Dunno. But several people in the last few weeks, including people in the two posts above this one, reported it. I'm not a dev so I don't know what the exact cause is.

Posted via CB10 using BlackBerry Passport (OG Red)
    The exact cause is described here.
    Vistaus likes this.
    07-01-16 03:26 PM
    Can anyone answer the important question please, which is how to export chat history from BB10 to Android or iOS, since someone did it successfully. Stop asking for new features people!!!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-01-16 09:14 PM
    Can anyone answer the important question please, which is how to export chat history from BB10 to Android or iOS, since someone did it successfully. Stop asking for new features people!!!

This qn has been asked and answered multiple times in this thread and others. See also <a href="http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1076619">

Posted via CB10
    07-01-16 09:22 PM

On the latest WhatsApp for BB10, go to Settings > Multimedia settings. There is an option to export history to Android (there is, however, an odd message saying it's not suported yet, but it is). Follow through and save it on your SD card.

Once done, the backup folder with all the data must be copied to your Android's internal memory, before setting up WhatsApp for the first time (if it's already set up, uninstall and reinstall). If all is in place it will prompt you to confirm if you want to restore your history.

I managed to get it to work from Passport to PRIV.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android with my PRIV by BlackBerry.
    07-01-16 11:23 PM
    On the latest WhatsApp for BB10, go to Settings > Multimedia settings. There is an option to export history to Android (there is, however, an odd message saying it's not suported yet, but it is). Follow through and save it on your SD card.

Once done, the backup folder with all the data must be copied to your Android's internal memory, before setting up WhatsApp for the first time (if it's already set up, uninstall and reinstall). If all is in place it will prompt you to confirm if you want to restore your history.

I managed to get it to work from Passport to PRIV.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android with my PRIV by BlackBerry.
    It works but it is NOT SUPPORTED by them. Two different things. This is the path to move away from WhatsApp BB10 to WhatsApp Android.

Sadly as BB10 has enough stamina to support WhatsApp current and future versions for years...

Posted via CB10
    07-03-16 01:34 PM
    It works but it is NOT SUPPORTED by them. Two different things. This is the path to move away from WhatsApp BB10 to WhatsApp Android.

Sadly as BB10 has enough stamina to support WhatsApp current and future versions for years...

Posted via CB10
    It's an odd and somewhat confusing message. If WhatsApp doesn't "support" a feature many regular users would logically think it doesn't "work". Put yourself in the position of a regular user who is just trying to figure out something, not that of a "know it all tech-savy genius".

Posted with my powerful and masterful  Passport!
    07-03-16 02:39 PM
    Just changed back to my old Q10.

Man I love that form factor, the size and the one hand use.

No way android is as good as that.

Please whatsapp rethink your decision. You are going to be the last nail in the coffin of that wonderful OS.

I think the BlackBerry10 users would pay at least 10 bucks per month if you keep up the service!

Posted via CB10
    07-07-16 02:31 PM

I think the BlackBerry10 users would pay at least 10 bucks per month if you keep up the service!

Posted via CB10
    Agreed. In fact, I don't even use WhatsApp but I would still pay at least 10 bucks per month to keep the BB10 version alive.

07-08-16 12:00 AM
    I updated by WhatsApp to the latest beta the other day. I opened it up today to be greeted by a message stating that WhatsApp will cease to function from December 2016.
    07-08-16 03:27 AM
    I updated by WhatsApp to the latest beta the other day. I opened it up today to be greeted by a message stating that WhatsApp will cease to function from December 2016.
    You are slow baby, you are slow

07-08-16 08:02 AM
    You are slow baby, you are slow
    No, not really, I knew it was coming to an end. The last time I looked at this, there was some confusion as to whether that meant no more updates or actually a non-functioning app. Now I know for sure.

Sorry I don't spend all my waking time in Crackberry.
    07-08-16 08:14 AM
    The exact cause is described here.
    Thanks. Btw, there's a fix for this now as someone as posted WAA Fixer to Beta Zone.

07-08-16 11:48 PM
    Btw, is there no way to somehow trick WhatsApp after 31 Dec into thinking one is using an Android device? 'Cause APK's are patchable, thanks to Cobalt.

07-08-16 11:50 PM
    Thanks. Btw, there's a fix for this now as someone as posted WAA Fixer to Beta Zone.

The passion of this small yet strong BlackBerry community always amazes me. Wish BlackBerry had shown it a little beyond the initial period for BlackBerry 10

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    anon(9158709) and Vistaus like this.
    07-08-16 11:51 PM
    Btw, is there no way to somehow trick WhatsApp after 31 Dec into thinking one is using an Android device? 'Cause APK's are patchable, thanks to Cobalt.

Worry not, another developer named Nemory is already preparing an 3rd party alternative for life after 31 Dec 2016. It's called WhatsUp10, as usual, tonnes of exciting features and perhaps the most advanced feature would be "Able to send message".

Posted via CB10
    07-09-16 07:39 AM
    Worry not, another developer named Nemory is already preparing an 3rd party alternative for life after 31 Dec 2016. It's called WhatsUp10, as usual, tonnes of exciting features and perhaps the most advanced feature would be "Able to send message".

Posted via CB10
    I know and I've already said that Nemory's upcoming alternative is not going to live long because the past 1,5 years WhatsApp has shut down 3rd party clients with a cease and desist. Sooner or later they will find out about Nemory's client, esp. since the main WA BB10 dev hangs out here, and they will c&d it as well.

07-09-16 03:59 PM
    Hello. For the ones with android version - test this app �n Beta Zone.
    WhatsApp for BlackBerry 10 - Beta Testing-img_20160710_000745.png

Posted via CB10
    07-09-16 04:09 PM
    Post #2017 has already been reached. Is it time to close this thread? #lamejoke

Posted via PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2876
    07-09-16 04:23 PM
    Does anyone have the default wallpaper in black? Looking to use it for my priv.

07-20-16 02:33 PM
    Messages are sometimes not received to my phone unless I click on a previous chat from the hub. Then all of a sudden, all the recent messages which I was supposed to get, starts to come on hub.

Posted via CB10
    07-23-16 01:51 AM
    Messages are sometimes not received to my phone unless I click on a previous chat from the hub. Then all of a sudden, all the recent messages which I was supposed to get, starts to come on hub.

Posted via CB10
    Could be related to this if BlackBerry is having issues again,

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe.../#post12471326
    07-23-16 09:10 AM
    But BBM is working well. So no problem with BlackBerry push services I think.

Posted via CB10
    07-23-16 10:02 AM
    Could be related to this if BlackBerry is having issues again,

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe.../#post12471326
    In that the WhatsApp dev mentioned, it's resolved, but it's not, it still happens for me!

Posted via CB10
    07-26-16 04:19 AM
    Thank you guys for this thread.......I downloaded WhatsApp from beta, downloaded the Waa fixer and now am exporting to android, then what? Can someone be very specific as to what the exact next steps including how to save on my internal storage on the priv, where to find it/? Then where should I download WhatsApp from on my new priv? Beta again? Waa fixer also? And will my conversations automatically restore or are there any steps I need to take? Thanks so much!!!
    08-05-16 08:04 AM
    Unable install in PassportSQW100-1/10.3.3.746. Installation stuck during initializing for unlimited time. Any solution to this? Thank you

Posted via CB10 on Passport SQW100-1/10.3.3.746
    08-07-16 10:48 PM
2,220 ... 7980818283 ...