Something similar to where's my droid, where if you text it, it turns on an alarm.

My phone is always on silent.

The initial blackberry protect is cool but you need a computer to turn the alarm on.

Also is there an app that can turn on location services remotely, to find a lost phone?

I don't like leaving LS on in standby.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-13 11:55 AM
    As I mentioned in your other thread yesterday...

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...attery-865641/

... you'll need to leave Location Services on, and it doesn't use any battery when not in use.

The issue is that only BB Protect will work without leaving the app open. Anything else would I only work if the app itself had been left open, which is obviously not convenient.
    10-26-13 12:05 PM
    Nice App Idea. I think I will create that kind of app tomorrow. Please be in touch pin:2B10A199

Posted via CB10
    10-26-13 12:09 PM
    Something similar to where's my droid, where if you text it, it turns on an alarm.

My phone is always on silent.

The initial blackberry protect is cool but you need a computer to turn the alarm on.

Also is there an app that can turn on location services remotely, to find a lost phone?

I don't like leaving LS on in standby.

Posted via CB10
    Hi King_Slayer please have a look at Mapshot10 : https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...ntent/34779892

You send an email or a text message to your phone and a map of its location is returned. There is no option to make it make play an alarm at the moment but we'll look into adding that functionality.

Location services has to be on standby and this is required for BlackBerry Protect too.

Regards.
    10-26-13 03:42 PM
    Hi King_Slayer please have a look at Mapshot10 : https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...ntent/34779892

You send an email or a text message to your phone and a map of its location is returned. There is no option to make it make play an alarm at the moment but we'll look into adding that functionality.

Location services has to be on standby and this is required for BlackBerry Protect too.

Regards.
    Would you consider writing a similar "Play Sound" app for Playbook whilst you're there?

I use my BB Protect to locate my handset via my playbook all the time!, There is a shortcut link in homescreen I found in app world. But no Vice Versa, mostly becaise BB Protect doesn't seem to work for Playbook, as I can't tie in my BB I.D. to the tablet.
    This "Play sound" idea should be adapted once you code it, its truly a missing link in the Bridged device's functionalities.
    10-26-13 03:52 PM
    PLUS, if they ever release a smartwatch, you'd have first dibs on the app name AND an existing user base dying to tie in their watches too!
    10-26-13 04:00 PM
    Would you consider writing a similar "Play Sound" app for Playbook whilst you're there?

I use my BB Protect to locate my handset via my playbook all the time!, There is a shortcut link in homescreen I found in app world. But no Vice Versa, mostly becaise BB Protect doesn't seem to work for Playbook, as I can't tie in my BB I.D. to the tablet.
    This "Play sound" idea should be adapted once you code it, its truly a missing link in the Bridged device's functionalities.
    Hi Fuzz360, thanks for the feedback but we are only focused on BB10 apps at the moment. We don't anticipate developing for the PlayBook. Sorry

Posted via CB10
    10-26-13 04:08 PM
    Ah well, keep me in mind if you accidently come across sound activation code that'll do the trick. haha.....*sighs*
    10-26-13 04:50 PM
    I'm almost finished with a Phone Locator app. And I call it Where's My BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 05:55 AM
    Where's my BlackBerry is very customizable. You can set your own alarm sounds, vibration, led and flash, even let it automatically reply the sms sender of the code that triggered it to alarm. And the sender will automatically be invoked with a Map with Direction to the lost phone. You can set up to 3 trigger codes and 3 stop codes. Stop codes can be used to stop the alarm also with sms email or bbm or any mesaage on the hub that contains the triggered code.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 05:59 AM
    I've posted screenshotd and features of Where's My BB. Thanks to your idea.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 12:56 PM
    "Find Me" would be a cheeky name

No chance of a Playbook version is there?
    10-27-13 05:20 PM
    I'm a legacy user also, damn you must think I'm awkward!

I can use BB Protect on that however
    10-27-13 05:23 PM
    The best mobile number locator application is Truecaller.
    12-07-15 02:55 AM
    I can suggest PhoneFinder http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/41027904
    What's the best phone locator app?-img_20151207_173124.png

Posted via CB10
    12-07-15 03:32 AM
    I tried the phonefinder app mentioned above specifically because it says it works with SMS, but so far, I can get it to respond to an SMS as a trigger but it does not reply back with an SMS but only with an email.

This is important because often we are travelling abroad and have no Internet connection. Therefore I was looking for an app like wheres my droid which will work with no Internet connection at all.

Also this app will not even load onto the screen if the phone is an a "walled garden" environment. For example if you are abroad and have data roaming enabled but have not paid for it my network will redirect all internet traffic to their own site telling you how to pay. The application appears to be be trying to load some help pages from the Internet every time that it starts. If there is internet it works. If there is no internet at all it works. If it is in a "walled garden" with redirected pages the app just sits there forever trying to load the help pages.

In the image below I have set it to reply to my SMS but it does not. I tried both +447958123456 and 07958123456 formats but it doesn't work.

I have tried putting the same phone number in both boxes but it didn't make any difference.

Have I configured it wrong or is there something wrong with the app?

What's the best phone locator app?-dsc_1546.jpg
    12-29-15 05:36 AM
    Tried to look for some app because I remembered that I read some app like this.

And found this one.

Check out Anti Theft -GPS Phone Tracker in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/59955396

Posted via CB10
    12-29-15 06:55 AM
    I'm the developer of ProtectMe, the fastest way to Password Protect your phone in the eventuality it gets lost or stolen. Alternatively, you can also send commands by email, SMS or PIN message to your phone to get its location sent back in a reply.

Check out ProtectMe in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/59962662

I think Toysoft have also a similar feature in his app PowerTools, but I'm not 100% sure.

Posted via CB10
    12-31-15 04:32 AM