So this is probably a really obvious answer, but how come the largest social network app is somewhat sketchy on BB10? There is. Active frame support, and the app seems limited when compared to Facebook on iOS or Android. This probably a noob question, but I'm wondering what the actual reason is.

Posted via CB10
    01-27-14 01:13 AM
    I think the main reason is because BlackBerry the one who built the FB app. Not facebook itself.

Might be wrong.

Posted via CB10
    01-27-14 02:17 AM
    They made it together. Facebook was attending the Jam events, displaying what Facebook would look like on BlackBerry 10. All the more strange that the app is so limited.
    imadorkx likes this.
    01-27-14 02:28 AM
    It's really annoying that the Facebook app (especially the Messenger) is that unreliable.
    I would prefer BBM but unfortunately most people refuse to switch – and as it's not available on the desktop and only single log-in it's also not the perfect messenger

On one hand I can understand that BlackBerry isn't working harder on the Facebook app (better messenger could mean less BBM users ) but on the other hand it makes BB10 less interesting for social media addicts…
    01-27-14 06:39 AM
    Extremely Limited.

Unable to hide location, Unable to use emoticons, unable to thumb up, trying to load previous messages sends you back to most recent messages,. unable to mute chats, unable to view all group pics / group members, unable to edit posts.

Using the Android sideload works but it is rather laggy.

I really hope they improve facebook on bb10
    01-27-14 10:32 AM
    It's really annoying that the Facebook app (especially the Messenger) is that unreliable.
    I would prefer BBM but unfortunately most people refuse to switch – and as it's not available on the desktop and only single log-in it's also not the perfect messenger

On one hand I can understand that BlackBerry isn't working harder on the Facebook app (better messenger could mean less BBM users ) but on the other hand it makes BB10 less interesting for social media addicts…
    I do like the fact that the Facebook chat is supported in the HUB. I don't notice any lag while using it.
    01-29-14 05:01 AM
    I do like the fact that the Facebook chat is supported in the HUB. I don't notice any lag while using it.
    For me it doesn't work half of the time. Either messages aren't sent at all or I cannot receive messages anymore (only via app) and only see loading indicator.
    Also, messages are usually 15 minutes delayed when not actively engaged in the conversation.
    01-29-14 05:13 AM
    The most annoying thing is I cant seem to delete FB msg in the hub.. already delete on the website.. I have to unsync and re sync

Posted via CB10
    01-29-14 06:42 AM