Hi there,
    I have a massive issue with Whatsapp on my Z10.
    I have the latest Software 10.0.10.90 on it and could install the App with no issues (and yes, I gave the App all the permissions it wanted) - I also got the Whatsapp software update that came out hours after the original release and everything seemed to work flawlessly.
    So far so good, BUT once I restart my Z10 or shut it off and on again, all my contacts are gone in Whatsapp. I can shutdown the App, restart the phone over and over again but nothing will help, the contacts are all gone after the first restart of the phone after installing Whatsapp.

The only way to get them back is to uninstall whatsapp completely, restart the phone and reinstall Whatsapp, then the contacts are back BUT only until you reboot the phone.

I assume it is a bug and I need to wait until a new version of Whatsap is available.
    To all these people where Whatapp works, have you restarted your phone - really?
    The same bug is replicable with all 3 of 3 my friends Z10's.

Also, there is another small bug in this Whatsapp version: The message Bell shows up - but there is nothing waiting for me in the HUB...the bell is gone once I restart my phone - but so are my contacts

Do you have any idea what I could do (except not restarting my phone)?

FYI: For all you having issues downloading / installing Whatsapp - you need to be on Software 10.0.10.90, never encountered any issues with that Software Version. If your provider doesnt push out this software yet, try to get a hold of a SIM of an operator that pushes out this version, i.e. Vodafone UK or Germany (O2 and other will possibly also work as of now). The SIM doesn't even need to be active, just pop it in and let the device search for an update - let it install and go back to your "original" SIM!
    Last edited by L2C; 03-15-13 at 05:22 AM.
    EggTarts likes this.
    03-15-13 03:50 AM
    This happened to me to, but it seemed to correct itself after a while. Try rebooting again and leave it for a short while and should be fine. Also, make sure you're on the latest version, there was an upgrade released pretty much straight away after the initial release

Posted via CB10
    03-15-13 04:02 AM
    Sorry, didn't read the whole post

Posted via CB10
    03-15-13 04:02 AM
    This happened to me to, but it seemed to correct itself after a while. Try rebooting again and leave it for a short while and should be fine. Also, make sure you're on the latest version, there was an upgrade released pretty much straight away after the initial release

Posted via CB10
    Hi,
    I have the latest (second Version) Whatsapp version installed, and I have rebooted noumerous times, but still no luck, all contacts remain to be gone - the only way to get them back is if I delete and reinstall Whatsapp completely
    03-15-13 04:19 AM
    Refresh your Contacts list in WhatsApp followed by Favourites.

Posted via CB10
    Spawn12 and QuantumQnx like this.
    03-15-13 04:27 AM

Posted via CB10
    Did that really wotk for you?
    Right now I have reinstalled Whatsapp (all contacts are back) and do not want to reboot until a 100% working solution is posted, otherwise I have to uninstall and reinstall it all over again....
    03-15-13 04:33 AM
    Yes. Always does. Even after I power down and up again. Takes a while.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-13 04:42 AM
    Yes. Always does. Even after I power down and up again. Takes a while.

Posted via CB10
    You are my hero for today, took about 5 minutes after refreshing the favorites and contacts, problem solved.

Do you guys also have the issue that when you get some Whatsapp messages my Z10 shows the "bell" for new messages although there are none?
    03-15-13 04:58 AM
    Yes the bell sometimes stays after you've read it. I've noticed that going to the message direct from the hub removes the bell better than opening the app and reading it.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-13 05:12 AM
    Yes the bell sometimes stays after you've read it. I've noticed that going to the message direct from the hub removes the bell better than opening the app and reading it.

Posted via CB10
    Will try that out, unfortunately opening a message trough the HUB takes a bit longer than just opening WA running in the background tile.
    Do you know of any way of getting rid of the bell without restarting the device?
    03-15-13 05:18 AM
    think bbry needs to beef up their contacts in the next update. very buggy compared to os7 and below
    03-15-13 07:57 AM
    Will try that out, unfortunately opening a message trough the HUB takes a bit longer than just opening WA running in the background tile.
    Do you know of any way of getting rid of the bell without restarting the device?
    No difference for me. By habit now, I go to the Hub. One Stop Shop.
    03-15-13 09:01 AM
    think bbry needs to beef up their contacts in the next update. very buggy compared to os7 and below
    BBRY? WhatsApp you mean.
    NightSlayer likes this.
    03-15-13 09:02 AM
    WhatsApp is aware of this issue and they had this to say when I emailed them about it:

Ken V (WhatsApp Support)

Mar 14 12:00 (PDT)

Hi

Thanks for bring this issue to our attention. The next release will have a fix for contacts disappearing after reboot of the device.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or feedback.

thanks

-ken

[email protected]

WhatsApp Support Team
    robkd likes this.
    03-15-13 10:49 AM
    Can someone please tell me what the latest version of Whatsapp is please??

