups still...

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  Passport (OG Red) <3
    01-02-18 01:50 PM

Hmm, I'm out of ideas. I guess you can try wiping the device in case it's a runtime bug but it won't guarantee a fix.
    01-02-18 03:12 PM
    When the popup of No Google Play Services appear tap anywhere outside the box (NOT on the OK button)

Posted via CB10
    01-02-18 04:13 PM
    When the popup of No Google Play Services appear tap anywhere outside the box (NOT on the OK button)

Posted via CB10
    As I said earlier: the searching for backups screen is *after* the GPS dialog, so...

01-02-18 05:20 PM
    As I said earlier: the searching for backups screen is *after* the GPS dialog, so...
    I know, but it happened to me before and it worked right when tried that suggestion (found originally here https://www.androidpit.com/forum/703...screen#3079948 )

Posted via CB10
    01-02-18 08:47 PM
    Good morning,
    is it still possible to receive a Beta version of Whatsapp that gives me the possibility to generate a file for Android? I have a BB Classic and I'm trying to export the chat in order to reload it on the keyone.
    The release of WA on the Classic is 2.17.1 generated a .crypt file while the current one on Android is 2.17.427 that generates and recognizes a file .crypt12
    Thank you for any suggestions.
    Mauro
    01-07-18 02:52 AM
    Good morning,
    is it still possible to receive a Beta version of Whatsapp that gives me the possibility to generate a file for Android? I have a BB Classic and I'm trying to export the chat in order to reload it on the keyone.
    The release of WA on the Classic is 2.17.1 generated a .crypt file while the current one on Android is 2.17.427 that generates and recognizes a file .crypt12
    Thank you for any suggestions.
    Mauro
    Do you still have WhatsApp on your Classic and are you logged in? If you still have the app installed you can try logging in again but I don't know if WhatsApp will let you anymore.

WhatsApp was pulled from BB World so I don't think there's a way to download it again.
    01-07-18 10:58 AM
    The problem is not the version 2.17.1 of which I have a copy, is that I tried to reload it but it does not let me install it because it tells me it is obsolete.
    01-07-18 11:44 AM
    The problem is not the version 2.17.1 of which I have a copy, is that I tried to reload it but it does not let me install it because it tells me it is obsolete.
    I think that is the latest version but try this,

- On your BB10 phone, open the browser and go to the WhatsApp website
    - Click the "Download Now" button at the top of the page
    - Clicking it should open BB World, see if you can update the app or redownload

If you still can't login after updating/reinstalling they've probably blocked it on the server end.

If you still have some level of access to your WhatsApp account on your Classic you should perform an email backup of any important conversations first just to be safe.

https://faq.whatsapp.com/en/bb10/27571777
    01-07-18 12:24 PM
    Do you still have WhatsApp on your Classic and are you logged in? If you still have the app installed you can try logging in again but I don't know if WhatsApp will let you anymore.

WhatsApp was pulled from BB World so I don't think there's a way to download it again.
    I bookmarked it in BlackBerry World. http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/2360
    01-08-18 04:20 AM
    I just wanted to mention a new menu option in WhatsApp for BB10 that has recently become available, along with all those expiration warnings. If you go to the "Settings" screen, tap the overflow icon (3 dots in the lower-right corner), you'll see something called "Copy Database".

This menu option will make an unencrypted copy of your message database in a place you can access with the File Manager.

This database file is in SQLite format, and the schema is specific to the BB10 app, so it is not an end-user-friendly chat export/migration feature. However, it is a simple way for more technically inclined users to simply get their data out of the app.
    eldricho, Invictus0, Qorax and 3 others like this.
    01-09-18 11:13 AM
    It's amazing to see you're still helping people migrate! Much props to you!
    Qorax and elfabio80 like this.
    01-09-18 11:18 AM
    I just wanted to mention a new menu option in WhatsApp for BB10 that has recently become available, along with all those expiration warnings. If you go to the "Settings" screen, tap the overflow icon (3 dots in the lower-right corner), you'll see something called "Copy Database".

This menu option will make an unencrypted copy of your message database in a place you can access with the File Manager.

