I have everything I need now except a way to "see" my kids when they are with their mother now since IMO stopped working all together. (it won't register anymore for some reason with the contacts to ring phone) so need an alternative. Skype I suppose or fiber may be best. We usually use Voxer but If I want to SEE them, we can't because BBM never made cross platform for video which stinks! Any suggestions for best?...

All suggestions welcome. Would like good quality and less battery drain as possible. Thanks.

What do you use?

Have the. Apk?

BTW: I made a typo in the description of this thread as in "Best" and see no way to correct it?..

 Passport SE  via Native CB10 .bar
    09-11-17 12:15 PM
    https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/skype/...-apk-download/

Install, run once, quit, reboot, wait 10 minutes, enjoy.
    DreadPirateRegan likes this.
    09-11-17 12:28 PM
    https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/skype/...-apk-download/

Install, run once, quit, reboot, wait 10 minutes, enjoy.
    Thanks Conite, you use this? Recommended as a replacement for imo as a casual free video call with the kids over anything else? I actually Never used Skype but once I tell them to download it, they are kids so not easy to get them to switch, again and again! Wish imo weren't pricks.

09-11-17 06:44 PM
    Thanks Conite, you use this? Recommended as a replacement for imo as a casual free video call with the kids over anything else? I actually Never used Skype but once I tell them to download it, they are kids so not easy to get them to switch, again and again! Wish imo weren't pricks.

Never used imo.

I actually don't like video calling at all.
    09-11-17 11:50 PM
    You can try Skype Lite. I think good alternative for BB10.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-17 03:59 AM
    The verion provided by conite works perfectly. I use that version of skype everyday in my passport for audio and video call both. The big downside is that skype is a real battery drainer since the app is not native, it's slow and drains the battery from 100 to 0 in no time when used. Even in standy it uses battery.

Just by closing skype, I can get significant increase in battery usage in my passport, the way it was meant to be used. But for BB10 users these are the workarounds left to continue using the OS. I also use imo and it's not that of a battery drainer compared to skype.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-17 09:00 AM
    The verion provided by conite works perfectly. I use that version of skype everyday in my passport for audio and video call both. The big downside is that skype is a real battery drainer since the app is not native, it's slow and drains the battery from 100 to 0 in no time when used. Even in standy it uses battery.

Just by closing skype, I can get significant increase in battery usage in my passport, the way it was meant to be used. But for BB10 users these are the workarounds left to continue using the OS. I also use imo and it's not that of a battery drainer compared to skype.

Posted via CB10

I have no doubt as anything conite ever sent me was 100 and he sent me allot in PM's as when was setting up my phone he helped me allot with sending stuff as well as teaching me to do it myself. One thing led to another and I am now no slouch when it comes to BB10 but for sure an nearing an intermediate because of him, at least for the basic major tricks. I think I enjoy tinkering to get things to work. Maybe that's my issue.. maybe it all our issues! Hahah.

You don't use imo anymore cause it stopped working? I was on as in signed in for a whole month with zero imo's or replies so updated and then it wanted me to re register which didn't work, all imo versions now will not make the call to register or send an sms) don't even see an option to send sms) so imo somehow does not work and using an older version doesn't work either as even when signed in, it just looks like your on, let's u send messages that never really get sent. Some reason it just doesn't work now. I wrote them, they won't answer or comment why this occurred as in if it was intentional or just something that happened and can't be helped but I see no way to get it registered as in past the register screen on the last four versions and it always ran perfect! It was so ideal for the Passport. I wish I knew how to fix the login/register issue. I am just guessing it has something to do with syncing to the phones thru the contacts and runtimes branches but they have yet to comment. Thanks for the info on Skype, going to skip it and continue my search. Tried Kakao as like the dev but it's to much for me, don't need all that so tried Google Duo and patch worked well but register did same as imo, it won't register. Error actually on duo which looked like it would of been ideal for what I want... Grrrr.

Search continues but leaning towards linphone or zoom cloud meetings in blackberry world now, if they will work right. Not sure! Still open to suggestions...

