Hey CB Members!

You may remember, or already have the original version, but now I'd like to present you with "What's On?" version 2.0 - a complete rewrite from the ground up in Native Cascades - and it has just been approved in BlackBerry World!

This native app allows you to stay up to date with the latest TV News, Track your favorite shows with the latest Listings, Schedules, built-in Calendar Reminders and more!
    "What's On?" v2.0 - Native Cascades! - Built for BlackBerry Approved!-builtforblackberry_onwht.jpg
    This App has achieved the Built for BlackBerry™ designation. This means that it has been through a rigorous approval process at BlackBerry and will deliver a quality BlackBerry� 10 experience.

Features Include:

• The latest TV related news from TV Rage.
    • Add your favorite shows for quick and easy access.
    • Mark episodes as "watched" and track your progress for each saved series.
    • A 7-day TV schedule with the ability to set Calendar Reminders from the schedule.
    • Saved shows are automatically highlighted in the schedule.
    • Choose the country for your schedule. Currently supported: US, CA, UK, AU.
    • Detailed series information with show and episode summary's and air dates.
    • Search the TV database.
    • Active frame scrolls through the latest TV news items.
    • Various keyboard shortcuts for QWERTY users.
    • NEW Reminders section with deep calendar integration so you can manage your reminders without leaving the app!

*** Z10, Z30, Q10 and Q5 are all supported! *** Minimum OS 10.1

Plus I'm planning to add more features in future updates and feedback and feature requests are encouraged!!

NOTE: Only new episodes appear in the schedule, repeat episodes do not! - Canadian users should select the US schedule unless you only want to see Canadian specific programing.

BlackBerry World Link: BlackBerry World - What's On?

BlackBerry World QRCode:
    "What's On?" v2.0 - Native Cascades! - Built for BlackBerry Approved!-appworld.blackberry.com.png

Price: 2.99

A few Screenshots (more in BB World):
    "What's On?" v2.0 - Native Cascades! - Built for BlackBerry Approved!-f_01.png "What's On?" v2.0 - Native Cascades! - Built for BlackBerry Approved!-f_02.png "What's On?" v2.0 - Native Cascades! - Built for BlackBerry Approved!-f_03.png "What's On?" v2.0 - Native Cascades! - Built for BlackBerry Approved!-f_04.png
    "What's On?" v2.0 - Native Cascades! - Built for BlackBerry Approved!-f_05.png "What's On?" v2.0 - Native Cascades! - Built for BlackBerry Approved!-f_06.png "What's On?" v2.0 - Native Cascades! - Built for BlackBerry Approved!-f_07.png "What's On?" v2.0 - Native Cascades! - Built for BlackBerry Approved!-f_08.png

About App Permissions:
    This application asks for BBM and Calendar permissions. It connects to BBM to allow you to invite others to download, and Calendar permissions are needed so you can set calendar reminders from the schedule.

Main site: Jason Oickle | Independent BlackBerry Developer
    Twitter: @JasonOickle
    Facebook: What's On? Facebook Page
    BBM Channel:
    "What's On?" v2.0 - Native Cascades! - Built for BlackBerry Approved!-channel.png

You can also reach me here on CrackBerry.

I hope you enjoy this app!
    Last edited by skrewball; 03-24-14 at 01:47 PM.
    08-05-13 09:56 AM
    This is looking very slick!!!
    Nice job!
    08-05-13 10:00 AM
    This is looking very slick!!!
    Nice job!
    Thanks man!
    08-05-13 10:15 AM
    To everyone that downloaded it, how does it work for us Canadians? Pretty good?

Posted from my Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1047
    08-05-13 10:20 AM
    To everyone that downloaded it, how does it work for us Canadians? Pretty good?

Posted from my Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1047
    I'm Canadian! lol

But yeah it's essentially the same as the US, since most of our programming is broadcast from the US (except for a few Canadian channels) so you should select US for the schedule unless you only want to see Canadian specific programing.
    habs_fan likes this.
    08-05-13 10:31 AM
    First let me start off with WOW! I can't stop smiling because of how amazing the new update is! Honestly, I know I was already expecting it to be better when you first said a Cascade UI change was coming, but this blew my head.

The over quality of the app has gone leaps and bounds from what it was before. If I could I'd sing a Daft Punk song that comes to mind... lol

Also, I'm was so happy when I saw my recommendation making it to the app:

Attachment 189572

I'm very happy with the overall feel of the app now as its nowhere near what I actually expected it to be, for the better that is. Also, love the addition of the "Current Status" field on the "My Shows" section.

Attachment 189574

Now the only thing I'd like to ask or recommend is if it would be possible to add a show straight from the schedule screen instead of having to go into the quick info screen, seems like an unnecessary extra step.