This database file is in SQLite format, and the schema is specific to the BB10 app, so it is not an end-user-friendly chat export/migration feature. However, it is a simple way for more technically inclined users to simply get their data out of the app.
    Any way to convert to android schema?
    01-10-18 10:11 PM
    Whats
    01-12-18 09:25 PM
    Hi Dkonigsberg. So due to my busy schedule I didn't realise I could not export the crypt file to an Android compatible version via the bb10 WhatsApp export function because the deadline passed. Is there any other way to convert and restore the passport's WhatsApp crypt version to let's say the Android pk version or on the priv? I've been cracking my head all day! Please help!! Thanks so much!!

Last edited by Efl2; 01-16-18 at 09:04 PM.
    01-16-18 08:57 AM
    Is there a way for android whatsapp to send pictures without sd card?
    01-16-18 11:21 AM
    Because of this, I've decided to do what is necessary to make this possible. In the new beta version of the BlackBerry 10 app (v2.12.236), if you go to the "Media Settings" screen, you'll find a new button labeled "Export conversations for Android".
    I just wanted to say that I used this feature successfully today, and imported my messages to the Android WA version running on BB10, after WA for BB10 has been blocked. Thank you!
    01-18-18 03:59 AM
    Delete
    01-18-18 06:11 AM
    Is there any way to take back-up for android version?

Posted via CB10
    01-26-18 04:25 AM
    I just wanted to say that I used this feature successfully today, and imported my messages to the Android WA version running on BB10, after WA for BB10 has been blocked. Thank you!
    Where can I get beta version v2.12...?

Posted via CB10
    01-26-18 04:44 AM
    It should already be there on BB10 for individual messages you receive from unknown numbers.
    What is missing on BB10, is support for group-message spam reporting. (This is a newer tactic, where someone ads you to a group, sends spam, then kicks you from the group.)
    It's a bit of a long-shot, but I hope that you see this and can possibly point me in the right direction?

I've been a Z10 user since day 1, and have finally moved onto a Motion. After all of the drama of getting calendar syncing working, my final task is to try and recover/move all of my WA history from Z10 to Motion. I've got two WA apps on the Z10:

1 - The original BB10 WA app - this has got the bulk of the chat history on it, right up until Facebook stopped supporting it and closed it down.

2 - A sideloaded version of the Android app, that was used from when the original app stopped working until I moved on.

At the moment, I can't move either chat history to the Motion:

1 - When you try to open the original BB10 WA app - it comes up with a "Please adjust your time/date settings" (whilst displaying the correct time and date!). It won't go any further, so I can't even try to use the "exporting to Android" support method, as I just can't get in the app. Is there a way to solve this?

2 - Using the sideloaded Android app - it will perform a local back-up, which is being backed up onto the handset itself (not the SD card... Gggrrrrr). Forget trying to back-up to a Google drive account - when you ask it to do this, you just a spinning circle, and it basically falls over and does not / cannot back-up to Google drive, despite my correct gmail account details being input during the sideloading / WA fixer / Google Play install that is detailed elsewhere. It just won't have it!

In a perfect world, I'd like to get my BB10 chat off the phone and onto the Motion, so that I can pick up where I left off. Is this even possible?

If not, how do I get into the BB10 WA?

If not, how can I move the sideloaded Android WA chat to the Motion?

Many, many thanks for any help/assistance/pointers...
    10-18-18 09:00 PM
    It's a bit of a long-shot, but I hope that you see this and can possibly point me in the right direction?

I've been a Z10 user since day 1, and have finally moved onto a Motion. After all of the drama of getting calendar syncing working, my final task is to try and recover/move all of my WA history from Z10 to Motion. I've got two WA apps on the Z10:

1 - The original BB10 WA app - this has got the bulk of the chat history on it, right up until Facebook stopped supporting it and closed it down.

2 - A sideloaded version of the Android app, that was used from when the original app stopped working until I moved on.

At the moment, I can't move either chat history to the Motion:

1 - When you try to open the original BB10 WA app - it comes up with a "Please adjust your time/date settings" (whilst displaying the correct time and date!). It won't go any further, so I can't even try to use the "exporting to Android" support method, as I just can't get in the app. Is there a way to solve this?

2 - Using the sideloaded Android app - it will perform a local back-up, which is being backed up onto the handset itself (not the SD card... Gggrrrrr). Forget trying to back-up to a Google drive account - when you ask it to do this, you just a spinning circle, and it basically falls over and does not / cannot back-up to Google drive, despite my correct gmail account details being input during the sideloading / WA fixer / Google Play install that is detailed elsewhere. It just won't have it!