I'm going to write IMO again and see..

Wish I knew more about .apks and messing around with them as I bet there is a way to get it to work again as in register as its not play services nor the runtime.. it's something else?..

Your not saying imo is working for you? If so somehow, don't delete it and reinstall or it won't work! Or register rather.. far as I know. Somebody knows better way then I am impressed and all ears. I tried everything because I know it works for years so doesn't make much sense. As even rolling back does same thing as in not registering. Grrrr.

09-12-17 11:02 AM
    9.8000000007501 is the last working versio of IMO

Posted via CB10
    09-12-17 11:13 AM

Posted via CB10
    So that version will register and run?

Do you know why it stopped working?

I see no reason as its not the runtime nor is it play services or any type of patch. It's something on the registration I'm guessing and sync on contacts. Intentionally done to use or just something that happened that maybe they can fix if they do something and it's brought to light.. I wish in knew.

Anyway you can pull that .apk with apk extractor for me?

Your sure that version registers and moreso, works after ya in? People are receiving the messages? If so your a life saver!!!

I really wanna know why.
    @Cobalt232 from what you hear here, if had to take a wild guess what would you guess it is that caused this?.. besides the fact of saying BB10 like Conite would say (LOL, love that guy) I mean like a server thing or on purpose, etc? I don't see why they wouldn't want blackberry users on.. Hmm....

09-12-17 11:28 AM

Posted via CB10
    Dude, if that works and you have it, imo updated thier app so much that 7501 isn't available. It's an important .apk for BlackBerry not just me as surely I am not the only one. Can you pull it and share via a cloud Mike? Thank you!

Or did you mean that's the last version and it stopped working as I didn't Pay notice as when it stopped working I was already logged in but it wasn't connected however looked as though it was so tripped me up for awhile.. I was sending imo's and people weren't replying for awhile until I realized something was going on...

09-12-17 11:32 AM
    So that version will register and run?

Do you know why it stopped working?

I see no reason as its not the runtime nor is it play services or any type of patch. It's something on the registration I'm guessing and sync on contacts. Intentionally done to use or just something that happened that maybe they can fix if they do something and it's brought to light.. I wish in knew.

Anyway you can pull that .apk with apk extractor for me?

Your sure that version registers and moreso, works after ya in? People are receiving the messages? If so your a life saver!!!

I really wanna know why.
    @Cobalt232 from what you hear here, if had to take a wild guess what would you guess it is that caused this?.. besides the fact of saying BB10 like Conite would say (LOL, love that guy) I mean like a server thing or on purpose, etc? I don't see why they wouldn't want blackberry users on.. Hmm....

http://www.androidapksfree.com/apk/i...-apk-download/
    On my passport and z10 works fine...

Posted via CB10
    09-12-17 11:33 AM
    http://www.androidapksfree.com/apk/i...-apk-download/
    On my passport and z10 works fine...

Posted via CB10
    Bro if this works, you are Thee MAN!!

Either way thanks. Going to try to register now.

Did you have an issue as well as to that's how you know the exact version that is the last to work? That's a good thing to know but a hard thing to find out unless somebody actually paid exact attention. I assume you upgraded it didn't work and rolled back?..

Thanks again, DREAD

09-12-17 11:36 AM
    Yes you are right...I tried to update to all next versions, I also tried to patch them but nothing happened...this is one I send you I the only one that works

Posted via CB10
    09-12-17 11:38 AM
    Yes you are right...I tried to update to all next versions, I also tried to patch them but nothing happened...this is one I send you I the only one that works

Posted via CB10
    Going to install now, you are Brilliant my man!
    Trying rigjht now. Made my month!!!
    Use this for my children. It's really good on BB10.

Praying it registers for me.

09-12-17 11:54 AM
    Keep fingers crossed!!!

Posted via CB10
    09-12-17 11:56 AM
    Keep fingers crossed!!!

