I was looking at getting the IMDB pro app off blackberry world. Has anyone used this and how does it compare to the other apps or using the mobile website?

Posted via CB10
    06-08-13 11:36 PM
    I was looking at getting the IMDB pro app off blackberry world. Has anyone used this and how does it compare to the other apps or using the mobile website?

Posted via CB10
    It's just the mobile site in a wrapper with nav buttons. You're no better off buying the app than you are simply opening your browser.
    06-08-13 11:57 PM
    I use the sideloaded android app and it works like a charm. Give it a try, you cand find the bar around here, there are a lot of posts with android converted apps.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-13 06:54 AM
    Side load the actual imdb app

Posted via CB10
    06-09-13 07:16 AM
    I enjoy using IMDB Pro by appworld://vendorpage/3732. Even though it is we based iv like that it has its own browser wrap around. I like better than the side loaded one. At least it doesn't display an error message every time iv run it like the side loaded one does.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-13 07:21 AM
    +1 for the side loaded IMDb app.
    Works fine, trailers play fine. Good app.

I enjoy using IMDB Pro by appworld://vendorpage/3732. Even though it is we based iv like that it has its own browser wrap around. I like better than the side loaded one. At least it doesn't display an error message every time iv run it like the side loaded one does.

Posted via CB10
    I've sideloaded IMDb and I don't get an error... which version are you running?
    06-09-13 01:17 PM
    Ok I'll try the side loaded then.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-13 02:21 PM
    Ok I'll try the side loaded then.

Posted via CB10
    The sideloaded imdb app is one of the examples where BB10's Android environment does really well.
    I've recently started to use the Google chrome plugin method (called Playbook app manager) to sideload and it's great.
    Sideloading over wifi is addictive and plugging your device into your PC becomes a lot less appealing with this method.
    You'll find a lot of converted for BB10 apps here: Blackberry Playbook and BB10 Android Apps :: Android APP Store – Blackberry Playbook & Z10 and Q10 Apps

Most of them do work, but not all of them.
    06-09-13 02:30 PM
    I've got the side loaded android app and Search for IMDB. I prefer Search for IMDB.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-13 03:41 PM
    Just download it from BlackBerry World?!

Posted via CB10
    06-09-13 06:17 PM
    All you BlackBerry addicts out there who are sick and tired of begging The Big name apps to make their apps native, I think the only way to prove we are big enough and already a large user base is to use the same method to reach out to them.
    I'm suggesting to just use the common hashtag #BringBB10onBoard and flood their twitter accounts with the following: 'We are big enough for your app #BringBB10onBoard'
    I have some of the twitter accounts listed that obviously everyone wants but feel free to suggest yours and I'll added to the list. Post the above message.

Please post once only so they can see that it is different users and not one spamming their account.
    Hope this thread gets enough attention and works!

@netflix
    @instagram
    @Viber (according to them the app is under development)
    @pandora_radio
    @Yelp
    @AskCiti (citibank app)
    @NBA
    @NHL
    @Pinterest
    @LivingSocial
    @Fandango
    @Truecaller
    @Evernote

I'm sure if Kevin, Blaze, Adam, Kris, or Lfbe posted this the response would be huge so I hope they catch this thread and support it to gain momentum

Sent from my BlackBerry Z10 from T-Mobile
    06-09-13 09:46 PM
    search "IMDb Search" for Movie database and Actor
    it's simple apps base on mobile url
    08-25-13 09:16 PM