In a perfect world, I'd like to get my BB10 chat off the phone and onto the Motion, so that I can pick up where I left off. Is this even possible?

If not, how do I get into the BB10 WA?

If not, how can I move the sideloaded Android WA chat to the Motion?

Many, many thanks for any help/assistance/pointers...
    Try going into device settings and changing your date/time to right before WhatsApp stopped working natively. It might then let you get in to export to Android.
    10-19-18 02:33 AM
    Try going into device settings and changing your date/time to right before WhatsApp stopped working natively. It might then let you get in to export to Android.
    Thanks for the suggestion. I've just tried that, taking back the date two years to October 2016. It still brings up the same "Inaccurate Phone Data" screen:

"Your phone's clock is set to Thu Oct 20 16:48:06 2016. Please adjust your clock and restart WhatsApp" - and there's a grey "Date and Time settings" button below the message to change the date/time.
    10-20-18 10:51 AM
    I know its been a frequent request to be able to move one's message history between platforms. The problem is that not only do all of our platforms use different methods for encrypting message history backups, they also use completely different formats for the message history databases themselves. As such, implementing this capability would require a potentially complex import/export process. In addition, simply moving the data between phones can be a challenge. Not every phone supports an SD media card, cloud backup services aren't as easily accessible on all platforms, and either of these methods could be too complicated for the average non-technical user.

That being said, many of us are starting to face the long term reality of the BlackBerry 10 platform. With the introduction of the BlackBerry Priv, its clear that many are deciding to move on to Android. Since its introduction, the frequency of requests for an Android migration path have dramatically increased.

Because of this, I've decided to do what is necessary to make this possible. In the new beta version of the BlackBerry 10 app (v2.12.236), if you go to the "Media Settings" screen, you'll find a new button labeled "Export conversations for Android". This button launches a process that does all the hard work to convert your BlackBerry 10 message history into a format that is compatible with our Android client. It requires an SD media card to function, and takes a while to process. Once complete, you can move the SD media card over to an Android phone, move the data to the internal storage (if applicable), and restore the backup.

I want to stress that this feature is unsupported and currently only available for beta users. Officially, our stance on moving message history between platforms has not changed. I encourage you to help others on these forums with this feature, when they ask about migrating their data.

Sincerely,
    Your foolishly faithful and dedicated BlackBerry 10 client developer

Hi there dkonigsberg

I'm still trying to restore my data, after all this time. I've stopped using WhatsApp as a result, and I've decided that now's the time to try to get it sorted, once and for all. You've got to love a tryer!?

I've got the BB BlackBerry 10 app (v2.12.236) - and I can still get into it. I've tried for years to use the "export conversations for Android" function, and when I click it, it goes to the next screen. On that screen, you get the warnings etc, and I click on the "Prepare" button at the bottom.

It then goes to a screen saying:

This feature is unsupported!

Could not prepare for conversation export because WhatsApp does not have a valid network connection.

The handset is connected to my WiFi network and has internet access. Can you please, please, please help me with trying to get this export working? I really, really, really want to save and export my old conversations.

So many thanks if you reply.

Richard
    08-11-20 05:21 PM
    Hi there dkonigsberg

I'm still trying to restore my data, after all this time. I've stopped using WhatsApp as a result, and I've decided that now's the time to try to get it sorted, once and for all. You've got to love a tryer!?

I've got the BB BlackBerry 10 app (v2.12.236) - and I can still get into it. I've tried for years to use the "export conversations for Android" function, and when I click it, it goes to the next screen. On that screen, you get the warnings etc, and I click on the "Prepare" button at the bottom.

It then goes to a screen saying:

This feature is unsupported!

Could not prepare for conversation export because WhatsApp does not have a valid network connection.

The handset is connected to my WiFi network and has internet access. Can you please, please, please help me with trying to get this export working? I really, really, really want to save and export my old conversations.

So many thanks if you reply.

Richard
    The native WhatsApp app has been shuttered for years.

You need to run the Android version, so you won't be able to restore from your ancient file.

www.WhatsApp.com/android
    08-11-20 05:31 PM
2,220 ... 86878889