At the moment i have version is 2.9.3741.0.

Reason i ask is that i heard that there was another version released in BB world ie an update but im not sure if i have it or not. Ive checked for updates and nothing comes up as of yet so its lead me to believe that i might have the latest version anyhow.

But if anyone could be so kind to post up their version number, id appreciate it.

Thanks.
    03-15-13 01:06 PM
    Can someone please tell me what the latest version of Whatsapp is please??

At the moment i have version is 2.9.3741.0.

Reason i ask is that i heard that there was another version released in BB world ie an update but im not sure if i have it or not. Ive checked for updates and nothing comes up as of yet so its lead me to believe that i might have the latest version anyhow.

But if anyone could be so kind to post up their version number, id appreciate it.

Thanks.
    You are running the latest version.
    Spawn12 likes this.
    03-15-13 02:14 PM
    Happened to me as well after reboot!!! Folks do not reboot your devices if u want to keep whatsapp running normally.

But I figured if you are here reading this now it's tooooo late!!!

Hopefully the fix comes sooner rather then later.
    03-15-13 02:31 PM

Posted via CB10
    worked! But hopefully it doesn't act up again...thanks!
    pandapurple likes this.
    03-15-13 05:40 PM
    Yah, the refresh takes a while, but it will come back.
    03-16-13 12:10 AM
    BBRY? WhatsApp you mean.
    I'm actually inclined to believe it's partly due to the contacts that whatsapp is screwing up.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-13 12:44 AM
    I'm actually inclined to believe it's partly due to the contacts that whatsapp is screwing up.

Posted via CB10
    No, it's nothing to do with BBRY from my point of view. Our contacts in the Z10 hasn't showed any problems. Whereas the Contacts in WhatsApp needs to be refreshed first and once this is done, the Favourites in WhatsApp should also be refreshed.
    03-16-13 04:36 AM
    No, it's nothing to do with BBRY from my point of view. Our contacts in the Z10 hasn't showed any problems. Whereas the Contacts in WhatsApp needs to be refreshed first and once this is done, the Favourites in WhatsApp should also be refreshed.
    Hmmm.. for me the contacts have been slightly buggy. It'd probably be all right if you didn't have your contacts from many sources, however for me, my contacts are coming from Gmail, local, facebook, and when they're linked, all sorts of bugs come in, like defaulting to the Facebook name, which can be rubbish for some of my friends (some contacts can never be successfully edited no matter how I try)

Though I agree that the general issue of not being able to pull the entire contact list off contacts is a whatsapp issue, I have some contacts which refuse to get loaded, and my hunch is these contacts have some errors.

Then again the bb7 what app also used to have this problem :/

Well, just hope it gets resolved soon! Meanwhile I've gotta overhaul my contact list

Posted via CB10
    03-16-13 10:05 AM
    Well, just hope it gets resolved soon! Meanwhile I've gotta overhaul my contact list
    Like you, I have Contacts from multiple sources too. Google Contacts + contacts from old SIM card + Facebook. The problem I faced is when the Contacts are linked, I have to unlink them in order for the Contacts to show up in WhatsApp's Favourites. Luckily I have been very diligent in keeping my FB friends list under 300 (A hello to a new face doesn't belong to my FB, sorry) and so the problem of not being able to send WhatsApp is a very small issue for me.

That said, I hope the new WhatsApp update can automatically detect the mobile number as a qualifier and pop them all into Favourites.
    03-16-13 10:51 AM
    Like you, I have Contacts from multiple sources too. Google Contacts + contacts from old SIM card + Facebook. The problem I faced is when the Contacts are linked, I have to unlink them in order for the Contacts to show up in WhatsApp's Favourites. Luckily I have been very diligent in keeping my FB friends list under 300 (A hello to a new face doesn't belong to my FB, sorry) and so the problem of not being able to send WhatsApp is a very small issue for me.

That said, I hope the new WhatsApp update can automatically detect the mobile number as a qualifier and pop them all into Favourites.
    Hopefully on the contacts side Bbry can allow us to choose the default source that all other contacts link to. It's a total mess in my contacts when I have friends calling themselves weird names.

WhatsApp too needs more updates. Buggy, but it's a start

Posted via CB10
    03-16-13 01:30 PM
    Thanks Panda, keep losing my contacts and faves every time I reboot my z10. But thanks to your tip, I managed to get them back.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-13 02:17 PM
36 12