Attachment 189573

Actually found another when I moved the post from the old thread to this one. I noticed that now you can keep track of the episodes you watched. If the APU allows, maybe a way to set a whole season as watched rather than have to go episode by episode?

Attachment 189622

Attachment 189623

Again, let me express my gratitude for this amazing app!

Posted from CB10
    08-05-13 11:02 AM
    Very nice update! Amazing job... really slick.

Here are a couple of suggestions I hope you can implement:
    • On 'My Favorite Shows' page, under "status" (or configurable to be instead of "status"?), show how many episodes are not watched (only aired episodes counted) & next episode air date (next unwatched episode)
    • On 'My Favorite Shows' page, a long press on the show name should bring an option to mark next episode watched
    • Ability to have no reminder set for calendar entries

Keep up the great work!
    08-05-13 11:35 AM
    I deleted, rebooted, and re-downloaded, and all of my wierdness went away. The icon is back. Love the improvements. Keep up the great work and support.
    08-05-13 11:40 AM
    First let me start off with WOW! I can't stop smiling because of how amazing the new update is! Honestly, I know I was already expecting it to be better when you first said a Cascade UI change was coming, but this blew my head.

The over quality of the app has gone leaps and bounds from what it was before. If I could I'd sing a Daft Punk song that comes to mind... lol

Also, I'm was so happy when I saw my recommendation making it to the app:

Attachment 189572

I'm very happy with the overall feel of the app now as its nowhere near what I actually expected it to be, for the better that is. Also, love the addition of the "Current Status" field on the "My Shows" section.

Attachment 189574

Now the only thing I'd like to ask or recommend is if it would be possible to add a show straight from the schedule screen instead of having to go into the quick info screen, seems like an unnecessary extra step.

Attachment 189573

Actually found another when I moved the post from the old thread to this one. I noticed that now you can keep track of the episodes you watched. If the APU allows, maybe a way to set a whole season as watched rather than have to go episode by episode?

Attachment 189622

Attachment 189623

Again, let me express my gratitude for this amazing app!

Posted from CB10
    Thanks man, I'm happy you like it! I took all suggestions under consideration while I was rebuilding the app. There's more I want to add though!

I can add in the ability to add shows from the schedule, it would require a call out to the API to get all the info needed to add it though.

Very nice update! Amazing job... really slick.

Here are a couple of suggestions I hope you can implement:
    • On 'My Favorite Shows' page, under "status" (or configurable to be instead of "status"?), show how many episodes are not watched (only aired episodes counted) & next episode air date (next unwatched episode)
    • On 'My Favorite Shows' page, a long press on the show name should bring an option to mark next episode watched
    • Ability to have no reminder set for calendar entries

Keep up the great work!
    Thanks man, I'm glad you like it as well! I will definitely take a look at these suggestions too!

I deleted, rebooted, and re-downloaded, and all of my wierdness went away. The icon is back. Love the improvements. Keep up the great work and support.
    That was a weird one lol! Good to hear you got it resolved, perhaps it was leaked OS weirdness
    08-05-13 11:59 AM
    What was the app written in before the Cascades overhaul?
    08-05-13 01:35 PM
    What was the app written in before the Cascades overhaul?
    WebWorks
    08-05-13 01:42 PM
    Hmm, no shows coming up in the schedule for me. Even favorited a few with new episodes tonight. I'm in Canada but have the app set on US.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-13 06:51 PM
    Hmm, no shows coming up in the schedule for me. Even favorited a few with new episodes tonight. I'm in Canada but have the app set on US.

Posted via CB10
    You mean the schedule is empty? You don't see something like this?

"What's On?" v2.0 - Native Cascades! - Built for BlackBerry Approved!-z_10.jpg "What's On?" v2.0 - Native Cascades! - Built for BlackBerry Approved!-z_11.jpg
    08-05-13 07:29 PM
    Is there a list anywhere of what Channels this has?
    And the ability to link in with Sky Remote Record?
    08-06-13 06:20 AM
    This app doesn't go by channel rather by what's on prime time depending on the date. Pun intended. It has schedules for:

"What's On?" v2.0 - Native Cascades! - Built for BlackBerry Approved!-img_00000518.png

IDK what Sky Remote record so I suppose it doesn't.

Posted via CB10
    skrewball likes this.
    08-06-13 07:55 AM
    Like amp323 said, it does not link with Sky Remote Record (I also don't know what it is )

.. And the schedule does indeed goes by what's on prime time, you won't see any "repeat" episodes in there cluttering up the schedule as well. The schedule comes from the TV Rage API so you can take a look at their site' weekly schedule to get a preview of what's in the app.
    flyingsolid likes this.
    08-06-13 11:01 AM
    Hey guys,

There is a search bug in the current version (2.0.0.1) that causes 0 results to be displayed when there should be one.