Posted via CB10
    Bro, works Flawless! You are spectacular man. Seriously a HUGE thanks from Philadelphia if I can ever lend a helping hand in any way, donation, etc just let me know. You just helped me connect back with my children when they are away. Spectacular and Diligent person you are, DPR

09-12-17 12:25 PM
    Bro, works Flawless! You are spectacular man. Seriously a HUGE thanks from Philadelphia if I can ever lend a helping hand in any way, donation, etc just let me know. You just helped me connect back with my children when they are away. Spectacular and Diligent person you are, DPR

I'm glad I could help you!!
    (I'm also using it to talk to my family in Greece )

Posted via CB10
    09-12-17 12:48 PM
    I'm glad I could help you!!
    (I'm also using it to talk to my family in Greece )

Posted via CB10
    Yeah man, Philadelphia here. It is so clear, works great which is why I was so upset when it stopped working but still wasn't enough to take me off BB10 or Passport yet!

I still wonder why... hmm, wonder if a permission is missing in newer versions or what.. so strange. Now that it works I am happy, good enough for me. Hah. Thanks again Mike.

09-12-17 12:58 PM
    Yeah man, Philadelphia here. It is so clear, works great which is why I was so upset when it stopped working but still wasn't enough to take me off BB10 or Passport yet!

I still wonder why... hmm, wonder if a permission is missing in newer versions or what.. so strange. Now that it works I am happy, good enough for me. Hah. Thanks again Mike.

I really don't t know why it doesn't work ... Fortunately there is this working version , I'm not ready to leave my Bb10!!!
    You are welcome!

Posted via CB10
    09-12-17 01:08 PM
    I really don't t know why it doesn't work ... Fortunately there is this working version , I'm not ready to leave my Bb10!!!
    You are welcome!

Posted via CB10
    I wonder if we can use PS patcher to remove ad's, not sure if it's google ad's or not however will try a bit later. If it works for this working version I will post it up. If not, ads are not really so bad as only appear once. In awhile at top barely notice but still would be sweet..

I am with you with BB10 but seems BlackBerry really is making a comback due to the Keyone. I am enticed to grab one but will await a keytwo when it is even more developed and looking like BB10 and maybe add the toolbelt to dub as home, back and resents then I am in, I mean why waste the space(?) if they do this, I am in 100 percent!!

Also need stereo speakers. Key2 hopefully will bring these things and I will be on board!

Super Amoled Bright Bright screen with controls.

This is all the Key1 is missing from what I see and it's not even bad as I am just talking perfection for me. I am sure the speakers are superb and screen is fine now!

They add that tool belt they are going to get so many bb10 folks to finally swap!

#GoBlackberry

09-12-17 02:44 PM
    I wonder if we can use PS patcher to remove ad's, not sure if it's google ad's or not however will try a bit later. If it works for this working version I will post it up.

I am sorry I didn't tell you that you can patch it...I used the patcher 1.6

Posted via CB10
    09-12-17 02:46 PM
    I am sorry I didn't tell you that you can patch it...I used the patcher 1.6

Posted via CB10
    All good bro, what does it allow for just the remove ad's right? If so, I will do so with PS 1.6 shortly.. as it doesn't use play services as far as I knew or see. That's great though! You leave no stone un-turned like myself..

09-12-17 02:51 PM
    All good bro, what does it allow for just the remove ad's right? If so, I will do so with PS 1.6 shortly.. as it doesn't use play services as far as I knew or see. That's great though! You leave no stone un-turned like myself..

With Ps 1.6 I removed both (Ads and Google dependencies ) and till now the apk works fine...

Posted via CB10
    09-12-17 02:56 PM
    Ad removal = Awesome, will do so now. I didn't know it had dependencies at all. Hmm. Do you white list it as well?

09-12-17 03:00 PM
    Ad removal = Awesome, will do so now. I didn't know it had dependencies at all. Hmm. Do you white list it as well?

You only NEED to whitelist if you need to sign into Google+ or using mapping functions.

If you ever set Patcher to decompile, NEVER check maps API. Whitelist and Play Services v10 does that now.
    09-12-17 03:02 PM
35 12