You'll noticed this bug when searching for specific shows that should be there like Elementary, Perception etc... nothing is found..

Anyway, I've uploaded a minor update to BlackBerry World that fixes this issue, hopefully it will be approved by Monday!

Thanks to everyone who brought this to my attention!
    08-10-13 09:14 PM
    v2.0.0.3 is now available for download! This is just a minor update to fix the search bug.

Thanks everyone!

Change log:
    - Fixed search bug that caused 0 results to be displayed when there should be one.
    - Added "About" page.
    08-13-13 10:12 AM
    Hello. I just noticed that the calendar reminders for my shows aren't recurring. Is this a bug?

Posted via CB10
    08-20-13 07:03 PM
    Hello. I just noticed that the calendar reminders for my shows aren't recurring. Is this a bug?

Posted via CB10
    Nope it's not a bug.

While I can make them recurring, I find that shows don't always air a new episode every week, and the schedule is only for 7 days so there's no way to really verify
    08-21-13 11:30 AM
    Nope it's not a bug.

While I can make them recurring, I find that shows don't always air a new episode every week, and the schedule is only for 7 days so there's no way to really verify
    Gotcha. I just noticed I can edit the Calendar Reminder to make it recurring.

Go to the reminders tab and then long press the show you want to edit. You'll see this:

"What's On?" v2.0 - Native Cascades! - Built for BlackBerry Approved!-img_00000652.png

It will say no recurrence at first. Tap on it.

"What's On?" v2.0 - Native Cascades! - Built for BlackBerry Approved!-img_00000654.png

Choose weekly or whatever the time in between episodes is for the show you're watching and where it says ends, pic after '# of occurrences'.

"What's On?" v2.0 - Native Cascades! - Built for BlackBerry Approved!-img_00000656.png

Ideally one would do edit the recurrence starting from the first episode but you can change it based on how many episodes are left. This is where the 'My Shows' tab can come in handy thanks to its episode list and projected airing date. So, if a show has 12 episodes at a rate of one a week, you'll input 12. On this instance, there's 3 episodes left and there's been two episodes aired since I first made the reminder for a total of six.

"What's On?" v2.0 - Native Cascades! - Built for BlackBerry Approved!-img_00000659.png

Now you have a weekly reminder. Sure, it takes some work, but in the long run I think it's worth it xD

Posted via CB10
    Attached Thumbnails "What's On?" v2.0 - Native Cascades! - Built for BlackBerry Approved!-img_00000651.png  
    08-21-13 04:01 PM
    Gotcha. I just noticed I can edit the Calendar Reminder to make it recurring.

Go to the reminders tab and then long press the show you want to edit. You'll see this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000652.png 
Views:	1383 
Size:	121.8 KB 
ID:	194499

It will say no recurrence at first. Tap on it.

Name:	IMG_00000654.png 
Views:	1366 
Size:	84.9 KB 
ID:	194500

Choose weekly or whatever the time in between episodes is for the show you're watching and where it says ends, pic after '# of occurrences'.

Name:	IMG_00000656.png 
Views:	1359 
Size:	75.4 KB 
ID:	194501

Ideally one would do edit the recurrence starting from the first episode but you can change it based on how many episodes are left. This is where the 'My Shows' tab can come in handy thanks to its episode list and projected airing date. So, if a show has 12 episodes at a rate of one a week, you'll input 12. On this instance, there's 3 episodes left and there's been two episodes aired since I first made the reminder for a total of six.

Name:	IMG_00000659.png 
Views:	1365 
Size:	90.9 KB 
ID:	194503

Now you have a weekly reminder. Sure, it takes some work, but in the long run I think it's worth it xD

Posted via CB10
    Nice tutorial man! that should help people that don't know how to do it I've been meaning to do a full video walk-through, just need to squeeze in some time to do it... only bad part is I will have to record the video with another device as I don't have a good camera lol. Might be tricky!

Anyway, I might be able to hack together a way for the app to get all the air dates for a show.. I will definitely look into it though.
    08-22-13 02:24 PM
    I just wanted to let everyone know that I've just started a BBM channel for What's On? Check it out here: C00120940

"What's On?" v2.0 - Native Cascades! - Built for BlackBerry Approved!-img_00000267.png

Posted via CB10
    joesworld likes this.
    09-09-13 01:30 PM
    Just wanted to let everyone know that a new update for What's On? is now available.

v2.0.0.18
    - Fixed loading issue.
    - Other minor improvements and fixes.

If you enjoy the app, don't forget to leave a glowing review!

PS. - Z30 support already exists!
    09-18-13 02:07 PM
    Hmm can't see today's schedule now???

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 05:00 PM
32 12